Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

That is a "wow" image if ever I saw one Alessandro!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Awesome work there Alex! :-)

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A scene completely created with Look at my Hair. Take a closer look at this...

Now that's thinking outside of the box. ;-)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

A scene completely created with Look at my Hair. Take a closer look at this...

Okay, the flowers are nice, but GRASS!!!! yes :-)

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Wow I go away for a while and all the examples on here are amazing, hopefully in the next couple of days I will get some new ones to add.

Steve.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

So how long was the render?

Very nice btw :)

edited December 1969

Here is another quick Reality/Lux render. Hair is set to 80 Microns in size. Still to course for tight closeups but much better...
    I have not came up with an answer to the subdivision problem in Lux yet.

LAMH_Test_6.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 435K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

How about cat fur in lux or octane. I actually don't think im going to use this much for human hair anyway, I'm more interested in getting more mileage out of my UNUSED daz animals. That need fur badly. I have both lux/reality and octane and wouldn't mind giving it a spin.

edited December 2012

How about cat fur in lux or octane. I actually don't think im going to use this much for human hair anyway, I'm more interested in getting more mileage out of my UNUSED daz animals. That need fur badly. I have both lux/reality and octane and wouldn't mind giving it a spin.

Go back a page or two.... ;-)

Edit: It's not Lux or octane but the results will be better IMHO.

Post edited by KrazyHorse2 on
    edited December 2012

i saw the tiger, but I use octane almost exclusively now so that's why it's important to me. I had brought it up my interest in seeing the hair exported a few dozen pages ago actually.

Since I rarely use Daz for rendering how things look when exported is the most important piece. Only reason I would consider buying.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

OK, I prepared the Big Mil Cat preset and as promised it will ship with the plugin.
    It will include a short fur preset and some custom ones, as the siberian tiger here, which has some longer fur around the neck.

The renders here show a standard fur render, a "wet fur" look render (2nd image) where I used the clump effect, and the plain tiger without fur. 500000 hair, UE2, render time 5:35 minutes on my 8-core machine. Mid render settings.

Oh wow I have missed a lot of posts lately that tiger looks great. I think I will never need to buy another hair product again releveing the issues that go with it, burnt in highlights, no bump maps, no proper movement morphs and long render times. Yep I will be in heaven when this comes out. I had planned on attempting another relaistic image, female this time over the Christmas period. I will wait until this comes out (whenever that may be) before starting it.

I might even do another old man this time with nose and ear hair etc.

But like others I can't wait to use all my animals, finally. :)

• MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

I'm curious how LAMH can handle body hair. Will it look like a wool sweater or will it look like mange? Trying to make subtle body hair is a pain without using textures. It looks like it could even handle peach fuzz without the stick-like appearance of fibermesh.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    I'm curious how LAMH can handle body hair. Will it look like a wool sweater or will it look like mange? Trying to make subtle body hair is a pain without using textures. It looks like it could even handle peach fuzz without the stick-like appearance of fibermesh.

Please post some real life pictures as reference of what you'd like to accomplish.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:

Please post some real life pictures as reference of what you'd like to accomplish.

when will it be ready to buy ?

edited December 1969

Hi bigh, just in time for XMas, if nothing catastrophic happens in the meantime.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Hi bigh, just in time for XMas, if nothing catastrophic happens in the meantime.

Er, given that it's currently taking multiple weeks/months for things to get through whatever arcane approval process DAZ has, does this mean it's going to go up for sale at Rendo or another site?

Not that I care where I buy it, as long as I CAN buy it. ;)

edited December 1969

thats good - so you have what its going to cost yet ?

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Yes I do, but unfortunately I can't disclose that until the very last moment. I hope you understand.
    All I can say that it will certainly cost less than 100 USD.

edited December 1969

Er, given that it's currently taking multiple weeks/months for things to get through whatever arcane approval process DAZ has, does this mean it's going to go up for sale at Rendo or another site?

Not that I care where I buy it, as long as I CAN buy it. ;)

I thnk we can make it for XMas, here at DAZ.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Yes I do, but unfortunately I can't disclose that until the very last moment. I hope you understand.
    All I can say that it will certainly cost less than 100 USD.

o come I wouldn't tell any one ;-)

edited December 1969

I'm currently producing presets for most common figures, and as I have a little time I'll ask some friends to to some Lux renders, or maybe Octane as well, and post the results.
    Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to try Octane myself, they are still stuck on a OSX 32bit version (which is not going to work if you feed it with a large geometry set).

edited December 1969

Since it will be here at Daz I'll just impatiently wait and see. The Octane integrated plugin for Daz is also scheduled for right before Xmas so I need to save up my pennies and have some time reserved to tinker with new toys.

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    So how long was the render?

Very nice btw :)

The render was quite fast (less than 10 minutes), but you guys missed the subliminal message that laid in that image/post.
    I'm going to explain that in a bit.

edited December 1969

I posted the attached image saying "A scene completely created with Look at my Hair. Take a closer look at this...".

When I said "completely" I meant that also the flowers ecosystem was deployed using LAMH. More precisely, replacing hair with prop instances.

In next post I'll explain a little better how that works...

country.jpg
    870 x 902 - 708K
    edited December 1969

what even the tree trunks?

edited December 1969

Szark said:

No not the trunk :)
    The trunk actually served as the geometry to put "hair" on...

edited December 1969

AM is no good at keeping secrets. I saw that great tree pictures and already figured it out. It reminds me of when you showed off making hair in Infinito :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

No not the trunk :)
    The trunk actually served as the geometry to put "hair" on...Ok cool, still impressive though. :)

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Mohawk hair, furry tiger, and now PLANTS!

OMG it's getting better and better. Holding my breathe....

• Fabricius ParmaFabricius Parma Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Hair, fur, manes, and flowering trees!
    Good work!
    Will be a pleasure to use!

This discussion has been closed.