Materials problem?

rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
edited December 1969 in New Users

When rendering nails fail.

I need help. I think it's a problem with materials. But can't locate it it. Any idea?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

When rendering nails fail.

I need help. I think it's a problem with materials. But can't locate it it. Any idea?

Some of them have the displacement set too high. If so, turning it down should help.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

My question is...which is the problem...the black or the lack of black?

edited December 1969

If I'm not mistaken that's one of the dark red shades of nail polish. Some of the textures also have for 'chipped nails' or really nice nails.
    However some of them also had the displacement settings rather high ... depending upon how close one wanted to render the figure.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Looks like my hands two days after a show when I haven't bothered to remove my nail polish.

Now I'll just tell people the texture map isn't properly applied.

• rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

I found the problem but do not know how to solve it.

The problem is the full body morph "The Man in the Mirror". When I apply it, the nail gets distorted.

My question is:

Is it possible to apply the morph without applying it on nails?

02.jpg
    675 x 569 - 64K
    01.jpg
    647 x 475 - 54K
    edited December 1969

If you're referring to this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-man-in-the-mirror for M4 ... guess I should ask now, which figure are you using? It looked like something I've seen happen on Genesis.

• rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

If you're referring to this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-man-in-the-mirror for M4 ... guess I should ask now, which figure are you using? It looked like something I've seen happen on Genesis.

I used Michael4 and I've installed Hiro4 too.

edited December 1969

Okay, now I don't have that particular morph set ... places to check for more poses might be under "hands" or when you click [choose] the hand, over on the parameter tab there may be a slider/dial to make adjustments?

Sometimes there's a readme or text file with a few instructions thrown in with products that may or not be of help. [found by manually poking through the folders looking for them]

If there's no help there; the only thing I can think of quickly would be to dial the morph out when doing closeups of the hand.

Maybe somebody who has those morphs will chime in.

edited December 1969

Looks like my hands two days after a show when I haven't bothered to remove my nail polish.

Now I'll just tell people the texture map isn't properly applied.

lol ... mine always start chipping from the bottom.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

There's probably a Ven diagram of "Nail Polish that Dries Quickly", "Nail Polish that Lasts Long", and "Nail Polish that is the Exact Colour I Want" and it would be three circles non-converging circles.

edited December 1969

Was thinking this one over, technically one could make a mini-morph to undo the handmorph ... I haven't tried making morphs for M4 in D/S4, I use D/S3 and a free script. Should be possible though.

The basic outline would be to set up the figure as you want it - shape wise, don't worry about textures - send it to Hexagon via the bridge, use the "inflate" "smooth" brushes under uvmaps "carefully" ... do not add or remove any of the dots/lines/faces ... send it back to D/S over the bridge and make the morph. If you like it, save it. Do NOT share it though. [few more steps are necessary before files can be shared]