Problem with downloading Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6

slouma01slouma01 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

hi, everyone! I would like to talk about a problem I encountered when downloading DAZ 3D! Indeed, when trying to download the software using the email that I received all the elements have to be downloaded except Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6! I'd like to know if I'm the only one having this problem! and if anyone owns this file that I'd really like to send me by mail!
thank you! :)

Comments

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 2012

What happens when you try to download it?

As far as emailing the file to you, only Daz could do that. Not another user. Licensing issues I'm afraid.

Post edited by jmper on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

If you "Purchased" Daz Studio through the store you will then get an automated email or ebot, confirming your purchase. THe files will them be in your Account dashboard, under "My Downloadable Products"

Nothing is sent to you by email except the confirmation of purchase which may have download links in it.

So make sure that you are logged into to your account, by clicking on "My Account" from the top line of this page, right hand side, this will take you to your account dashboard. On the left hand side is a menu, and there you will find your available downloads.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • slouma01slouma01 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

yes im talking about this mail with the downlad links! i'm logged to my account i download everything but whenever I download Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6, the download stops as if it were Completed, and when I run the file I receive an alert saying that the downloaded file is corrupted

(EDIT) and when i retry this action they told me that the link has expired

Post edited by slouma01 on
    edited December 1969

slouma01 said:
    yes im talking about this mail with the downlad links! i'm logged to my account i download everything but whenever I download Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6, the download stops as if it were Completed, and when I run the file I receive an alert saying that the downloaded file is corrupted

Yeah, it happens. Clear your internet cache. It depends on what browser you are using.
    That *may fix your problem. If it still persists, reboot your computer and try to download the file again.

edited December 1969

slouma01 said:
    (EDIT) and when i retry this action they told me that the link has expired

That sucks.
    Can you reset the download?

edited December 1969

And....if you have a different internet browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer...) try that. It may also get you the file all fit and proper.

edited December 1969

I'll try to clear the cache and using a download another browser! I will use mozilla instead of chrome!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

And there you have it. I was having the identical problem with it. On firefox.
    Wait a couple of days and try again, but note the the studio beta is up to 1.9 on the starter essentials and I had no problem downloading that; the studio 4.5 beta took 5 trys though lol

I've come to the conclusion my download issues have everything to do with time of day, Mornings, and prevenings; ;) lol, are the worst. but through the day and late night it's fine. Maybe crowded the lines on my end; here in town, because the area only has one good option for internet so I imagine a lot of people are on it.

Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

what is the size of this file plz?

edited December 1969

slouma01 said:
    what is the size of this file plz?

Unfortunately I don't have Genesis but someone who is helpful may come in and say.
    *hint, hint*

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

429meg

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    429meg

daaaaaamn!! I reached 372meg before the download stops

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I think you may be trying to download an older file. The current file I have is 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.9_trx.exe (429 MB), so you might wanna refresh your download.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    I think you may be trying to download an older file. The current file I have is 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.9_trx.exe (429 MB), so you might wanna refresh your download.

The previous 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe was 450 MB... so OP was definitely suffering from downloadicus interruptica X(.
  • ki.rynki.ryn Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

My download failed 4 times and now the file is marked as expired so it won't let me try anymore. Is there a solution other than creating a fake account and "buying" the product again to get 4 more tries?

You'd think with a 450 MB file and crappy servers, they'd give you more attempts that that (especially if they are all within the 24 hours of getting the product)!

• edited December 1969

ki.ryn said:

My download failed 4 times and now the file is marked as expired so it won't let me try anymore. Is there a solution other than creating a fake account and "buying" the product again to get 4 more tries?

You'd think with a 450 MB file and crappy servers, they'd give you more attempts that that (especially if they are all within the 24 hours of getting the product)!

Yes, you can reset your downloads so you have more "downloads remaining." Log onto DAZ, then go to "My Account." From there, go to "Itemized Order History" and find the item you wish to reset the downloads for. Click the reset link and you should be good to go.

• ki.rynki.ryn Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Awesome. Thank you for letting me know about that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you can try with a different browser, see if that gets you the whole file.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

1.6 is the current version, the beta version is at 1.11 (Version 11 ) now. Don't install 1.11 unless you plan to use the beta version.

Also when downloading only download one file at a time, don't surf the net, read posts, or do anything else that could slow down your download speed as that can cause the download to stop.

You can also try downloading the file at a different time of the day. I've noticed that depending on the time I'm downloading can influence if I'm going to have downloads get messed up or not.

• guilherme.resselguilherme.ressel Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

Edited: I've managed to download it, all I had to do was to update my network adapter drive.

Post edited by guilherme.ressel on