Snowball Savings Sale?

HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just spotted the Snowball Savings Sale on the store home page but no link...

Looks like a Fast-Grab type sale

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 2012

I don't see this. What is the URL to that page?

Post edited by barbult on
  • HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

It's on the Shop home page, in the promotional slider items

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shop

edited December 1969

Thanks for the link. You are right - the "button" does nothing.

edited December 1969
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

The snowball savings aren't working yet tho apparently, the prices are the same in the cart :(

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It 'works' as if it were a coupon and adjusts the total..not the individual prices.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

OH yes you're right! I see it now. Thanks for pointing that out :D

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 2012

Good sale.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Good sale.

I'd just like them to make the discount work with the 40% previous-horse-purchaser discount. And the horse items. I was hoping to get the Horse 2 Pro at a really good discount, by combining the Santa Baby with a few horse items, PC discount, and with the very kind discount they emailed me as a prior DAZ Horse owner. But it doesn't work; it doesn't see the Horse 2 Pro as a DAZ O, or at least as one that qualifies for the discount.

-- Morgan

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

Good sale.

I'd just like them to make the discount work with the 40% previous-horse-purchaser discount. And the horse items. I was hoping to get the Horse 2 Pro at a really good discount, by combining the Santa Baby with a few horse items, PC discount, and with the very kind discount they emailed me as a prior DAZ Horse owner. But it doesn't work; it doesn't see the Horse 2 Pro as a DAZ O, or at least as one that qualifies for the discount.

-- Morgan

What 40% previous-horse-purchaser discount, please?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

In the email I got, it excludes the usual items ($1.99 etc), and anything less than 60 days old, so the Horse may not count.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

In the email I got, it excludes the usual items ($1.99 etc), and anything less than 60 days old, so the Horse may not count.

The only problem with that is there are no release dates given on any items, so really it's just a guessing game what is 60 days old or more.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Does not seem to sit well with the 'buy this item, get that item free' deal with the Riding Habit/Jockey Set and Saddle Addon - the Addon (the item that should be free) gets charged at full, discounted price if included in the cart.

• IVSMAIVSMA Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Ok seems like another potentially good sale but I just realized if you add more than 4 DO items to cart with Santa Baby ALL snowball discounts disappear!

Just to be clear with sales I wish when stating such as “up to 72% off”… off what… the marked price or the original price?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

Good sale.

-- Morgan

Yea - what e-mail I've not got one

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

Good sale.

-- Morgan

And I've got both horsies l - shouldn't I be a Previous horse purchaser????

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

Good sale.

-- Morgan

Neither did I - and I was thinking just before I splashed out on the new horse bundle that it would be nice if they'd given us just such a discount.........:( Do you think we should contact sales support?

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I don't like they buy today save 50% off on something tomorrow gags. Even when there is something I want one day, the next day there is nothing. So I'll prolly pass on this one. Very much debating on getting a giftcard though...But then I would be tempted to spend money so might be better to hold on to my $$.

The santa girlie outfit is hot but I think I have a ton of those already. Nice that it is for genesis since I don't have one for Gen5, but something I can pass on. The hiro morphs look cool but I don't have hiro.

edited December 1969

I like the fact that the santa baby promo pics have a chocolate lady in one of the pictures, not enough of them scattered around the store IMO.

Also I've noticed that daz's marketing group has been working hard with banners. When I was on the Santa Baby textures page there was a banner at top that said "Snowball savings can be applied with Santa Baby Textures!"

Those types of banners are good to help conversion and avoid confusion. Surprised they have the resources to put stuff like that up. Good work!

edited December 1969

I don't like this type of sale either.
    Last year I was lucky - the first day had something I wanted and there usually more than one item the next day and I wanted one of those ...
    As this year begins with something I will not use ... I will save money. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

snow cones?

edited December 1969

snow cones?

?? What? Am I missing something again?

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 2012

I got the email about the "historical horse discount" and there is an additional discount applied when I add the Pro bundle to cart. However apparently one must "go to shopping cart" to see the correct price; the cart popup doesn't show the correct subtotal.

Post edited by araneldon on
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    I got the email about the "historical horse discount" and there is an additional discount applied when I add the Pro bundle to cart. However apparently one must "go to shopping cart" to see the correct price; the cart popup doesn't show the correct subtotal.

thanks for that heads up. I didn't get it at first and was upset

edited December 2012

araneldon said:

OK, I want that mail too! I think.
    To make sure I really want it: how much would you pay with the coupon for the ProBundle (and are you a PC member?)?
    Please?

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 2012

Well it took 8 dollars off for me so it was around $54 bucks which is still too rich for my blood. But I still have my save 30 coupon and that worked. I may go that route instead...

I have been saving my save-30 coupon for a big purchase and I can't see myself buying anything more expensive from Daz anytime soon unless Aiko5 really does come out LOL. So I am torn about if I should use it or not.

gonna fork over the money and get the pro bundle and cry that I never used the old horse in a render. with save 30 and my old horse discount it brings the horse down to 39.65 after taxes for the pro bundle.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 2012

The advertised discount is 40 % and the final total with PC discount is $52.48; PC coupon applies correctly as well.

Post edited by araneldon on
    edited December 1969

Thank you!
    Looks like they are trying to get the PC introductory price of $52.48 with the 40% off we had in november.
    *is peaceful again*

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

IVSMA said:
    Ok seems like another potentially good sale but I just realized if you add more than 4 DO items to cart with Santa Baby ALL snowball discounts disappear!

Happened to me too. I took everything out of my cart and got the mailbox freebie (shades of Zygote past!) instead -- I'll try again later. But since the savings depend on how many DAZOriginals are in the cart, this begs the question: are there any more DO's being released today? I don't want to buy too early if there'll be more to put in the cart, but I don't want to buy too late -- speaking of which, is the turnover officially midnight DAZ time?
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited December 2012

Kerya said:

"We want to thank you for your purchase and historical support of the Millennium Horse product line! As a "Thank You" for your confidence in and use of these products we want to give you a special opportunity take part in the future of the Horse line. Please join us in celebrating the release what we believe is one of our most stunning models to date by taking 40% OFF the new DAZ Horse 2 for Poser 9™ and DAZ Studio™. In fact, we're rewarding your loyalty by giving you 40% OFF any DAZ Original in the DAZ Horse 2 Category."

I bought the horse bundle yesterday however with a bigger discount than you get with this offer. So for my part I don't really see the point. Maybe it's for owners of the old horse who haven't seen/bought the new horse yet?

EDIT: That is a PC member of course, maybe this new discount is for everyone?

Post edited by Taoz on