Valle Alpina - large scale scene for Carrara [Commercial]

HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
edited December 1969 in The Commons

My next scene - just uploaded to Daz so hopefully in store soon. For Carrara 8.0+ only I'm afraid.

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

AWESOME

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Glad to see your back!! :-)
    This is going to be a must have for sure!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

I am already trying to think of public domain tunes to use in an animation but sound of music and Eidelweiss are stuck in my brain or Vicky dressed as Heidi Ho!
    there is definately Bavarian clothing in my runtime and that cute redhouse Gingerbread like cottage, thinking Hansel and Gretel with a twist maybe
    my animations will have to involve backgrounds with shadow catch though as do any of these scenes.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Excellent work! Looks like another must have.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

beautiful Howie!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Stunning Howie, just stunning!! :-)

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Makes me want to try Carrara again, sigh... I have installed it but last time I used it I just couldn't find anything of my usual stuff in the library. That was before the 8.5 beta. Maybe time to try this beta and see if Genesis and the CMS work like in Studio.

I wish we could achieve similar results in Studio...

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

This is sooooo beautiful. I'd take it to Wyoming or Colorado though and populate it with antelope, deer, wild horses, cowboys, geologists, fishermen, perhaps even a (gasp) hunter or two.

Sigh.

The only, absolutely only, reason I would have any interest in Carrara is Howie Farkes scenes. They are simply amazing.

Sigh.

Maybe someday.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    edited December 1969

Erdehel said:
    Awesome! Makes me want to try Carrara again, sigh... I have installed it but last time I used it I just couldn't find anything of my usual stuff in the library. That was before the 8.5 beta. Maybe time to try this beta and see if Genesis and the CMS work like in Studio.

Agreed! I have carrara vers 6 and 7 and have several of Howies first sets and while they are fantastic, when i use them for more than a backdrop, meaning as a scene and adding figures and props, it quickly gets to where my 64 bit, 12 gig DDR PC can't deal with it. I really enjoy DS4.5, but wish they would roll DS and carrara up in one app, so many features i like in both. Guess we'll see what the next carrara has to offer.

great looking addon, hope it does well!

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited November 2012

Erdehel said:

Agreed! I have carrara vers 6 and 7 and have several of Howies first sets and while they are fantastic, when i use them for more than a backdrop, meaning as a scene and adding figures and props, it quickly gets to where my 64 bit, 12 gig DDR PC can't deal with it. I really enjoy DS4.5, but wish they would roll DS and carrara up in one app, so many features i like in both. Guess we'll see what the next carrara has to offer.

great looking addon, hope it does well!

I've done pretty well in the past by lowering some of the settings and also by rendering the scene and new objects separately then compositing them if it gets too involved.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Garstor.Jaw.Position = ON_THE_FLOOR;

I cannot wait for this new scene to be released!

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Garstor.Jaw.Position = ON_THE_FLOOR;

I cannot wait for this new scene to be released!

Wait no more - it's in store now :)

• psimediapsimedia Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Hi Howie! (or anyone who can answer 2 noob questions with a simple yes or no) ;-)

Is the stream animated?

Are the streams in your other products animated?

BTW, the contact form on your website is broker. I tried using it with 3 different browsers.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited December 1969

psimedia said:
    Hi Howie! (or anyone who can answer 2 noob questions with a simple yes or no) ;-)

Is the stream animated?

BTW, the contact form on your website is broker. I tried using it with 3 different browsers.

Short answer is "depends which scene". For some I have used Carrara's Ocean primitive to create the water surface and this is animated by default. Off the top of my head this includes Sprucevale, Beechdale and Byodo-in.

Other scenes use a bump mapped shader to create the water surface ripples - these are not animated but could be with a little work. This includes all my other scenes except Stoney Creek which uses a Carrara's displacement painting to add the water ripples. I'm actually unsure if that can be animated - someone else may know.

Cheers,

Martin (HowieFarkes)

ps. Thanks for the heads-up about the website - I clearly haven't really done anything to the site for a few years now but it is in redevelopment now.

• psimediapsimedia Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

psimedia said:

Is the stream animated?

Short answer is "depends which scene". For some I have used Carrara's Ocean primitive to create the water surface and this is animated by default. Off the top of my head this includes Sprucevale, Beechdale and Byodo-in.

Other scenes use a bump mapped shader to create the water surface ripples - these are not animated but could be with a little work. This includes all my other scenes except Stoney Creek which uses a Carrara's displacement painting to add the water ripples. I'm actually unsure if that can be animated - someone else may know.

Cheers,

Martin (HowieFarkes)

ps. Thanks for the heads-up about the website - I clearly haven't really done anything to the site for a few years now but it is in redevelopment now.

Thanks! I'll check out the animated scenes.

Jerry

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Man, that's beautiful. I don't use Carrara but all your products make me wish I did.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

These scenes are beautiful, I only have the included snow scene right now. Question is do you open these scenes in Carrara and then are able to just add props, people etc into them? I have been going through Phil Wilkes tutorials to learn how to operate carrara and make my own scenes, but not totally familiar with it all yet

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

This is already on my list of things to buy including Carrara but I'll have to settle my poor visa first! :D