Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else having issues with attachments showing up? I thought it was a log-in issue, but I'm logged in and they dont show up. They showed up this morning after I logged in the first time, but have not showed up since. Only thing I know that changed was that Adobe Flash player was updated.

David

I'm having the same problem with my work computer. At home there isn't a problem. Just so you know you're not the only one with problems...I get big grey boxes. But when I click on them it opens up a new window and the image.

If you find the fix..let me know.

-Paul

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Not sure about David, but I know your issues have to be with the chair/keyboard interface! =P

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Tried a different browser and it has the same issue. When I look at the new releases page, all I get are the boxes with the name of the products. No images. No space for the images either. Clicked on one of the product titles and I get the product page without the images. Just doesnt make sense. And there's nothing wrong with the "chair/keyboard interface", smart guy!

David

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Character idea - a race that's biochemistry is somewhat caustic and acidic. Their natural body oils, sweat, saliva, etc can cause anything from mild irritation to burns in other races and damage some materials over time. They wear uniforms made from reinforced cloth and gloves to protect others.

TimG: This is what I had in mind for a face mask. Needs some cleaning up but you get the basic idea...

David

V4_face_mask_01.jpg
    1350 x 1890 - 582K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

nice work!

first thing that popped into my head was "Daddy loves blue velvet!"

edited December 1969

Ok.... Dont quite get the reference but oh well. Should I proceed to clean it up?

David

edited December 1969

Ok.... Dont quite get the reference but oh well. Should I proceed to clean it up?

David

there's a scene in the David Lynch movie "Blue Velvet" I won't get into it here.

It's a great mask, I'm sure there'd be lots of uses for it.

edited December 1969

Yeah I did a search on the phrase and a page of quotes came up, but for some reason that one wasnt listed. Go figure. If you can use it, I'll clean it up. Otherwise I'll just move onto another project.

David

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Yeah I did a search on the phrase and a page of quotes came up, but for some reason that one wasnt listed. Go figure. If you can use it, I'll clean it up. Otherwise I'll just move onto another project.

David

it is cool , I think everyone could use a nice mask like that :)

edited December 1969

Travelpod

travelpod-sml.jpg
    1450 x 835 - 224K
    edited December 1969

Type 24 shuttle

shuttlecraft-yang-sml.jpg
    1350 x 760 - 246K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Testing out an outfit, everything is as it should be...yes the pin is correct for the Admiral's uniform.

3/4th the way done on the MU Graphic novel.

The outfit is part of the Space Defender series at RuntimeDNA.

click for a bigger image.

I like her!!! :D

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Argh — how do I get these docs.google.com links to work? I keep getting asked for a password. <headdesk>

I just clicked on the word "file" under the Name of the item and near the bottom of the list of options is the word "download".
    What word "file" and which list of options? You're skipping a step — I click on the link on the DA page, get the "did you really want to leave?" page, then the Google "papieren, bitte" page. I didn't get past that until I figured out which password Google wanted. And the Google Ambassador-class link seems to be 404-compliant.

I'm sorry to anyone using Google Drive to host files, but that is the least intuitive hide-the-important-controls interface I've seen in many years of using badly-designed hosting sites. I thought at first I was supposed to download each of the files in each zip individually. Got them all now, though, I think.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Character idea - a race that's biochemistry is somewhat caustic and acidic. Their natural body oils, sweat, saliva, etc can cause anything from mild irritation to burns in other races and damage some materials over time. They wear uniforms made from reinforced cloth and gloves to protect others.

Just to pick nits on the terminology: "caustic" refers to the action of alkaline substances. "Acidic" is the exact opposite.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Bummer. Was hoping for a nice birthday present today...

David

A belated happy birthdy, sir!

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

David

Hah! Yesterday was my birthday, too! Happy BIrthday!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

David

Hah! Yesterday was my birthday, too! Happy BIrthday!

A belated Happy Birthday to both of you

edited December 1969

I added Vanishing Point's Starship Bridge 3 to my collection: http://vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?productID=1447

I did some slight retexturing and it now the bridge for the USS Apollo, an Armstrong Class exploring vessel in the post TNG era.

The Armstrong Class is about the same size and shape as the Constitution Class.

Bridge1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 304K
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.
    My favourite ship in the Star Trek universe.
    Thanks to Mattymanx for the poser conversions.

12-11-30_defiant.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 406K
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Just messing about.

I like it, looks good.

Where'd your background come from?

and of course, your welcome!

edited November 2012

Comming soon to Trekmeshes...

This is set up so you can hide the number 5 and use my font pack to change the number. The Starfleet logo can be hidden too if you want to change it. The two pilots can be hidden if you want to put in DAZ people for close ups. All can be done via the surfaces.

EDIT:
    The Daedalus Class Retrofit is now available @ DeviantART

Clydesdale-02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 373K
    Clydesdale-01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 311K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

Sweet

does it have landing struts?

edited December 1969

Science Officer Lt Commander L'Kahs Sendani is a Betazoid/Klingon hybrid. His mother, a Klingon musician, met his father, a Betazoid musician, at a symposium on Vulcan and fell in love, eventually marrying and living on Betazed.

Though L'Kahs is musically gifted, his passions are the sciences. He holds degrees in Exobiology, Botany and Astrophysics. He is gregarious, bold and outspoken - qualities many people associate with both Betzoids and Klingons, though he prefers non-violent resolutions to issues.

His Betazoid heritage gives him a protective empathic ability that he keeps contained through years of training and meditation. When in direct skin to skin contact with another person, he has full telepathic ability of moderate strength.

LKahs.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 649K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Okay ... for the link list and/or for whoever is keeping track of links.

The Georgi type visor has found a home over at trekmeshes!
    http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

Remember, one can hide enough "rods" using the opacity channels to make the visor look more like Georgi's if they want to.

"Happy Trekking"

FF users, right click and 'save link as' to get the poser download or you'll get a bunch of chicken scratch ;-)

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Another for the freebie list:

Golem 'torc' : http://www.ShareCG.com/v/66041/view/11/Poser/Project-Golem---Torc

This is the neck circlet I made for my Project Golem figures; it's UV-mapped and includes a template for creating your own ID numbers. The model has not been tested in DAZ|Studio.

I've also created a variation on Ash-Li for the Mirror Universe, inspired by PDSmith. She's a bit less ... bland ... than the regular model, but still obviously an artificial being. Golem in the Mirror: http://fav.me/d5mngk9

GolemTorc001.jpg
    400 x 400 - 66K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I huge thank you to Matty for the ship, Patience55 for the visor and PTROPE for the collar I appreciate your creating and sharing with the group!

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    aldemps said:
    Just messing about.

I like it, looks good.

Where'd your background come from?

and of course, your welcome!

Thanks.
    The background is the Space Sphere by Coflek-Gnorg - available to buy from the Renderosity market place.
    The worm hole is a freebie from Grimnir.
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/56734/view/11/Poser/Black-Hole

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Sweet

does it have landing struts?

Just a prop, no landing struts or pads. To my knowledge, its a space dock shuttle of some sort.

And Now available ...

Avenger_Class-01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 481K
This discussion has been closed.