RESOLVED: So .. Confused

ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
edited February 2018 in The Commons

I will admit that I've been away for a good long while so I don't know when all these changes were made but it's like coming home after being gone for years but someone moved the whole town, shoved it into a bag and shook it up before dumping it back out. I can't find things easily. My account isn't telling me things I used to be able to find. I'm so disheartened.

When in my previous itemized order history, I could easily find something since things were listed so that a quick 'find' on the web page would help me locate something. Now I'm limited to 50 items at a time .... period? I've got thousands of things in my orders and I've spent more than six hours trying to figure out how to find things so I can reload things and get back up and running after my hiatus. This makes me want to shed tears of blood and run away.

Am i missing something? I really hope I am and it's all user error.

I don't always have the name of what I'm looking for so I don't know how to get close to it in the forced alphabetized list. It seems very tedious. Please someone, tell me I've looked over something obvious that will help me target specific items instead of scrolling scrolling scrolling page after page after page.

Help?

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited November 2012

Sadly, you haven´t overlooked anything. Since the site software change in May, this is how Itemized (dis)order history looks like.

But luckily you can use the free History Manager by Taozen, which should help you with this. It is also useful for checking whether you already bought an item, which you now must do before every purchase, because DAZ store will not tell you if you bought anything before and lets you add it into your cart, even if you have it already.

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

New Site, New Software, Work for all the old features underway. Some prefer to point out what has not been fixed yet instead of all the things that have been fixed so far. I'm a glass half full person not a glass half empty person. We started with 600x600 image limits, that is now 2000x2000 and in more formats than before. We started with No Avatars, we now have Avatars. The Store was broken more than working and it is pretty darn good now IMHO. And all the other things are being worked on.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Sadly, you haven´t overlooked anything. Since the site software change in May, this is how Itemized (dis)order history looks like.

But luckily you can use the free History Manager by Taozen, which should help you with this. It is also useful for checking whether you already bought an item, which you now must do before every purchase, because DAZ store will not tell you if you bought anything before and lets you add it into your cart, even if you have it already.

<3 <3 I can't believe I hadn't heard of that before! Thanks for the link!</p>

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

No, it's not 'user error'...

That's the way things are, now...sort of a bit premature as the reason for doing things that way is a new download manager that would handle all of those kinds of things, including tracking updates. So the web interface is bare minimal, basic functions...but the manager is 'vaporware' at this point.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    edited December 1969

I've seen my share of changes since I started with DAZ in 2004 and unfortunately many of the 'new things' over the years did not seem to be very cool until they got fixed at later times.

This manager is amazing and was exactly what I needed. I was able to locate and reset items that I had not been able to locate before. Thank you so much.

I'm sure that eventually the UI will be more user friendly but since I come from a background of Website Usability Analysis, it's so frustrating to see implementations done like this. Argh! LOL!

Thanks again for the assistance.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Welcome back Illusioner.
    Yeah, there have been a lot of changes around here.
    The site IS actually working better than it WAS.
    Best of luck!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    edited December 1969

<3 <3 I can't believe I hadn't heard of that before! Thanks for the link!</div>

Note that "Check cart for duplicates" and "Find duplicates in history" do not check for bundled items (hope to have this included soon though).