Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!

14567810»

Comments

• drucdruc Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Just curious, how do the entries get into the gallery?

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

The gallery is now completely updated. :)

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/

druc said:

Do you mean the procedure to put the image on the gallery, or who is in charge of setting the entries?

Renders are to be put on the gallery once the Contest Host (whoever that may be any given month) approves an entry.

If you were concerned about your render, it's up. :)

Alexa :)

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

last few hours for November, good luck everyone. I will be posting the new thread for the December contest in a few hours.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited November 2012

druc said:

To clarify Alexa's answer:

Normally the Month's Host(ess) is responsible for uploading the entries to the gallery once the entries are verified to meet the criteria. Sometimes, though, the host(ess) asks that one of the Gallery Staff handle the task. In that case, the host(ess) will still verify the entry, but someone other than s/he will upload the information.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the replies. My question has been answered.

Good luck to all who entered and now I am awaiting December's challenge. I have enjoyed this.

edited December 1969

just opened the December contest in the freepository

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Good luck to all who entered! :-)

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Good luck everybody! This is going to be a tough one. The judges have their hands full for this month.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2012

druc said:

To clarify Alexa's answer:

Normally the Month's Host(ess) is responsible for uploading the entries to the gallery once the entries are verified to meet the criteria. Sometimes, though, the host(ess) asks that one of the Gallery Staff handle the task. In that case, the host(ess) will still verify the entry, but someone other than s/he will upload the information.

Kendall
    Which was the case for November, since I was busier than usual over the month. My thanks to Kendall and Alexa for stepping up to the plate and helping me out here.

The November Challenge is now closed; thank you for participating. Judges, if you haven't already sent me your choices, please do so.
    Edit: I've received Dollygirl's picks...

And cho, we can recycle an older gift, certainly.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • edited December 1969

*Grumble* What is with this forum and un-subscribing me from the threads?

Picks sent. Man, you lot don't make it easy.

edited December 1969

Pics received and added to the list...

(There were only nine entries - how can we be so different in our choices for top five? No pressure, music, but if you don't break the current tie, I'll have to...)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Pics received and added to the list...

(There were only nine entries - how can we be so different in our choices for top five? No pressure, music, but if you don't break the current tie, I'll have to...)

it's always that way rob, people are all over the map with what they like in art. usually there are one maybe two that everyone come close to agreeing on, but not always, that's why it's up to the host to make the final decision.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Ok Rob it must be one tough decision. So I am asuming that you are thinking, thinking, thinking or is it working, working, working. I hope things are going good for you either way.

edited December 1969

Music turned that two-way tie into a three-way tie... which I broke by looking at how many times one of the judges picked a render for first place.

Congratulations to everyone who took part - at least one judge liked each of the entries.

But you want to know the winners...

Honourable Mentions go to "Guadalajara" by vivayo and "Reenactment Preparations" by ZamuelNow.

Third Place goes to "Deus ex memoriam" by Alexa Sears.

Second Place goes to "The Suffragist" by Dollygirl.

And First Place goes to "Highway of Heroes" by BWSman.

I'll be in touch about your prizes.

edited December 1969

CONGRATS to BWSman for the win, Dollygirl, Alexa for 2nd and 3rd and the 2 HM's vivayo and ZamuelNow
    well done.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all of the winners. Looking forward to this upcoming month.

• edited December 1969

Congrats all. As always, a bunch of great renders. :)

edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners. You made so great renders, and I had fun.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners. Everyone produced some wonderful stuff this month and the quality never flagged. Whew! I'm glad that's over with. The suspense was killin' me...

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOW!! Thanks for voting for my entry. Congratulations to ZamuelNow & vivayo for the HM and to Dollygirl & Alexa for the other top prizes.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Oh my, thank you judges. Congratulations to BWSman, Alexa, Zamuelnow and vivayo on their wins. Thank you oh so much Jaderial for the gift certificate. You just helped me pay for AA's Look at my Hair when it comes out. Yea! Thank you music for the store. Looking forward to setting up a whittling scene. Thank you Rob. On to next month's contest.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All Winners of Jaderails GC's should check there PM's. I sent codes in PM's, I prefer it that way. I'm not a fan off needing peoples emails, some of us might not want to do that.

Congratulations to all. It was a nice contest. See everyone next month. Hehe well this month.