Help with dson importer for poser

LlamacornLlamacorn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey guys.

I bought old man rex http://www.daz3d.com/shop/old-man-rex-for-genesis-character
for DS in the hopes of using him in poser. I got everything to work except for when I load the beard it doesnt have the brows with it. In DS the brows load at the same time as the beard. Back in Poser I can see the material for the brows but there is no Geometry for it to be mapped on to. Not sure what to do. I looked everywhere for a setting turned off and cant find anything.

Joe C.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

In DS, select the Group selection tool (Tool>Group Selection Tool) and open the Tool Settings pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Tool Settings). You should see a list of groups with polygon counts in the pane - which groups have non-zero counts? If you click and drag on the brows which group in the Tool Settings pane gains an active, not greyed out, - button next to the name?

• LlamacornLlamacorn Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Ok, Im in the tool settings panel and this is what I see.

Screen_Shot_2012-12-03_at_3.22_.43_PM_.png
    322 x 822 - 51K
    Post edited by Llamacorn on
  • LlamacornLlamacorn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

here is what it looks like after selecting the brows

Screen_Shot_2012-12-03_at_3.20_.26_PM_.png
    322 x 817 - 51K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Assuming there isn't a bone called default that's the issue - Poser doesn't like it when faces are assigned to a group that doesn't have a bone. Please either make a bug report or open a tech support ticket to let DAZ know that this needs fixing, assuming a reset doesn't get you fixed files.