DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

LOVE it Wendy!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

BorgBoy7 said:
    Is it just me or was there a toon animal morph that made the horse into a hippo yesterday? I know I saw it, it was there now it's gone.
    Too soon to release the product or limited time sale? What?

It was released too early (read that in another thread). I saw it in the store too last night.

Glad I bought it when I saw it then! ; )

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Llama decimated from over 700 000 polys to under 30 000 for iClone, retargeted in pipeline, animated using robocat walk imotion

You're not hitting my Llama I hope, If you had that combined weight on your back you wouldn't be happy to, Your being a bit tough on me with the poly count the fur is only 300K I think I kept it pretty low considering I had to nearly cover the whole body. Anyway thanks for your support I know how you love to demoralize my creations LOL!!!
  • FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I loooove this horse!

so much more realistic <3</p>

only thing i felt the need to change was the hair as i like it up higher on the neck ^_^ Cant wait to see what the PA's will come up with :D

myhorse2.png
    770 x 736 - 465K
    Post edited by Faewolf on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
    You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
    The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
    Hope you like it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    {{{{{hugs}}}}}

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

CauriB said:
    I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle) . . .
    Played around with this a bit last night -- the clone works beautifully! As do the material buttons, thanks CauriB!

But when I tried to apply CWRW Pro MilHorse Textures I got nothing, not even you're-using-the-wrong-UV mismapping. I had the DH2 seleced, I right-clicked and made sure I told it to apply to it, but nothing -- I don't have much experience in applying previous generation textures to the Genesis-generation figures, but isn't that how it's supposed to work? (DSPro 4.5.1.41, if it matters.)

. . . only thing i felt the need to change was the hair as i like it up higher on the neck ^_^ Cant wait to see what the PA's will come up with :D

Snazzy! How did you do that?
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
    You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
    The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
    Hope you like it.

Excellent! I was going to try to squeeze this into my schedule, but I probably wouldn't have gotten it done until January. Thanks for doing this!
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Wow that reminded me of a daydream/not quite awake dream I had as a kid had a shelf up on the wall above my bed where my "Barbie Doll horses were stabled,and laying in my bed one morning it was just barely daylight I looked up at the horses and one of them turned it's head ,looked at me ,shook its mane out,reached down and scratched it's foreleg and then when back into the normal position ...........needless to say I told my mom this she told me I had a vivid imagination ......I was positive the toys were coming to life when I was sleeping for years after that ......except I do have to ask Wendy what's with the dress on the horse??

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

a few asked if I was going to dress the horse when I said I got it, so I did!

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    . . . only thing i felt the need to change was the hair as i like it up higher on the neck ^_^ Cant wait to see what the PA's will come up with :D

Snazzy! How did you do that?

thanks! I'm in the lamh plugin beta group and just knew i had to try it out on the Horse 2, its very fun!

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Sooo ... I've got everything downloaded and am now installing and ran into a gotcha with Western Gear. Doesn't take much to confuse me when I'm in the after 'glow' of a migraine and my brain still hurts.

DSON Core: Install files for DS4.5+. These are trx.exe files I'd normally ignore, but with the DSON Importer for Poser, I now need to install these.

Poser Companion: Install files for Poser runtime. These are the dpc.exe files. To use Genesis / Horse 2 products in Poser, I need to install these.

So, I get that. but ...

Poser Core: What the heck?

It's a dpc.exe file, so these must be the normal files I'd install for Poser, and I can ... in this case ... ignore the DSON Core install files. Right?!?

This I'd install for Poser
    Western Gear - Poser Core 15298_WesternGearPs_1.0_dpc.exe

This I can delete because I don't use DAZ Studio and it's not Genesis / Horse 2
    Western Gear - DSON Core 15298_WesternGearDS_1.0_trx.exe

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

But when I tried to apply CWRW Pro MilHorse Textures I got nothing, not even you're-using-the-wrong-UV mismapping. I had the DH2 seleced, I right-clicked and made sure I told it to apply to it, but nothing -- I don't have much experience in applying previous generation textures to the Genesis-generation figures, but isn't that how it's supposed to work? (DSPro 4.5.1.41, if it matters.)

The material zones probably aren't named the same as in the original MillHorse. So you'll need to manually apply the textures. That would be my guess, anyway... I haven't had a chance to try it yet (I'm at work).

Hm. Maybe it would also be worthwhile to do a clone shape and UV map for the Poser Horse? There are some freebies for that horse that I'd really like to convert for Horse 2.

edited December 1969

Yep any textures you have that you want to use have to be manually loaded then save out as a .duf.So go to surface tab and click on the 1 coat ,3 ear,3Eyesocket ,3 head,3 inner ear ,and 3 nostril ,then in the diffused browse to what texture you want to do,load it and tada!! save and you are done,much easier then resizeing the old textures splitting them .......it works

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited November 2012

@KickAir 8P
    As carrie58 already said you need to apply any other than the included textures manually and save them as a .duf file. I did this with the texture sets I own and included them as a bonus.
    @zigraphix
    A clone shape and UV map for the Poser Horse won´t be easy to create because the geometry is to different. The DAZ Horse 2 obj is the Millenium Horse obj minus the hair with a new shape and an altered UV map so it wasn´t too difficult to build a clone and remap the horse.

Post edited by CauriB on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 2012

Fun fun fun

Somebody is having a bad day. Genesis Mavka and horsey2 in the barnyard.

Edit: The levels changed the color so I'm substituting the non-photoshop-leveled straight out of DS version. Sorry about that.

mavkagen-horsey2b.jpg
    750 x 750 - 120K
    Post edited by Spit on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    I loooove this horse!

so much more realistic <3</p>

only thing i felt the need to change was the hair as i like it up higher on the neck ^_^ Cant wait to see what the PA's will come up with :D

Love it! I wonder how well Poser dynamic hair will work?
    edited December 1969

Is any Poser user actually getting anything from installing the Dark Barding Textures? I've installed

15343_DarkBardingTextures_1.0_ds.exe
    15343_DarkBardingTexturesPoserCF_1.0_dpc.exe

three times, and I still have no textures anywhere in the Poser runtime.

• ZetharaZethara Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

If anyone is curious, the daz horse 2 works very nicely in Bryce 7.1.. I had no trouble sending him from Daz Studio. :)

horsebryce2_LR.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 452K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Zethara said:
    If anyone is curious, the daz horse 2 works very nicely in Bryce 7.1.. I had no trouble sending him from Daz Studio. :)

Lovely image!
    edited November 2012

Got it installed. The mane, forelock and the tail are horrid in my opinion. The forlocks are basically two single planes with transmaps applied to them. You have to load both the manes (R & L) to get the forelock looking just OK... it's very long too, there are no shortening morphs to pull it up. The mane has barely any movement morphs at all and the tail... not sure what that's all about... The main horse looks great but can't wait for someone to make a nice mane, forelock and tail set, perhaps with fibermesh that one can load each. I think one of the things I would have done differently is make the forelock separate. Plus there is that huge gap with no hair from behind the ears down to where the mane starts. That looks really odd, like the groomer had a "whoops" moment. Not impressed with this area of the new horse in the least. I won't return it but I won't use it until there is an alternative set offered.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Yeah but Wolfie think what we can do to the mane and tail, when LAMH comes out .(Gleefully rubbing hands together)

edited December 1969

Yea, the saving grace! Can't wait even more now for that plugin to hit Carrie!

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hi Folks,

I have just bought and downloaded the mill H2 pro bundle, but I noticed that there is no DSON CORE files for, the Wagon Trail 1 & 2, or the Barnyard. has anyone else noticed this.????

I think I may be missing some files, but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

Those three products are Poser products, so they don't need to use the DSON Importer.

Hi Folks,

I have just bought and downloaded the mill H2 pro bundle, but I noticed that there is no DSON CORE files for, the Wagon Trail 1 & 2, or the Barnyard. has anyone else noticed this.????

I think I may be missing some files, but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Cheers,

S.K.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Aha,

Thank you very much Satira Capriccio.

This multi plaform thing can be SO confusing.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

I'm rather discouraged with the mane, forelock, and tail. Very difficult to get it looking decent. Also, many of the mane and forelock pose controls are either on or off. No incremental settings (at least in Poser. It's either 0 or 1). So, if you want a mane that is kinda windy, no such luck. It's either full on flying in the wind or it's flat against the neck.

Also can't turn off sections of the mane. I wanted the forelock to be split with half to the left and half to the right, so thought I'd use both manes and turn off the neck parts. Nope. Doesn't work.

It just amazes me people create such incredible and gorgeous hairs for human figures, but we get this ... ancient ... something ... with the latest and greatest DAZ figure.

The forelock and mane are one reason why I didn't use the Mil Horse all that much. I'd hoped that Horse 2 would be improved.

It also appears Horse 2 doesn't work in the Poser hair room. Nothing is selectable when you try to make a group :( So much for that idea.

Maybe I'll just use bald horses like I usually settled for with the Mil Horse :P Especially, since the forelock didn't work with the draft / heavy horse morphs ... and I rather like the draft horses.

RAMWolff said:
    Got it installed. The mane, forelock and the tail are horrid in my opinion. The forlocks are basically two single planes with transmaps applied to them. You have to load both the manes (R & L) to get the forelock looking just OK... it's very long too, there are no shortening morphs to pull it up. The mane has barely any movement morphs at all and the tail... not sure what that's all about... The main horse looks great but can't wait for someone to make a nice mane, forelock and tail set, perhaps with fibermesh that one can load each. I think one of the things I would have done differently is make the forelock separate. Plus there is that huge gap with no hair from behind the ears down to where the mane starts. That looks really odd, like the groomer had a "whoops" moment. Not impressed with this area of the new horse in the least. I won't return it but I won't use it until there is an alternative set offered.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

I haven't tried using a TriAx figure in the hair Room (come to that, I haven't tried using the hair room) but if you need to select a target bone when adding hair use the SubD bone, rather than one of the posing bones, as that (at least with Genesis) is what carries the final mesh.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Yeah but Wolfie think what we can do to the mane and tail, when LAMH comes out .(Gleefully rubbing hands together)

Just thought I'd share my latest render with the LAMH beta, since you guys where talking about mane and tail. Hope you like it...

rampant_fury.jpg
    745 x 936 - 358K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2012

CauriB said:
    @KickAir 8P
    As carrie58 already said you need to apply any other than the included textures manually and save them as a .duf file. I did this with the texture sets I own and included them as a bonus.
    Appreciate it, thx!

carrie58 said:

Just thought I'd share my latest render with the LAMH beta, since you guys where talking about mane and tail. Hope you like it...

Beautiful!

The render below uses DAZ Horse 2 / Toy Pony / Pretty Ponies as the Pony-Hulk. Iron Bear was originally supposed to be Iron Pony, but my attempts to make the texture map failed miserably -- The DH2's UV map may be excellent for realism, but not so good with the Toy Pony. Even simple quarter-marks distort, like that radiation symbol. I've got a number of super-heroes I'd love to do pony emulations of -- if somebody could do a more toy-friendly UV with a seam guide I'd really appreciate it.

DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Iron Bear and Pony-Hulk -- Defiant

IronBearPonyHulkDefiant-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on