Super Slow DAZ Studio Pro 4.5

Is anyone else having an issue with DAZ being super slow? I expect it with the renders, but last week I could save a large file in less than 1 minute, open a scene in 30 seconds, move figures and props with little to no lag and just about everything else instantly.

Now its 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to save a file, 30 minutes to open a file and extreme lag with positioning of any figure or prop.

The slowing started about a week ago, just after 3Delight had a fatal error and I had to reinstall DAZ to fix to error. I would not believe it to be my computer at fault for the slowing, DAZ is the only program affected.

My computer:
Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
Graphic: Nvidia GTX 560M

My only thought on it is my runtime folder being to heavy of a burden for DAZ to handle easily, its at 22 gb exatly.

Anyone have any thoughts on the slowing issue or how to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

First what Version of DAZ Stutio, exacly 4.5??????

Secondly I have over 25 runtimes (content folders), over 65GB of content on a 32 bit Dual core, 3GB RAM and 4.5.1.6 is quite responsive compared to older versions. The only time I have to wait longer is new scene saving, after that the saving is quite quick.

• edited December 1969

Szark said:
    First what Version of DAZ Stutio, exacly 4.5??????

Secondly I have over 25 runtimes (content folders), over 65GB of content on a 32 bit Dual core, 3GB RAM and 4.5.1.6 is quite responsive compared to older versions. The only time I have to wait longer is new scene saving, after that the saving is quite quick.

It is DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.1.6 for window 64 bit

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I'm running the same version, and I can't put my finger on it, bu it feels a bit slower than the last version of 4.0 that I had... maybe it's just me...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else having an issue with DAZ being super slow? I expect it with the renders, but last week I could save a large file in less than 1 minute, open a scene in 30 seconds, move figures and props with little to no lag and just about everything else instantly.

Now its 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to save a file, 30 minutes to open a file and extreme lag with positioning of any figure or prop.

The slowing started about a week ago, just after 3Delight had a fatal error and I had to reinstall DAZ to fix to error. I would not believe it to be my computer at fault for the slowing, DAZ is the only program affected.

My computer:
    Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.00 GHz
    RAM: 12 GB
    Graphic: Nvidia GTX 560M

My only thought on it is my runtime folder being to heavy of a burden for DAZ to handle easily, its at 22 gb exatly.

Anyone have any thoughts on the slowing issue or how to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Sorry to say this...but it sounds more like a hard drive problem than a Studio one...

My recommendation: Back up/move your content. (not just DAZ stuff...but all your important documents and stuff). Then use the drive manufacturer's utility to analyze the drive...if that reports no problems, then use the Windows disk check utility to scan and repair.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Don't think it's necessarily a HD problem. I see the slowdowns on a SATA 2 RAID 0 fully optimized.
    Before you save check to see if you have any orphaned elements in your scene.
    If so remove them. you might see scene data or a list of things ending in (0), (1) that are not attached to any figure or object.

Screen_shot_2012-11-30_at_4.02_.54_PM_.png
    382 x 324 - 31K