ALL MY NOV 30 SAY EXPIRED!!!! ENTIRE MONTHS DISAPPEAR FROM ITEMIZED- TWICE. NOW RANDOM DATES DISAPP

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have bought a lot of items in two months. Imagine if you have to reset them- thereby, having a new date in the MY Downloadables that does NOT match the date in the Itemized- so you have NO idea where to look if you have to reset. NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE, I've had ENTIRE MONTHS disappear. September disappeared in the middle of that month, no rhyme or reason, then October. ALL OF IT. Now Nov 30th items ALL GONE. Sales support "Nothing we can do, we can't fix it, just reset."

JUST RESET???????? How do I know what ALL is missing? Nov 30th out of the blue is GONE.

But the SECOND time half a month went POOF, so as not to get totally screwed up, I went back and started at the Z's and reset, so that MY DOWNLOADABLES would be in alphabetical order anyway. I couldnt wade through 1500+ items thrown together, where the dates didnt match the order dates, or the Itemized dates. Wouldn't have a clue what date to go to since this keeps repeatedly occurring. Can you imagine trying to write down ONE MONTHS worth and their new dates so I could find them in the My Downloadables (done STUPIDLY BY DATE, not alphabetically- pathetic!) then have items disappear again, to go with a third different date in the My Downloadables? So that took THREE DAYS to do A-Z. . Did that just last week.

I printed out through the C's as I am doing a catalog- and I noticed my pages from last night werent matching what I was printing out. Lo and behold, ALL MY NOVEMBER 30ths say EXPIRED, and who knows what else And those items DISAPPEARED from the Itemized List. Now, if I hadn't printed those out last night- just happened to- I WOULD HAVE MISSING ITEMS AND NOT KNOW IT.

So heads up, your Itemized list is WORTHLESS. If things expire, you won't know they're gone unless you go through the My Downloadables page by page by page by page by page by page... you get the drift.

DAZ- get your stupid cart fixed. There is no excuse for you sticking with Magento. It is BROKEN. IT DOESNT WORK.

Comments

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I have bought a lot of items in two months. Imagine if you have to reset them- thereby, having a new date in the MY Downloadables that does NOT match the date in the Itemized- so you have NO idea where to look if you have to reset. NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE, I've had ENTIRE MONTHS disappear. September disappeared in the middle of that month, no rhyme or reason, then October. ALL OF IT. Now Nov 30th items ALL GONE. Sales support "Nothing we can do, we can't fix it, just reset."

JUST RESET???????? How do I know what ALL is missing? Nov 30th out of the blue is GONE.

But the SECOND time half a month went POOF, so as not to get totally screwed up, I went back and started at the Z's and reset, so that MY DOWNLOADABLES would be in alphabetical order anyway. I couldnt wade through 1500+ items thrown together, where the dates didnt match the order dates, or the Itemized dates. Wouldn't have a clue what date to go to since this keeps repeatedly occurring. Can you imagine trying to write down ONE MONTHS worth and their new dates so I could find them in the My Downloadables (done STUPIDLY BY DATE, not alphabetically- pathetic!) then have items disappear again, to go with a third different date in the My Downloadables? So that took THREE DAYS to do A-Z. . Did that just last week.

I printed out through the C's as I am doing a catalog- and I noticed my pages from last night werent matching what I was printing out. Lo and behold, ALL MY NOVEMBER 30ths say EXPIRED, and who knows what else And those items DISAPPEARED from the Itemized List. Now, if I hadn't printed those out last night- just happened to- I WOULD HAVE MISSING ITEMS AND NOT KNOW IT.

So heads up, your Itemized list is WORTHLESS. If things expire, you won't know they're gone unless you go through the My Downloadables page by page by page by page by page by page... you get the drift.

DAZ- get your stupid cart fixed. There is no excuse for you sticking with Magento. It is BROKEN. IT DOESNT WORK.

Check out the DAZ History Manager at http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

That and the 3D Content Downloader will make your life easier.

Forum link here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1563/

Both are free for now (and no they are not my programs but I use them)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Ummm...Itemized Order History doesn't 'expire'...My Downloadable does.

Also, in the history, the second column is the order date...so even if it is only alphabetical and not searchable, scanning the list of dates shouldn't be THAT difficult.

Another tip...keep the order confirmation email until you've actually downloaded everything from that particular order...

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Things in my downloadable have always dropped off after a while. I have noticed that they stayed longer on to the new site. As to what reset. You can go to my orders and look at them to see what you didn't get around to downloading yet. Odd yours have dropped off though. I have some going back to resets I did end of October and new purchases back to 11/17. Which frankly is hanging around in there far too long.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

My pages for available downloads finally cleared off a few days ago. :-)

So many things have been updated that I'm happy this happened. Now I can reset and know that the item is only listed once in the downloads.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Ummm...Itemized Order History doesn't 'expire'...My Downloadable does.

Also, in the history, the second column is the order date...so even if it is only alphabetical and not searchable, scanning the list of dates shouldn't be THAT difficult.

Another tip...keep the order confirmation email until you've actually downloaded everything from that particular order...

Right- when the My Downloadable expires- the items DISAPPEARS from the Itemized. I didnt say they expired, at least I dont think I did.

"shouldn't be THAT difficult...." It is when an entire MONTH disappears. And when you reset, it puts those items back in on a different date- that's my point! So you CAN NOT use your Itemized order date- it's wrong. When you reset, the Itemized date stays the same, but it is NOT found in the My Downloadables on that date. That's my complaint! Resets should keep the original date of purchase or you have to keep writing down every item, and the date it was reset.

Yes, I have all the emails- good idea :)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Things in my downloadable have always dropped off after a while. I have noticed that they stayed longer on to the new site. As to what reset. You can go to my orders and look at them to see what you didn't get around to downloading yet. Odd yours have dropped off though. I have some going back to resets I did end of October and new purchases back to 11/17. Which frankly is hanging around in there far too long.

Khory- I have ordered LOT of things in a month and a half. (Just trust me on that.) I haven't even begun to get the majority downloaded. And November 30th has no business expiring on Dec 4th!

edited December 1969

I will definitely do that- but first I have to go back and see what all Daz screwed up. Thanks for the information, I'm sure others can use it too!

Check out the DAZ History Manager at http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

That and the 3D Content Downloader will make your life easier.

Forum link here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1563/

Both are free for now (and no they are not my programs but I use them)

edited December 1969

I have stuff in "Itemized order history" dating back to 2007...each item listed alphabetically. Never expires. I reset an item on Oct 12, 2012, it is still showing the original date it was bought on, in Itemized Order History.

Under "My Orders" there is a list of orders, by date...again listings going all the way back to 2007. Never expires.

Under "My Downloadable..." I've got stuff from the last order or so...it may or may not be there tomorrow (seems to expire randomly based on phase of the moon or something).

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    ... edit ... And November 30th has no business expiring on Dec 4th!

Actually that sounds like they're returning to the timing that used to be. We had 3 days to download an item, then yes it left the download page. One could reset the download up to 3 times in 3 months, or something like that. If more tries were required all it took was a phone call to customer service.

edited December 1969

Novica said:

Actually that sounds like they're returning to the timing that used to be. We had 3 days to download an item, then yes it left the download page. One could reset the download up to 3 times in 3 months, or something like that. If more tries were required all it took was a phone call to customer service.

Yeah, it did used to be three days, didn't it?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

When you reset, the Itemized date stays the same, but it is NOT found in the My Downloadables on that date.

It should have the date that you reset it on so that you know when to expect it to expire. If it were to have, for example, the purchase date then it wouldn't help you at all know how long you had left to download it

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Novica said:

Yes, sure would be nice to have a "reset all" or "reset all selected" though esp given the number of files that have been updated for 4.5 ... and we don't know all which ones 'til we try. Having reset and downloaded many "old" files ... they've actually done an amazing job updating a good deal of the store at least to zips if not also for 4.something.

edited December 1969

It's gotten even worse than I thought- the items are gone from Itemized and Downloaded- in other words, unless I go in to My Orders there's no trace of products. And like I said, Nov 30th went poof, but (from first glance) most of November is there, and part of October. NO LOGIC. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the concern / support :)

edited December 1969

Log out, shut down browser...clear DAZ related cookies, clear cache...reboot computer and then re-login...

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    It's gotten even worse than I thought- the items are gone from Itemized and Downloaded- in other words, unless I go in to My Orders there's no trace of products. And like I said, Nov 30th went poof, but (from first glance) most of November is there, and part of October. NO LOGIC. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the concern / support :)

Just in case, you know that in your itemized order history the items are alphavebetical and not chronological right? you have to look up each item individually under itemized.

That said, I did once have an order disappear from itemized order history, and it was a mistake and customer support fixed it when I put a ticket in.
    Make sure you check the "my orders" page and see if you still have that order listed, then look the items up individually and alphabetically in itemized order history.
    If its not there, then put in a support ticket.
    Hope you get your downloads soon!

edited December 2012

Believe me, I know that Itemized alphabetical inside and out. I had printed out the A-C pages to help me when surfing, and I noticed that when I went to print out my pages tonight to continue printing the D's, that some of those D items were on the previous page. Instead of being on page 4 for example, they were now on page 3. Unless items were missing, they could not move backward! And that's how I found the Nov 30 ones missing from the A, B, C pages. ARRRGH.

But thank you! :)

Post edited by Novica on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

well like i said, it has happened before. Did you have any error or refund for any part of the order? sometimes the entire order could be accidentally cancelled. just put in a ticket, they'll fix it asap.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Can I suggest that you should close your browser and clear your cache.

Then when you are on your itemised history page do a shift refresh, to force a completely new version of the website to appear in your browser, not any cached version.

Shift refresh Press Shift+Ctrl+R simultaneously.

Then as has been explained, check your order history, not your itemised order history, as that is in date order. Click on each of your recent order to find the names of stuff that you have ordered.

edited December 1969

well like i said, it has happened before. Did you have any error or refund for any part of the order? sometimes the entire order could be accidentally cancelled. just put in a ticket, they'll fix it asap.

You'll love this- I had checked the order as they wanted FIVE THINGS that had disappeared (even though I gave them the order number and said ALL of it was missing, they couldn't bother to call it up-so when I looked at the order, ta dah- you were close- the entire order had been refunded. No, I had not requested ANY part of it to be refunded, fixed, adjusted, NOTHING. On their own, Daz just refunded an entire 95.00 order (LOTS of things- most under 3.00 so you can see how many things are now screwed up via DAZ- AGAIN.)

But that doesnt explain why two months of things that they just had to reset from previous goofs (aka fresh resets) are gone again. I'm done buying in bulk- I will hit them with so many miniscule orders their heads will spin. They pay the paypal fees, I dont, so literally their loss. I can't deal with mega loads of items in one order disappearing over and over again.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Can I suggest that you should close your browser and clear your cache.

Then when you are on your itemised history page do a shift refresh, to force a completely new version of the website to appear in your browser, not any cached version.

Shift refresh Press Shift+Ctrl+R simultaneously.

Then as has been explained, check your order history, not your itemised order history, as that is in date order. Click on each of your recent order to find the names of stuff that you have ordered.

Thanks chohole, had already done the forced refresh last night :)
    My orders are listed, and as I just found, they REFUNDED an order without any cause. NONE of it had a ticket in, no refunds, nothing. I am now going back through all orders- quite a pain. So I guess the word to the wise is to check each ORDER and see if Daz has screwed up and refunded or canceled. Britney was refunding items for price differences, but there was nothing on this ticket and it's rather large to just cancel tons of items by mistake. Britney is smarter than that- she is on the ball. We're talking over 90.00

However, the issue still remains that they had just had to reset TWICE months worth of stuff that kept dropping off quickly- and I cant get it downloaded fast enough before I am wasting time like this, trying to find what is missing NOW due to glitches. I'd be more than happy to download instead of trying to find why an order in the middle of other orders that had no tickets suddenly gets totally refunded.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Actually that sounds like they're returning to the timing that used to be. We had 3 days to download an item, then yes it left the download page.

A return to the old system would certainly be better than the present apparently-random mass expiry of the downloads page. I had something similar happen last month — the whole of November's orders piled up, and up, and up, then I think about three weeks after the previous expiry everything older than a couple of days was cleared out. It took me nearly a week to realise I'd missed downloading a couple of Horse Pro Pack items, which I had to reset.

Is this how the Magento store is supposed to behave? That isn't a rhetorical question, I'd really like to know. This doesn't seem to be automatic by date, or by how much stuff has piled up in the Downloads page, or even some poor DAZ staff member running from account to account doing manual expiries. It's just so random, we don't know how long anything is going to stay put in the Downloads page.

But then, doesn't "it's so random" pretty much sum up the whole DAZ Magento experience...?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

When the new site launched DAZ announced that resets now were unlimited (and they still are, according to my tests).. I assume it will stay that way until they change it. :-)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Novica said:

Wasn't it five?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 2012

Novica said:
    Believe me, I know that Itemized alphabetical inside and out. I had printed out the A-C pages to help me when surfing, and I noticed that when I went to print out my pages tonight to continue printing the D's, that some of those D items were on the previous page. Instead of being on page 4 for example, they were now on page 3. Unless items were missing, they could not move backward! And that's how I found the Nov 30 ones missing from the A, B, C pages. ARRRGH.

But thank you! :)

You know, for what it is worth, if you will go get the FREE software programs I recommended, you will be able to see and search your entire Itemized history, reset any and all downloads you want, AND find out the exact page number where you can find that particular item in your Itemized history here at DAZ (just be sure to set the History to show 50 products at a time). And then when all the stuff you want to download is in the downloadable products, the 3D Content Downloader will let you download it all with a few clicks. No fuss. No muss. No need to post 2-3 pages of stress that just makes you even more stressed. :)

Plus, it will be easier to know if you have anything actually missing or not or if your browser is wonky. (Sometimes I think something is missing only to discover that I didn't remember the name as exactly as I thought or that the website and my browser are not communicating well.)

Be sure to have your recent orders page handy so all you have to do is plug in the order numbers and all those products will be listed (or not). And you will know instantly if it got "dropped". Then your ticket can say "I am missing this this and that" from order number 0000 purchased on .

BTW, Taozen above is the one who made the software. It rocks. :)

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Novica said:

Wasn't it five?

It was...both actually...a long time ago it was 3. Back in those days it would take me those three days and a reset to get stuff downloaded...dial up, that didn't always stay connected nor could I stay on for very long, except at night, but more often than not, if I left something downloading it would get dropped.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Novica said:

When the new site launched DAZ announced that resets now were unlimited (and they still are, according to my tests).. I assume it will stay that way until they change it. :-)

Missed that mention, kool :-)

edited December 2012

Here's the bottom line from sales support-
    Britney told me today that Paypal has a new policy that if ANYTHING from an order gets refunded, they (Paypal) cancel the entire order.
    I've never had a problem with Britney, and believe me, she wouldnt cancel a bigger order of $90 with a lot of things, had many $3-5.00 items) so it wasn't just an "oopsie."

If you have had a refund of any amount with paypal, go check those orders and see if your items are gone.

I've asked her to just credit my account instead of doing refunds (I had left that up to daz, said I didnt care one way or another. Now I care!) and I am assuming they can do that with Paypal transactions.

Just an FYI. It ain't DAZ, it's a new Paypal policy. So either Daz will have to work it out with them, or have a new policy of store credit and no refunds with Paypal transactions.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2012

Novica said:
    Here's the bottom line from sales support-
    Britney told me today that Paypal has a new policy that if ANYTHING from an order gets refunded, they (Paypal) cancel the entire order.
    I've never had a problem with Britney, and believe me, she wouldnt cancel a bigger order of $90 with a lot of things, had many $3-5.00 items) so it wasn't just an "oopsie."

If you have had a refund of any amount with paypal, go check those orders and see if your items are gone.

I've asked her to just credit my account instead of doing refunds (I had left that up to daz, said I didnt care one way or another. Now I care!) and I am assuming they can do that with Paypal transactions.

Just an FYI. It ain't DAZ, it's a new Paypal policy. So either Daz will have to work it out with them, or have a new policy of store credit and no refunds with Paypal transactions.

That's a big change to make - Paypal could have warned people you'd think. Thanks for the info.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That's a big change to make - Paypal could have warned people you'd think. Thanks for the info.

DAZ could have warned people as well, if someone in Sales knew about this policy change. How many people need refunds here all the time, for all sorts of reasons? Not just "I changed my mind, I don't want it after all", but what about "the store charged full price, I want a refund to the sale price". Is that — which is happening all the time in the new store — going to trip Paypal's new policy as well?

If that's so, then DAZ needs to get the word out to EVERYONE, and not next week, not when they get up in the morning, IMMEDIATELY.

edited December 1969

Yep! And can we get store credit with paypal transactions? If so, no biggie, they just need to post that all paypal will be store credit. Britney was surprised (blindsided) to say the least. She just found out due to my order being totally canceled- they may be looking into it to see if it was a paypal screwup.