Python Scripts for Poser Pro 2012

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a list somewhere of python scripts that work in 2012? I was disappointed when many of my scripts i used in Poser 8 and 2010 didn't work in Poser 9, Now I have Poser Pro 2012 and even scripts that worked in 9 won't work in 2012.

Really looking for a texture filter script that works in 2012, but any scripts that work in 2012 would be great

Comments

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

I know that most (almost all) Poser scripts at RDNA have been updated for 9/Pro 2012. I think there's a full list of those updated scripts somewhere in the RDNA forums. That's all that I know of since those are the only python scripts I regularly use. I hadn't noticed any scripts that didn't work in both 9 and Pro 2012 since they use the same python which is different from 8 and older. (The more I read that last sentence, the less sense it seems to make. lol)

Oh, I remember that the DAZ products Crying Time and Hybrid Grunge Bundle have been updated for the latest Poser as I have both and they use python to apply the shaders.

What do you mean by "texture filter script"? What is such a script supposed to do? I might be able to help if I know what you mean. :-)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

from what i understand from what i have read is that some Poser 9 scripts don't work in 2012 due to Poser 9 being a 32 bit program and Poser Pro 2012 is 64 bit. I don't know for sure, but that is what I have gathered. I know I have scripts that work fine in 9 but I get error messages when I try to use them in 2012.

Texture Filtering scripts automatically change the texture settings from quality to crisp in the Poser material, settings. Its a real time consuming pain to change the settings one by one for all the materials in a scene

edited December 1969

Ah, I used to use such a texture filtering script until I realized that if I just increased my render quality in Render Settings (lower minimum shading rate) then "quality" actually did look far better than "crisp" or "off". I guess it's just a preference though.

I think such a function is included in the Advanced Material Manager or one of Semidieu's other many scripts but I'm not entirely sure. I'm currently rendering a large render right now (IDL, SSS, the works) or I'd check for you. You might message Semidieu at RDNA and ask. He's certainly made a script for everything else!

edited December 2012

everything? has he made a script that will turn my computer into a magic ATM that spits out free money?

speaking of magic and python scripts, I once got the koolest error message when trying to run a script, it just said "ERROR: BAD MAGIC"
    gave me a bit of a laugh

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
    edited December 1969

I think that's on his to do list. If it is, I plan on asking to be a beta tester. LOL ;)

edited December 1969

i lowered the minimum shader rate to 0 and increased the render quality 100% full, the textures still seem just a tad muddy to me, better, but not perfect

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

everything? has he made a script that will turn my computer into a magic ATM that spits out free money?

speaking of magic and python scripts, I once got the koolest error message when trying to run a script, it just said "ERROR: BAD MAGIC"
    gave me a bit of a laugh

How many times has Mrs. McGonagall told you to flick your wrist when you hit the "Render" button?

• RlowensRlowens Posts: 35
    edited December 2012

snarlygribbly's Scene Fixer does the texture filtering thing along with a few other nice helpfuls in on small script. And it's free. You can find links to his site on Renderosity or RDNA. If you don't mind paying, Netherworks Scene toy (@ RDNA) is a really nice one to have, and it also has texture filtering as a free addon.

Post edited by Rlowens on