Disgusted!

hkclhkcl Posts: 0

Are all the technical support on vacation?! I submitted a ticket THREE DAYS AGO because the DAZ Horse 2 starter package will not work and your 1-800 number isn't even available! I am appalled and irate to put it nicely!

Order # 100390622
I can't get Horse 2 to load, it says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Horse 2\DAZ Horse 2.py", line 1, in
import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

This is the last time I purchase anything from this website.

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2012

I'll start by saying I'm guessing here as I don't use Poser Pro (and therefore don't use Genesis) I only use Poser8.
    The Horse you purchased is based on Gensis and the file that your Poser can't find looks like the Genesis DSON Import plug-in... Which you will need for Poser to use Genesis based content.
    Are there two versions of the horse in your Runtime? a regular Poser native one and a Genesis version.
    The product page for the Horse does say it is Genesis and yet Poser Native, so I'm guessing you may get two versions when you buy.
    Also worth having a look at your downloads page to see if there were options to download two different versions for which programme you needed it for.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • hkclhkcl Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll start by saying I'm guessing here as I don't use Poser Pro (and therefore don't use Genesis) I only use Poser8.
    The Horse you purchased is based on Gensis and the file that your Poser can't find looks like the Genesis DSON Import plug-in... Which you will need for Poser to use Genesis based content.
    Are there two versions of the horse in your Runtime? a regular Poser native one and a Genesis version.
    The product page for the Horse does say it is Genesis and yet Poser Native, so I'm guessing you may get two versions when you buy.
    Also worth having a look at your downloads page to see if there were options to download two different versions for which programme you needed it for.

Hope this helps.

There's Poser companion and Daz version and I got the Dson importer when it was free. I installed everything yet still having this issue.

What angers me more than anything is that I have not received assistance from a staff member and have had to come to this board regarding this matter.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2012

Well sorry i can't help you with the horse.

I think that Daz say they'll try to address support tickets within 5 days, It's not like they have a big call center with lots of support staff.

If you post your question down in the Poser forum there are several people down there who could help you more as I guess it's a Poser problem and not so much a Daz one. :)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • hkclhkcl Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well sorry i can't help you with the horse.

I think that Daz say they'll try to address support tickets within 5 days, It's not like they have a big call center with lots of support staff.

If you post your question down in the Poser forum there are several people down there who could help you more. :)

I wish the 1-800 numbers were working, but I appreciate the user replies.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Some people are using the Horse in Poser, so it does work.

I suggest you let me move this thread to the Poser Forum, where you are more likely to get some informed poser feedback and assistance.

Would you like me to move it over there?

BTW it does help us to help you if we know a few extra things, like are you using a PC or a Mac and which OS you are using.

Also have you installed SR3.1 for Poser 2012

Frequently you will find that you will get enough helpful assistance from people in the forums that you will not even need to contact support.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And another quick post to say that you will get more help if you edit your thread title to reflect the problem you are having instead of the one you have.

• jean_paul_baconjean_paul_bacon Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

hkcl said:
    Are all the technical support on vacation?! I submitted a ticket THREE DAYS AGO because the DAZ Horse 2 starter package will not work and your 1-800 number isn't even available! I am appalled and irate to put it nicely!

Order # 100390622

File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Horse 2\DAZ Horse 2.py", line 1, in e>

I understand that you may so angry with purchasing something doesn't work as well as you hope. I'm here since 2004 and can tell you lot of peoples had the same reaction and I was one of them ... I don't know why i'm still here, maybe it's because i like the interface of daz studio either than my Poser Pro 2012 ... Anyway , in my case it's a hobby, so i hope this product will work better so far. I did not bought Horse 2 now, because i'm waiting that someone will put animated routine like " Go Figure ! " for Animate 2. If they, i will if not i wont !

They are supposed to have a 10 day return policy ... So ask for a refund or credit ! ( it means probably a credit ... )

Live long and Prosper my friend !

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

JayPeeBee said:
    hkcl said:

Order # 100390622

File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Horse 2\DAZ Horse 2.py", line 1, in e>

I understand that you may so angry with purchasing something doesn't work as well as you hope. I'm here since 2004 and can tell you lot of peoples had the same reaction and I was one of them ... I don't know why i'm still here, maybe it's because i like the interface of daz studio either than my Poser Pro 2012 ... Anyway , in my case it's a hobby, so i hope this product will work better so far. I did not bought Horse 2 now, because i'm waiting that someone will put animated routine like " Go Figure ! " for Animate 2. If they, i will if not i wont !

They are supposed to have a 10 day return policy ... So ask for a refund or credit ! ( it means probably a credit ... )

Live long and Prosper my friend !

It's 30 days and if you ask for refund rather than credit they will oblige.