Environments folder

ElowanElowan Posts: 388
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am not a seasoned DAZ3D user so please excuse me if my question has been asked before (did a search and nada).

I recently unpacked a zip file and in the output there was a folder entitled Environment(s). Where should that be placed in the DAz 3D main folder?

TYVM.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

May be easier to answer if we knew which prop this was.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Guildhall

edited December 1969

You say it was a zip file ? Are you using a Mac

edited December 2012

chohole said:
    You say it was a zip file ? Are you using a Mac

SAT. EXE file.

Can you tell I'm having a bad day? Maybe low on omega3

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

I will see if anyone has that porduct, can explain where the folder should go.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I will see if anyone has that porduct, can explain where the folder should go.

Maybe the entire Guildhall folder? It ended up in the 'DAZ 3D' folder after a re-install. Methinks both I and my system may need omega3.

I am rebuilding after a major HD crah. Recuva has helped some but ...

edited December 1969

It could be, as I have had another product that had a folder called environements, but that was within another library folder. called props I believe.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

If it's the DS version Environments would go in the top-level folder, My Library or Content.

edited December 1969

If it's the DS version Environments would go in the top-level folder, My Library or Content.

It's in a folder labeled 'Guildhall' and is located in the Program Files\DAZ 3D\ folder.Environments is in the Guildhall folder

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

Richard is correct and it looks like you have it in the right place. Program Files? I thought on a Mac it is called Applications?

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Richard is correct and it looks like you have it in the right place. Program Files? I thought on a Mac it is called Applications?

I'm on a PC running Vista HP. Haven't used a Mac in years

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Are you using a Mac
    Sorry I thought you were giving chohole asked this earlier. Sorry my bad.

Ok in that case I wouldn't be installing content in Programs files if you use UAC in Vista..if you don't use UAC then forget what I said. :)

I the Default location for conetnt is "My Documents" is there any reason why you didn't install the default location for content. It doesn't mean you have to install to the default as I don't but one thing I make sure is not to install any content under programs files when using UAC.

Also my GuildHall files are .exes not zip files?

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    chohole said:
    Are you using a Mac
    Sorry I thought you were giving chohole asked this earlier. Sorry my bad.

Ok in that case I wouldn't be installing content in Programs files if you use UAC in Vista..if you don't use UAC then forget what I said. :)

I the Default location for conetnt is "My Documents" is there any reason why you didn't install the default location for content. It doesn't mean you have to install to the default as I don't but one thing I make sure is not to install any content under programs files when using UAC.

Also my GuildHall files are .exes not zip files?

Yes - my Guildhall files are exe files as well (they were in an rar archive on a BU disk). I ran the exes and they installed where they were supposed to based on the info in each exe file.

UAC?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    UAC?

Built in Windows nannyware...all those p-ups when you go to install things.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Elowan said:
    UAC?

Built in Windows nannyware...all those p-ups when you go to install things.

Ah so! Grassy-ass.