1920 x 1080 - 425K
    Artthur_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 383K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

off with their head :roll:

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

All your stuff is great, but I'm LOVING the pirate series!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    All your stuff is great, but I'm LOVING the pirate series!

Thank you. now that I have my computer back in shape i'll start up that series again soon :)

edited December 1969

Spy vs Spy animation release,
    i did this to try to tune my computer after having a crash.
    I did this completely in Daz studio..

enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wDOcbBCtHg

1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 351K
    edited December 1969

enjoy

1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 351K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Assassin Ivy!! Love it!

Altair, Ezio and Connor would welcome to you the brotherhood in arms!

Great stuff! :)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

enjoy

Great job - love the action and the ending :-)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Assassin Ivy!! Love it!

Altair, Ezio and Connor would welcome to you the brotherhood in arms!

Great stuff! :)

Thank you Spyro for the very nice comment :)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:

enjoy

Great job - love the action and the ending :-)

Thank you Bigh :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm blown away! Of course you have skill's I need so bad. That AniBlocks or other motion files?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm blown away! Of course you have skill's I need so bad. That AniBlocks or other motion files?

I did this completely in Daz studio Advance, I used the poser mocaps sword ani biocks for the sword fight scene and a few walk cycles. the rest i key framed by hand ,
    I properly could have done a little better job I forgot to shut off som e Skirt handles and move the spot light in a couple of scene. I really did this just as a tune test for my new graphics card.

Thank you Jaderail for the kind comment

edited December 1969

I created a giraffe model with 3ds , but i have no idea where i can fine a texture for the fur I have tired a few from the texture banks bu none of them look righ. do any anyone have any ideas where i could fine a texture that matches a giraffe ?

here is a couple of samples of the model. which until i can find the right textures I'm stuck finishing it. I have it painted with just color at the moment .

Thanks

Giraffe_model_demo3.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 184K
    Giraffe_model_demo2.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 189K
    Giraffe_model_demo1.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 161K
    edited December 1969

Bad Boy..lol
    I can see a great animation with this scene..lol though i reckon it could be only posted at renderotica dot com

Title Bad Boy.
    Rendered in Poser 2012

Bad_Boy4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 191K
    Bad_Boy3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 223K
    Bad_Boy2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 168K
    Bad_Boy1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 210K
    edited December 1969

Been roaming RE ? LOL! Kinky, but well done :-P

With the giraffe, how good are you in Photoshop? You could get a non-patterned fur texture then overlay a patterned layer (The giraffe spots without fur, onto a Fur with no pattern) Then adjust the colours as needed.

I assume you UVW Mapped the Giraffe... It is essential btw.

Great job with the modeling! Looks awesome :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Been roaming RE ? LOL! Kinky, but well done :-P

With the giraffe, how good are you in Photoshop? You could get a non-patterned fur texture then overlay a patterned layer (The giraffe spots without fur, onto a Fur with no pattern) Then adjust the colours as needed.

I assume you UVW Mapped the Giraffe... It is essential btw.

Great job with the modeling! Looks awesome :)

Thank you Spyro, I was thinking of trying my hand at creating the texture in Photoshop. though I was really hoping to find some real fur textures I found some real eyes at rendo. so i got the eyes.

For right now I have set for my channel coordinates are just U V in channel1, I'm using the default values that's why it kind of looks flat., when i fine my textures I'll add the unwrap uvw modifier to channel 2 values to match my textures, so when I rotate model the texture will appear to look more 3D, with definition. that is why i really wanted to fine real fur texture, I made this to be a baby giraffe so the texture print is a little smaller and different color. from what can tell in the pictures i am using for reference.
    The model was easy to create .. the rigging it not so much...lol that is a work in progress.

Thank you for the comments and the helpful insight. learning this stuff is so darn hard..lol

edited December 2012

This is my poor attempt at making a giraffe texture, in Photoshop for my first 3ds Animal model of a giraffe i made.
    I haven't made any bumps maps for it yet, and i definitely am not satisfied with these results. it seems that I can't blend in the seams very well.

So maybe someone knows where i can find some real animal fur print.
    any suggestions would be helpful

Giraffe4.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 66K
    Giraffe3.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 90K
    Giraffe2.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 69K
    Giraffe_1.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 79K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

~ Tis The Season ~
    Rendered in PP2012

tis_the_season_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 115K
    tis_the_season_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 172K
    tis_the_season_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 229K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

lol! from kinky BDSM to Edwardian Christmas scenes ;-P
    you sure are building up an interesting art portfolio there Ivy %-P
    cool giraffe, now you must rig him or do a horse2 shrinkwrap clone!

edited December 2012

Ivy said:
    ~ Tis The Season ~
    Rendered in PP2012

OOOO I love this! He needs a monocle lol and a curled mustache :-P

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 2012

*giggle* I like to mix things up a bit to keep things interesting.
    I 'm working on rigging the model but I really haven;t got that far in class I tired to add some bones to the legs but for some reason they still would not bend..lol so I'm still working on it.
    Thank you Wendy for the comments :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2012

Ivy said:

*giggle* I like to mix things up a bit to keep things interesting.
    Thank you Wendy for the comments :)

Good Idea Spyro, I don' know why i didn't think of that :)

thanks for for viewing and commenting. I really appreciate it :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

These are a couple of scene shots of a animation I am doing soon to be released. Stay tuned in. :)

Happy Holidays

scene_23.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 362K
    scene_17.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 371K
    scene_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 308K
    edited December 1969

Ivy, you rock. Just one question if I may. What is your normal development time for one of your Vid's?

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    These are a couple of scene shots of a animation I am doing soon to be released. Stay tuned in. :)

Happy Holidays

looking good as usual !

Happy New Year !!!

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Hi Ivy,
    There are some good texture resources at http://cgtextures.com/ under animals there some giraffe photo you could use. Hope that helps, have a great new year!

edited December 1969

Hi Ivy,
    There are some good texture resources at http://cgtextures.com/ under animals there some giraffe photo you could use. Hope that helps, have a great new year!

wow fantastic , thank you for sharing this link with me . it will be most useful :) Happy New years as well.

edited December 2012

Jaderail said:
    Ivy, you rock. Just one question if I may. What is your normal development time for one of your Vid's?

Thank you Jaderail,. every animation is different. and have different challenges, this one i am working on right now is 3 weeks in the making and I have about aother week or 2 of rendering left to go.

So first i will say I do use any and all software in the animation process that will fit my needs whether it be Daz ,Poser or Autodesk suite to get my story across to my audience . I use Adobe premiere Pro cs5 for my movie & sound editing.
    I'll give you an example of my time scale line I use

1) I Create & edit a story, (most i wright myself.)
    2) I create a file tree_ IE ; Main file. ;The the sub folders of> Models files, >complete Animated scenes> completed rendered scene. >Sound files, and text document for all my credits to be noted on for later use for when i am putting in film credits at the end of the animation.

3) I build a story board ( I do this by building & using Daz & poser for the scenes and ready them for rendering at the same time. , this helps me gather my list of assets for the film and saves a lot of time from going back and forth into the content folders..Plus if you have a crash or if you need to re render a scene you will have the saved copy . This Also this gives me a chance to see what I need to purchase for the film or as of lately make some of the props I need.

4) After I complete the story board and match each scene to the story board events timeline. I go back and create the lighting and Atmosphere for each scene.

5) Then I start the Animation process. I use a combination of Ani Blocks & custom hand key-frame animation for the movements. As I complete each animation scene, I then move the scene over from my laptop to my big PC thru network connection. and render the completed key-framed scene for the story. Though only after i done a few test shots to make sue i have the shadows and lighting right. or if i need to add lip sync to the animation. (that is what you see here in test shots.)

5) Afterwards if I am not working on another scene during the rendering process. then I start on gathering my sound file assets. if i do not have the sounds i need in my sound library . I will create them myself. and sometimes will purchase sound file libraries and purchase licenses to use them in public forums.( its kind of the same as buying a daz model or product to use)

6) About a week before the animation is completed i try to start promotional work for it. to build up interest for people to watch it.
    so I'll start posting release notices and promo shots and letting people know in general of the the up come release of the film.

7) when i finish I grip about the errors i made and then i start looking at what i can do for another project. :)

So for the record this is my opinion, on using Daz4.5 and genesis in animation and why I think it sucks to use.
    I have tried so hard to make genesis and Daz4.5 work in animation.. but it is just not worth the effort. I have been using daz4 for a year And I am not using genesis At all because of the long laundry list of problems, I'm tired of complaining abou ,

i don't use daz4.5 to build animation scenes at all either, Only because the lack of not be able to save scenes in poser( pp2 & pz3) or daz3a (.DAZ) file formats which would allow me to move from one program to another effortlessly &. where some of the older Special effects tools i have still work in poser and daz and not in daz4.5, This saves me time and money.

If your using the saved DUF & DSA Daz4.5 scene files, they do not work in Daz3 or in poser. which makes daz4.5 not a asset in rendering large scale animation films. Daz 3 and poser are compatible and makes it much easier to work with, then having to export every scene created in daz4.5 into a FXB file, or use this or that tool. so i can use it in another program is silly and is just to much work and plus I'm to lazy..lol
    So I do not use daz4.5 for creating scene files for animation, just because I can't save or edit Daz4.5 DUF and DSA scene files in .Daz or poser pp2 & .pz3 file format. so it does not allow me to switch programs like i did before.( Big Suck)..This is just one of the many reasons why i don't use or buy anything genesis or in DUF and DSA formats. I found and experienced that poser and older .daz files animate much better with less work and issues during the animation process.( maybe because the mesh is less defined) and for the films i am making Daz3a and Poser fit my needs fine. plus with the use of poser fusion I can now bridge pp2 & pz3 files formats into Maya for complex animation scenes. which I can not do at all with Daz4.5.

My compatibility complaints about this issue for the last year has fallen on deaf ears, As i have learned the venders and this store does not care about the needs or concerns of the customers. And I don't purchase what I can't use. so you won't see any genesis products in my work., not until they can be use AND edit pp2 & PZ3 and .DAZ files formats
    But I will buy new models(mostly environment ) that are compatible with poser and daz3. with out Dosn or autofit.

Thanks for the interest and comments Jaderail,

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for all the info and a look at your work flow. I also have stayed away from DS4.5 for my Animation needs and will stay away longer now that I have read your reasons. I have printed out your tips to help me as I go along. All I need now is the skill to do better but I'm hoping that will come with more experiance. Thank you for your time.

Jeff

edited December 1969

Ivy some good info - thank you .
    Jeff if you look at what Ivy is using - I think you would be better off with iClone and 3dexchange which
    work well together .
    Or go with game software such as this - its free ( don't know if will do what you want ) .
    http://www.crydev.net/dm_eds/download_detail.php?id=4