Morphs don't show up in DAZ Studio 4

Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I tried Search but to no avail so here goes. I installed some morphs from ShareCG for Genesis. They are in the correct place so don't ask . They even show up in the correct place. But they do not show up anywhere in Daz Studio. They do not show up in Parameters on the right or shaping on the left. Nor do they show up when I scan. One is a genesis butt fix by Jabba and one is probably a genesis character morph. I put them into my Library.....by hand and have double checked them. Other genesis morphs show up fine be they body morphs or character morphs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

are you trying to see them on a figure you've saved as a Scene file or as a new Genesis figure?

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I am trying to access them to use on a Genisis figure to modify the figure or create a new character depending on the morph. But they do not appear. For example. If I put in a new piece of clothing, it will show up in DAZ Studio either under product if it ahs metadata or it will show up in unassigned when I scan for new items. These do not show up.

edited December 1969

give me a link to the morph you're speaking of and I'll check it on mine.

edited December 1969

I thought I replied, then somehow lost them. Here are two of the links. http://www.sharecg.com/v/60772/View/11/Poser/Genesis-Hand-and-Foot-Fix-Pose

http://www.sharecg.com/v/59837/View/21/DAZ-Studio/Junk-In-The-Trunk-for-Genesis-(updated)

The others I can't seem to find on Sharecg where I got them. Their search isn't the most detailed.

Thanks, I appreciate this.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

A number of those morphs were made for DS4.0, which was much more lax in how it adhered to the DAZ file standards. DS4.5 is much more strict and as such, some things that 'slid by' in 4.0 no longer work.

Soooo....

There are two possibilities that commonly happen.

1. The morphs are actually present and working, but only show up under the Parameters pane, as oppose to Shaping. I believe that is the case for "Junk in the Trunk".

2. The morphs show up and work, once. This would be Oom-foyoot's teeth morphs, for example. This is caused by the new stricter adherence to the actual file standards. In a case like that, you need to remove them, while DS is not running, then start DS without them. Then shut down and reinstall them. Restart DS and find them under the Parameters pane...check to make sure they work. And then save them out, as a Morph Asset (or Character or whatever they are to begin with). This will rewrite the files into the correct, standards compliant format.

edited December 1969

Bubble Butt shows up under the shaping tab in Hip/Universal/Real World It needs to be located under My Library/data/DAZ 3D/genesis/base/morphs/jabba/

You'll find the hand and feet script in your content library under Scripts if you placed it under scripts. Both work fine for me.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Are you using the My Library folder as one of your content directories? Did you merge the My Library folder from the Jabba zip with you own, not place it in your My Library (or whatever other folder you use)?

edited December 1969

It just occured to me he said DAZ Studio 4, and not 4.5...

Are you using the latest release? that might the problem as well... if Jabba saved the new one out of DS4.5, I don't think it'll show in 4.0

edited December 1969

Hi Wancow - I found the Jabba one. I guess it will just take me time to locate them when they end up among others. However, I placed placed the Fix Hands and Feet.png and the other Fix Hands and Feet .pz2 under My Library /Scripts. It doesn't show up anywhere in Studio 4. I will try after dinner in sStudio 4.5 on my other machine. But I don't know if I placed it correctly. The other scripts had directions. Should I have placed this under Runtime/python? I am not really sure where scripts go if there aren't directions. I really apprecuiate your pointing me to the Jabba. I need to learn where scripts go. When they say Python I don't have a problem.

Hi Mjc1016 - Junk in the Trunk did show up in Shaping in DAZ 4 after Wancow pointed it out. I can't find it under the parameters pane.

Hi Richard - I did not merge anything, but placed it under the My Library. I now found it sonce Wancow showed me where to look.

I have a few others to install. I am going to wait until I upgrade tonight or tomorrow to 4.5 on my main machine. It is on my other one,

I really appreciate all your answers. Thanks.

edited December 1969

You put any script under My Library/Scripts or subfolder from there.