Is it just me or is Firefox having issues with the site lately?

edited November 2012 in The Commons

Have noticed of late that the product pages don't load properly (images not being displayed) and need constant refreshing until they do. Google Chrome doesn't seem to have that problem.

Post edited by team_banzai_aaa8ff83b5 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

FF 17 and all is well here.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...still on 14 and works like a charm (of course barring any issues on Daz's end).

• vivayovivayo Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem with IE. Google Chrome works OK.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

When I popped into this thread 1 minute ago I was using FF 16.2.....it just updated me. :lol:

I'm now on 17.

I wasn't having any problems with pages not loading images....at least not for months here--had them first weeks of the new site. But every once in a while an order gets stuck on the last step so I open another tab, go to my downloads and the file is ready for downloading. I don't know if that's DAZ or some setting of mine. Doesn't happen all the time.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Switched to ff 17, no go, same picture absence as in previous ff version, while in ie all pictures are in place. Cleaned cache fully, still no luck.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited November 2012

(FF 16.0.2)... just in the last 24 hrs or so I'd lost all the images on the site (product images, forum folder icons, posted images)...

... in the end, I found that I had to whitelist the "cloudflare.com" website (running noScript in paranoid mode) as well as "cloudfront.net", and all the images came back again.

Post edited by M F M on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

No site problems with Pale Moon 15.3 (Pale Moon is an x64 build of Firefox)

• edited December 1969

I'm running FF 17.0 but didn't encounter this problem until now (24-48 hours). Just wondering if the site's been messed with again? Google Chrome doesn't seem to have issues, though.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I've read of occasionally "scattered" problems for users ... thing is too it's winter in North America and it's amazing what a little ice and snow can do to the power lines.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited November 2012

M F M said:
    (FF 16.0.2)... just in the last 24 hrs or so I'd lost all the images on the site (product images, forum folder icons, posted images)...

... in the end, I found that I had to whitelist the "cloudflare.com" website (running noScript in paranoid mode) as well as "cloudfront.net", and all the images came back again.

I'm using FF12 and didn't have any problems until this morning and I haven't changed any settings. I'm also using NoScript, images loaded fine last night but not this morning until I did what you did, whitelisted cloudflare.com and cloudfront.net. Something was going on with the site last night because when I posted a reply to another thread last night, the reply didn't get posted but went to another reply screen and I had to retype my reply.

Post edited by Cherokee on
  • MidnightCatMidnightCat Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem with Firefox and was looking for a thread like this...
    But now the problem seems to be fixed, everything works fine at the moment.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2012

I just logged in to reply to this thread. I am using Google Chrome. The whole website has been slightly slower lately. I guess many people are overloading the servers when they buy Horse 2. It is now 17:34 Universal Coordinated Time on Thursday, November 29.

I gotta make lunch now. bye

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Yup, that was what happened to me, too - ruddy confusing to have no images, icons, etc.!
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Right now the site store and forum are completely borked for me. I see no icons in the store or the forum.

edited December 1969

I switched over to IE and everything is fine, except a bit slow in paging. So FF must have screwed up on the last update.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    M F M said:

Yup, that was what happened to me, too - ruddy confusing to have no images, icons, etc.!

Same here, was fine this morning and then DAZ seemed to move the images to a new place and I had to enable it in my no script window for the images and icons to show, all is fine now.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Had a problem last night when the site seemed to go down. Not sure if it was real or just our connection playing up but it was back this morning.

Firefox has been fine all day, mostly using sites in the USA from the UK as I'm fighting software bugs.

Wait a minute ... all the avatars have gone...

Post edited by Baglet on
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Had a problem last night when the site seemed to go down. Not sure if it was real or just our connection playing up but it was back this morning.

Firefox has been fine all day, mostly using sites in the USA from the UK as I'm fighting software bugs.

Wait a minute ... all the avatars have gone...

That's what I'm saying, something is screwed up. The site has been down several times for maintenance the past few days. I think they are experiencing a major hiccup. It may not be affecting everyone right now. IE was showing the icons/avatars, whereas FF was not. Now IE is not showing icons/avatars. At least for me.

edited December 1969

After I posted that I was seeing my avatar, but not anyone else's.

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

Disabling JavaScript on daz3d.com shows the images/store with FF 17.

Nothing else works though ... maybe that's what DAZ is longing for ... :)

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

About 8PM EST - no images in FF 17 or IE8.

Hope the download works... off to get my Horse Bundle.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited November 2012

M F M - 29 November 2012 06:23 AM

(FF 16.0.2)... just in the last 24 hrs or so I’d lost all the images on the site (product images, forum folder icons, posted images)...

... in the end, I found that I had to whitelist the “cloudflare.com” website (running noScript in paranoid mode) as well as “cloudfront.net”, and all the images came back again.

Okay, this means it's not FF at all, it's the blocking script run inside FF.

Anyway, what's interesting is the name of those sites. Anything 'cloud' seems to be all the rage these days and there will be tons of hosts setting up 'cloud' servers that rent space to others. Looks like a possibility for the web images displayed on site. And it's possible we're simply 'trying out' various options to see what works best.

Post edited by Spit on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

for "No Script" users, you only need to add "Cloudflare.com" to the white list.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Maybe that's why I haven't had any problems this time around...I've had Cloudflare whitelisted for a while now.

I'm wondering if that may be a contributing factor to some of the download problems some people are having?

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

That fixes it. Everything back to normal again.

edited November 2012

DAZ has been using Cloudflare for a while now...not sure what all is hosted there and what is hosted on DAZ's own servers (if anything).

NoScript and other blocking software interfering with images and downloads...a very real probability.

Change how it's served from the cloud servers/change the url (heck it's possible that changing the routing can mess things up) and unless you've set up your whitelist to allow domains as opposed to sites/pages and you'll be blocked.

The amount of software that in some way offers 'protection' is beyond belief. All browsers have some blocking mechanisms...then there's AVs, firewalls and even your router/modem to contend with. And that leaves out DNS...if you haven't specified a third-party DNS server and are using your ISP's dns, then it's likely that there is some measure of filtering going on.

Not to mention 'throttling'...

I'm amazed that there are so few problems, overall.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...hmm... still using FF15.

Store works (well as well as it has been since the site rollout).

Think I'll give 17 a miss.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

I think it's more of a NoScript/AV issue than a FF one...I'm beginning to wonder if Cloudflare hasn't been tagged by some of the 'filter' sites as a potential 'malware' distributor or something.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I think it's more of a NoScript/AV issue than a FF one...I'm beginning to wonder if Cloudflare hasn't been tagged by some of the 'filter' sites as a potential 'malware' distributor or something.
    For me, it isn't an issue of anything going wrong as such - just that the external references made by the daz3d.com website have changed (recently) to include cloudflare.com as well as cloudfront.net.

Hmm... I see that the forum editor page still references scripts/objects from cloudfront.net (as well as cloudflare.com), but the main site seems to use cloudflare.com only. *shrug* just whitelist it and be thankful your cross-site scripting protection is working properly v(~_~)v. (IE, and FF without NoScript, doesn't provide this sort of protection, which is why daz3d.com appears to continue to 'work' ok in those environments...).

Post edited by M F M on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

FF did one of it's sneak upgrades on me this week.

i don't bother to uninstall FF upgrades anymore, just paste in my preferred version to the Program Folders from my bak-up