Male aniMate walks?

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,170
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

The aniMate2 "Walk Construction Kit" (sku: 7946) looks like it's a set of walks for V4. Although somewhere on the catalog page is says the motion capture was using a male person.

I've got a bunch of manly men (M4 and F4 that I want to walk around in a scene and I don't want them to look like they're refugees from a drag show. :ohh:

Does this set actually produce masculine walks? I'm especially interested in being able to widen the leg stance for muscular men.

Based on the trial walks I got with one of the aniMate products I already have, I'm afraid all I'll get with this complete walk set is a bunch of female close legged prancing down a fashion show runway. >:(

Is there any place I can see the walk animations demonstrated?

Edited to add: Grrrr..., I hate this difficulty in putting a space between paragraphs. Grrrr

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited June 2012

The walks in the construction set will be similar to the ones available in the default content.

That being said, and you can try this, you can get a different looking walk be using a pose offset aniBlocks. See the videos titled "Layer Operations" and "Make your own pose offset aniBlock"
    - http://gofigure3d.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=79

You may want to also checkout the one titled "Walk and wave at the same time" as that concept could be used to get the walk on the lower half, but a much different look up top.

Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,170
    edited December 1969

Go Figure said:
    The walks in the construction set will be similar to the ones available in the default content.

That being said, and you can try this, you can get a different looking walk be using a pose offset aniBlocks. See the videos titled "Layer Operations" and "Make your own pose offset aniBlock"
    - http://gofigure3d.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=79

You may want to also checkout the one titled "Walk and wave at the same time" as that concept could be used to get the walk on the lower half, but a much different look up top.

Thank you. "Pose Offset aniBlock" technique worked OK for now.