A New Hope

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think it's about time I did a render!

My own models aren't ready yet, still, because I haven't worked on them enough. Hey, I'm honest, right?

There's a lot to learn about modelling and I was a little disappointed that I kept using all this fancypants software and still ended up going back to Hexagon. Not because I don't like Hexagon, on the contrary, but because I have this fancypants software and it's just sitting and doing nothing! I have learned a fair bit about all of it, and my faves are definitely Max and ZBrush so far. And Hexagon. If Hexagon was a girl, I'd kiss her.

I need to learn a bit about the MentalRay shaders before I render anything in Maya or Max though. Everything I import comes out looking like it's made of shiny glass. Which is very nice if you want it to look like that, but I generally don't!

Going to play.

Okay my friend, your preaching to the choir. Just DO! (listen to me, I've done squat for days) If you have FUN or force the prg to do what you want you have done something. Render if you must, Model if you like, HEX, Maya whatever? It's all good in my book.
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think it's about time I did a render!

My own models aren't ready yet, still, because I haven't worked on them enough. Hey, I'm honest, right?

There's a lot to learn about modelling and I was a little disappointed that I kept using all this fancypants software and still ended up going back to Hexagon. Not because I don't like Hexagon, on the contrary, but because I have this fancypants software and it's just sitting and doing nothing! I have learned a fair bit about all of it, and my faves are definitely Max and ZBrush so far. And Hexagon. If Hexagon was a girl, I'd kiss her.

I need to learn a bit about the MentalRay shaders before I render anything in Maya or Max though. Everything I import comes out looking like it's made of shiny glass. Which is very nice if you want it to look like that, but I generally don't!

Going to play.

Okay my friend, your preaching to the choir. Just DO! (listen to me, I've done squat for days) If you have FUN or force the prg to do what you want you have done something. Render if you must, Model if you like, HEX, Maya whatever? It's all good in my book.
    You know what? You're right.

I set myself up to fail, saying I'd have a render in C4D by the end of November. And Bigh set me up to fail wanting a render in Maya a month after I got that.

Fact is, I don't do as much on the pc as people probably think, so things take longer than I usually expect them to.

If I achieve something today, then the day will be good.

Vacuuming the living room might have to do!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I tried vacuuming the living room yesterday. Didn't get it done because I don't have a sucky vacuum. Spent hours unclogging it,. then was too tired to use it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

the vacuum is the only thing you WANT to totally suck bigtime!!
    I wish I had one that blows too!

edited December 1969

I haven't had a sucker and blower since my Kenmore died 20 years ago.

edited December 1969

Is it only me with a mind dirty enough to be laughing at these comments about vacuum cleaners?

I haven't had a sucker and blower since... I'm actually not finishing that sentence or I'll get clubbed by Pam!

edited December 1969

I hope you understood that Kenmore is a brand, not a person, Barry.

edited December 1969

Is it only me with a mind dirty enough to be laughing at these comments about vacuum cleaners?

I haven't had a sucker and blower since... I'm actually not finishing that sentence or I'll get clubbed by Pam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNV9UdnHds
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

I thought it was a typo. Thought you meant Ken Moore :D
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited November 2012

AtticAnne said:

Although it would be a perfect name for a British butler.

"Kenmore darling, be a dear and commence with the carpet sucking."

"*sigh* It's called vacuuming Ma'am"

Post edited by ghastlycomic on
    edited December 1969

LOL! That was good. I like that one. Hi GC.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited November 2012

Dear lord...the things I could type now but won't...
    I am afraid I'll get a ban XD

May I add that this post sucks XD

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

Barry I tried a Facegen version of Patrick Stewart but it is pretty sucky too!

stewart.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Most of mine suck too.

But nothing sucks like Electrolux!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Most of mine suck too.

But nothing sucks like Electrolux!

LOL, does that brand still excists Oo
    That'll be some good old sucker then!

edited December 1969

Yes, I have found Electrolux to be the best sucker. And the one we had in the 50s was a good blower too.

edited December 1969

Blowing or Sucking, I say if it's not getting the job done get one that will do the job.

Okay with that said, I'm through playing with my Avatar. This is the new one for a bit.

edited December 1969

Yessir, yessir. I'm sure not gonna cross any Drow that looks that mad, bad, and mean.

edited December 1969

Annie I see him too, straight away no refresh, you took a while to see mine, these cache things are weird.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    LOL! That was good. I like that one. Hi GC.

It's even better if you imagine it being said in Kiff's voice from Futurama.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Blowing or Sucking, I say if it's not getting the job done get one that will do the job.

Okay with that said, I'm through playing with my Avatar. This is the new one for a bit.

Oh you grumpy old sod! Get smiling, man!

Nice pic though :D

edited December 1969

Oh you grumpy old sod! Get smiling, man!

Nice pic though :D

LOL! Well my man some day's it's hard to wrap that smile on my face. Today was a good day and you all helped me through the ruff part. I thank you all for that.

The NEW avatar took me all day (it was not one of the easy days) and I like how it came out. Yes, that's right, I rendered in 100x100 all day. This would be crap in a larger size, so don't expect to ever see it done as a full render. Besides, I'm not done with Jaderail, he still needs work before I will be finished working with him.

Opp's.. gotta go. Jade is taking over now...

BlumBlumShub, we Drow are not known for smiling, except when we are standing over a vanquished foe.
    edited December 2012

All this talk of Kenmore actually inspired me to create a character which I have dubbed Kenmore. Perpetually put upon English butler.

I really should start modelling some clothing soon. I've only modelled a basic top/pants/bodysuit to build upon and one Zardoz inspired scifi bikini. I figured I'd save Kenmore the indignity of wearing the bikini and put him in the basic bodysuit instead.

"*sigh* The things I must endure."

Here's the morph if anyone wants it. Hopefully that works. It's my first time sharing a morph. Sooooo many directories. %-P

kenmore.jpg
    1280 x 752 - 487K
    Post edited by ghastlycomic on
    edited December 1969

ghastlycomic, thank you mucho for Kenmore. I have always wanted a butler.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Whne I was younger I wanted a butler as well Rhett Butler. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Heck, Chohole, I'm only 70 and I STILL want Rhett.

edited December 1969

Man, I know I have that MORPH for M4 but I'll be darned if I can find it.

And, "Frankly my Dear, I don't give a Da^^n."

edited December 1969

One of my favourite movies of all time is Gone With The Wind, and people are so surprised when they hear that!

Modern movies have the special effects, but the old ones relied on great story, dialogue and acting.

Having said that, Gone With The Wind made great use of matte background paintings, one of the best early examples in fact.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I Can't remember how many times I have watched the movie, including going through it with someone pausing it at all the dresses, so I could sketch them for reference material lol

edited December 1969

ah, Felix Denk has killed the flashing canary!