3D Universe Site Relaunch - Free Character

3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey Everyone. We've just launched an new updated website, and to celebrate the launch, we have a free character for you!

The "Gruggle Monk"! An adorable little creature that stands about half a meter high, and uses his abundant cuteness to make you do whatever he wants...

This little guy may look cute and all, but beware the power of those eyes!

Oh, and don't feed him bananas... ever. No, don't even think about it... we mean it...

...serious...

Pop over to the site, and let us know what you think...

http://www.3duniverse.co.za/

Comments

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Awesomely cute... Just tried to download him and it says server not found :down: and I so needed his cuteness.. I will try again tomorrow :cheese: and BTW I am running Firefox.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    Awesomely cute... Just tried to download him and it says server not found :down: and I so needed his cuteness.. I will try again tomorrow :cheese: and BTW I am running Firefox.

Maybe you have the domain blocked or something? It's working perfectly for other people.

S

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

Maybe you have the domain blocked or something? It's working perfectly for other people.

S

Shouldnt on this computer as it is my home PC and is pretty much wide open. Which is why I will try again tomorrow on a diffrent Network :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    JK0011 said:

S

Shouldnt on this computer as it is my home PC and is pretty much wide open. Which is why I will try again tomorrow on a diffrent Network :coolsmirk:

Sorry about that - we had an error in the url. We've fixed it - please try the download again now.

S

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited November 2012

JK0011 said:

S

No, I was having the same problem.

It seems that the domain name for the download is misspelled - the "r" is missing in 3duniverse. When I added the "r" it downloaded without a problem.

Maybe a DNS caching issue???

Ignore me.

Problem solved. I'm just too slow.:-)

Post edited by Gone on
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    JK0011 said:

S

Sorry about that - we had an error in the url. We've fixed it - please try the download again now.

S

Retried and WOOHOO I got him .. Thanks so much for offering this cutie..:cheese:

edited December 1969

Gone said:
    JK0011 said:

S

No, I was having the same problem.

It seems that the domain name for the download is misspelled - the "r" is missing in 3duniverse. When I added the "r" it downloaded without a problem.

Maybe a DNS caching issue???

Ignore me.

Problem solved. I'm just too slow.:-)

:-)

• edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

I got that error also, but only from the link in the forum there. I think it's the + in the forum post. Go to the Shop, Freebies, and you can download it from there :)

In the forum page on 3DU http://www.3duniverse.co.za/articles/?Gruggle-Monk-Available-Now , the link "Store page" points to: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/store/product?+Gruggle-Monk

If you go to it from the 3DU shop, it goes to: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/store/product/?Gruggle-Monk instead.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

There's definitely some oddness going on at the site...at first, I was getting the 'not found' error clicking the link from the blog page, so I went to the main store page...that got me to the correct page to download him, but I needed to login. The first time I logged in, I got "Username is already in use"...so I went back to the main page and logged in from there...and that worked. So I'm thinking some of the 'deeper' links are still pointing to 'old' places or internal routing isn't going correctly

But...

He's downloaded...going to have to play with him later.

• skylab-studioskylab-studio Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Great little character, and no problems downloading from your new site. Thanks so much!

~skylab :)

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Your new site is acting very oddly. It's not letting me log in with my existing account, and it freezes up if I try to create a new one. I asked for a password reset, and it emailed me a broken link. Tried in both FireFox and IE with no success...

• tubes_b2169a5d1atubes_b2169a5d1a Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the lovely freebie, and I think your new site is great

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

He is so adorable! very Adorable! Thank you very much!

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Awesome freebie, thank you!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 1969

Nice looking site; but using IE9 (32bit) the main top drop down menus disappear when I try to move my cursor to the selection. Also I can't get the filters on the left side of the products listing page to apply

edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    Your new site is acting very oddly. It's not letting me log in with my existing account, and it freezes up if I try to create a new one. I asked for a password reset, and it emailed me a broken link. Tried in both FireFox and IE with no success...

You can email me directly (steve[at]3duniverse.co.za) and I'll get your account sorted out.

S

edited December 1969

We picked up an error in the link sent out by the site when you request a password change. We've fixed the issue, and you should be able to request a password change correctly now.

S

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2012

Hey Steve,

Only thing I find odd with the new site, and its just a preference, is the way the 6 model catagories change images.

A simpler effect would, imho, look better and not leave the boxes looking empty at any point. A basic sweeping line alternating between horizontal and vertical would work.

EDIT:
    After letting the site run for a few min I see that only "Toon General" continues to have images appear. The last I saw of the other 5, the images did not populate then entire square and just disappeared.

Screenshot_-_12-11-30_-_08:52:35_AM.png
    922 x 413 - 74K
    Screenshot_-_12-11-30_-_08:41:50_AM.png
    900 x 497 - 170K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Ugh. It's not letting me log in either, and it's also not sending me any reset e-mails, with or without a broken link

The reset e-mail might be a problem with my ISP. I can do everything right to white-list a site, and it will still block it sometimes. (which is why I'm posting here and not just sending 3DU an e-mail.)

• guangh69guangh69 Posts: 165
    edited November 2012

Very cute. I grabbed it!
    Thank you very much!

Post edited by guangh69 on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:

You can email me directly (steve[at]3duniverse.co.za) and I'll get your account sorted out.

S

Ta-dah! This morning, the site allowed me to reset my password, so I was able to get in. Thank you very much for the freebie.

edited December 1969

I think some of the 'oddness' maybe stale cookies...for those who are experiencing any oddness, make sure any old cookies are removed and refresh the page.

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

Do we need to re-register?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I did. Was that a mistake?

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Site looks good, but personally, im going to miss the 3DU Forums.

-MJ

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I've always been a big fan of 3D Universe figures and characters (I think I have most of them actually o.O) so one more adorable addition is always welcome to join the family. Though I confess I'm still on the prowl for yet more hairstyles and outfits for Sadie and Sam for Genesis. Seems that despite their growing wardrobe, too much is never enough :D

edited December 1969

I did. Was that a mistake?

I didn't...it took my old registration,

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I love him! I love him! Thank you!

If you log in from the top of the main page you should be okay. I waited until I reached the store page to try to login and it wanted me to set up a new account instead and since I already have one, it hung. So back to the main page and I logged in successfully from there.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

He looks cute!

I can't log in either, Have cleared my cache, sent for a new password and it says it'll send it, but never does :(

User name is Alisa. Steve, should I shoot an email to you, also?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

I found that waht Spit has suggested worked, I couldn't log in originally, then went back to the main home page and logged in there, once I remembered which of my password list I had used, and then wnet back to the forum here to find the link to go straight to the right page,

Now I have this little guy in my runtime, thankyou Steve.

He really is cute.

Post edited by Chohole on