mcjCollider plugin Pc/Mac - Get the New Genesis 3 / 8 crashproof version

Comments

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
    edited December 1969

Razor 42 said:
    Maybe a little off topic but have you heard about the Leap for Mac. It appears the SDK is also available on there site https://leapmotion.com/
    It only captures hand movements but its looking interesting.

i didn't know about this, it looks very precise, i guess a few years down the road it will be able to 'see' arms and legs

maybe it;s a kinect in disguise

http://www.neowin.net/news/leap-motion-aims-to-outperform-kinect-on-pc-and-mac

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,230
    edited December 1969

Lol it is very similar to a kinnect. Like the article you linked said I think there aiming for the still sitting if front of the PC Market. Not standing at a distance as the kinnect.
    I was wondering if it could be used in posing of characters in Daz. I think that would be pretty cool.

Anyway apologies for hijacking your thread.

I must say I really appreciate the work you do and have been a fan since I first installed Daz Studio 3.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

foleypro said:
    Wondering if this might work on my ParticleFX and Genesis or other things...?

speaking of which, did the "new" version ever came out for when people bought the old one for the free upgrade? >_<</p>

edited November 2012

i possibly will try publishing mcjCollider for DS4.5 tomorrow

it works, but for now it scans the whole body of a figure for collisions, but i want it to be capable of only parsing selected body parts
    this would be useful for example when you want to use the collider to make pants for Aiko without going through the 30000 polygons of her head

here i was testing the speed of mcjCollider

3600 collision detections were performed on the 14000-faces dragon in 46 seconds on a 3-core AMD cpu

i'll probably publish the script that lets you make minecraft-like figures and terrains ( with colors )

cuba.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 141K
    minecraftdragon.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 119K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Can the collider detect ricochet angles, as on a billiard table? :D

edited December 1969

Can the collider detect ricochet angles, as on a billiard table? :D

yes , the version for DS3 did it too as seen here https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjcollider-plugin

another new feature will be that the collider will return of to 10-layers deep collisions ( to help create minecraft things )

bounce.gif
    256 x 256 - 25K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

I was actually thinking about the impacts-between-balls part of the game, setting collided objects in motion (or would an interface with a regular Physics Engine be required?)

http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/7862/is-there-an-algorithm-for-a-pool-game

edited December 1969

I was actually thinking about the impacts-between-balls part of the game, setting collided objects in motion (or would an interface with a regular Physics Engine be required?)
    http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/7862/is-there-an-algorithm-for-a-pool-game

there was (is?) a physics engine for Daz Studio 3 that could be used, named Fizz-X

http://www.sharecg.com/v/39578/related/9/Plug-in/Physics-Playground-Plugin-for-DAZ-Studio

so that could be used

--

for mcjCollider one would have to write a script, basically a simplified physics engine

--

a more optimal solution would be to write a script that detects collisions by the distance between each ball
    During the simulation, if the distance between 2 balls becomes smaller than 2 times the radius of a ball, then a collision is detected
    The balls must be pushed apart , the collision angles must be computed etc etc

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

Great job as usual, I see where he is going with the collision request. Take a simple action of striking ones left hand with a right fist fall.
    In an exaggerated animation one would dampen the blow and possible show a double tap to signify a bounce and also give the impression of the elasticity of the skin.

These factors come into play when a physics engine is implemented, so it would take quite a bit of work to get a realistic collision with dampening. Now keep in mind we are talking about Casual so nothing is impossible. :coolsmirk:

Thanks for sharing and again looking forward to updated projects.

edited November 2012

see in blue yellow that's LindenLabs's free SecondLife figure meant to be used to create BVHs in poser/daz

the white-cubes-figure was obtained by scanning the SL figure using a script and the upcoming mcjCollider plugin for DS4.5

it took about 23 seconds to perform 10000 collision detections

the new feature added today is that the collider returns up to 100-layer-deep collision detections

so i could place a cube where the "ray" enters the body and a cube where it exits

the final version of this script will probably create cubes from the entry point to the exit point

so you'll get a filled figure

and before you ask for it, the ability to explode the cube-filled figures will not be available soon (maybe in 2013 )

---

i still have to program the part of mcjCollider that narrows the scope of the collision detection .... for now it scans the whole figure

moco.gif
    360 x 360 - 458K
    blocwoman.jpg
    565 x 800 - 101K
    coo.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 258K
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

Dude im telling you, You have done wonders with this program. Glad to be viewing your minds eye. (throw back from early graphics days Minds Eye was a coveted 3D Promo video that all wanted to be a part of)

edited November 2012

~ NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~

first release of mcjCollider for DS 4.5

32 bit and 64 bit versions

i did not test the 32 bit version, so if you do, please tell me how it went

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjcolliderds45

~ NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~

edited December 2012

as mentioned in the manual, mcjCollider is mostly a service to be used by other scripts and plugins

here i wrote a script, which will be published eventually, to create a tube skirt based on Aiko's body

i did have to "manually" fix it in Blender, but it did save much time and effort for a tight fit

mcjCollider took care of the 1088 collision detections required to "shrink-wrap" the tube onto Aiko's body

the second image shows in red the limits set before generating the shrinked tube

ammo.jpg
    850 x 478 - 71K
    wrappinit.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 181K
    edited December 2012

this picture shows a tight dress generated by a script using mcjCollider's services

no manual re-modeling added

I added something called Convex Hulls.

The Graham Scan algotithm.

It could be used as a dynamic dress in Poser

image0060.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 155K
    tightdress.gif
    400 x 400 - 718K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The 32bit version doesn't seem to be working for me. I am assuming it would behave the same as the 3.1 version.

edited December 2012

BWSman said:
    The 32bit version doesn't seem to be working for me. I am assuming it would behave the same as the 3.1 version.

i'll install DS4.5 32bit on my 64bit windows7 and test the 32bit plugin

the simplest test is to create a primitive-plane

move it up, say 200 cm

select it

in Daz Studio's "create" menu, create an mcjCollider

the mcjCollider is at floor level, pointing up at the plane

select the mcjCollider in the scene tab

go in the parameters tab and click on '+' on the parameter named 'Ray Length'

( this is one o f the 2 ways to activate the collider )

the collider should now jump to the plane's surface

--

the other way to activate the mcjCollider is to run this script
    activate_mcjCollider.dsa

Scene.findNode("mcjCollider").activated();

note that it's not really "activating" something, it's more like shooting

the mcjCollider plugin goes through all the polygons that were selected when you created the mcjCollider,

in this case the plane,

and looks for one that intersects the mcjCollider's ray ( white line ),

if one hit is found, the mcjCollider node moves to the closest intersection point

edited December 2012

OK, it is working. I guess a script I was using in conjunction with it needs to be updated to DS4.5. (Unfortunately; it's encrypted, so I can't look at it to see what is needed to update it.)

Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

done, i tested the 32bit plugin on DS4.5-32bit and it worked

note that the DS3 plugin ( found elsewhere) wont work on DS4.5

the 32-bit plugin for DS4.5 is named mcjColliderDS45.dll and found at the bottom of the manual/download page

it should be placed in the plugin folder of your DS4.5 folder

typically that's C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    OK, it is working. I guess a script I was using in conjunction with it needs to be updated to DS4.5. (Unfortunately; it's encrypted, so I can't look at it to see what is needed to update it.)

that's sad, i took great care trying to make it compatible with old scripts

maybe it's not mcjCollider that prevents the script from working

DS4.5 is substantially different from DS3. most scripts that try to access the geometry ( the Quads/Tris/Polys ) of the figures need to be re-written

edited December 1969

Casual said:
    BWSman said:

that's sad, i took great care trying to make it compatible with old scripts

maybe it's not mcjCollider that prevents the script from working

DS4.5 is substantially different from DS3. most scripts that try to access the geometry ( the Quads/Tris/Polys ) of the figures need to be re-written

Ah, OK. The script I was using was SITC-collisions written by DraagonStorm. I'll PM her & see if it can be updated as it's useful when mass placing props onto a landscape.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:

. . . . . .
    Ah, OK. The script I was using was SITC-collisions written by DraagonStorm. I'll PM her & see if it can be updated as it's useful when mass placing props onto a landscape.

if you're trying to plant trees on a terrain, make sure you select that terrain before you create the mcjCollider
    unless the sitc-collider script is in charge of this.

now that i think of it, if mcjCollider for DS3 is in the same folder as mcjCollider for DS4.5 ( for example if it was bundled with SITC) then it's possible that DS4.5 will get confused. so you should remove mcjCollider.dll from your DS4.5 plugin folder and make sure mcjColliderDS45.dll is present.

the Ds4.5 plugin folder is typically C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

edited December 2012

another example of a script using mcjCollider's services to "project" clothes onto a fiigure

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWm0vHfBnE

image0063.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 154K
    edited December 1969

Casual said:
    BWSman said:

. . . . . .

if you're trying to plant trees on a terrain, make sure you select that terrain before you create the mcjCollider
    unless the sitc-collider script is in charge of this.

now that i think of it, if mcjCollider for DS3 is in the same folder as mcjCollider for DS4.5 ( for example if it was bundled with SITC) then it's possible that DS4.5 will get confused. so you should remove mcjCollider.dll from your DS4.5 plugin folder and make sure mcjColliderDS45.dll is present.

the Ds4.5 plugin folder is typically C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

The script just calls mcjCollider to plot the collision points for where the plants/props meet with the ground plane. I did select the ground plane; created the mcjCollider; adjusted the raylength; selected the props & ran SITC-collisions. That script would drop the props to the ground where the collider indicated. However that didn't work. Since setting up the collider works; I'm guessing the SITC-collisions script needs updating.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Hey Casual, thanks for creating all the wonderfull scripts and plugins and making them available. They're an everlasting source of inspiration and learning.
    I'm playing with scripted instancing atm, looks like the mcjCollider will allow me to do some pretty neat stuff with that :)

edited February 2019

BIG NEWS ! MAC Version 64-Bit Released February 9th 2019 

this afternoon i'll release another ( there are others ex: mcjSoftPush ) scripts that use mcjCollider's superpowers

the name will be mcjWrapABand

wrapittbasic.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 731K
    wrapitt3.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 416K
    wrapitt.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 295K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2019

dont miss the mcjWtapABand script which uses mcjCollider's superpowers to create neckbands, geadbands, tubetops, armbands, wristbands, tight skirts and on and on !!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/308546/mcjwrapaband-script-plugin-for-macs-and-pcs-neck-bands-tight-skirts-tube-tops

wabwab.jpg
    1280 x 1000 - 487K
    Post edited by Chohole on

now that the collider plugin is available for PC and Mac, today or tomorrow i'll post on my site 

a script to fit any hair inside a hat

Image may contain: 1 person

edited February 2019

second script to use the now-MAC-compatible plugin 

mcjHatsAreTheFashionOfTheDay tonight or tomorrow
    version 1 may or may not work only for T-Posed figures
    though once the hair morph is created you can (re)pose the figure as you want
    Link Will be Here :

hottie12.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 487K
    edited February 2019
    smallhottie4.jpg
    512 x 800 - 73K
    edited February 2019

New Genesis 3/8 compatible versions of mcjCollider are now online - PC 32bit PC 64bit and MAC 64bit