New Site Issue List - some collected from other thread

HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
edited April 2013 in The Commons

EDIT- I removed the Original Preamble to the list.
I also reordered things in a more logical manner. (I hope)

First thing. I have to agree with Zooks; the boy and girls at DAZ are working hard to get everything right.
Thank You
to the DAZ Web Team for their hard work so far on the new site. :coolsmile:
Putting a complex site together takes time and everything can go as smoothly as 20 grit sandpaper. (Very rough indeed!)
If you think we are frustrated, turn the table and think about their frustration and having to deal with all of us, due to these issues.

This thread was not started to bash DAZ for everything wrong with the site.
I started it as a collection point for the items we, the users, have found in our travels through the new site.
With thousands of us using the store and forum, we are going to find things that the test team didn't, cause Users do that.
So while the DAZ Web Team is busy working on issue, can help by recording a list of things we see.
Remember a Known Issues is Zendesk, the Issue Reporting Tool, isn't connected in yet. (Yup Still Broken)
So, if you see an issue missing from this list or a correction to a posted issue, please post it.
I will be editing this, to add posted issue; make Corrections; give work arounds and solutions. (I may reorder the colors later)
If I find a issue in another Thread I will bring it here and make a Link to the original post.
It is my hope this list will become all lined out soon. (That nifty strike through is [ del ] [ /del ] remove the extra spaces)

So here is the List of “Oo, I like that new Feature!” :coolsmile: , the Bugs and Omissions :coolmad: , and the Wishlist :question: .

Haslor

Forums:
Forum Annoyances You have control over:
1) Email Flood for Thread Responses
-- This is a setting within "Your Control Panel" under "Email Setting"
-- You uncheck "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages"
-- Okay here is an issue, the Forum doesn't remember your preference for each Thread
-- Then remember to check the "Notify me via email" each time you post, to a thread you want to follow.
(Yes, this might be a bug but you can get everything or you choose what you get.)

2) Searching for posts by author
-- For now use the Forum Advance Search
-- This used bring up only those threads that you originated, but now it is getting everything.

The good and the Great:
1) Check Spelling... Very nice - this is a Great in my estimation
2) The New Preview is nice
3) When you press a formatting button it places the tags inline not at the end of the text.
5) We can Make Polls -- -- Personally I hope this does not change
6) Embedded Links!!
7) FOUND the Forum Advance Search :-)
8) Did I mention Embedding Links!

The Bad
There is a very good list over the --- **Known Forum Issue thread
-- So this list will be of issues not currently on that list
1) Can't Edit or Delete the Poll (Much to My Embarrassment) :gulp:
-- But being able to edit, delete or change the poll would be good, especially for the PA sale.
2) Too much wasted space Buttons TOO big
5) Blank Lines as separators.
-- Work around add a space. The Double Return is seen as Redundant Data, which it is.

Store:
New features I like:
1) Recently Viewed Items
2) Compare Products.
-- -- I am trying to figure out exactly how it could be used.
-- -- I suppose when comparing bundles it would be useful
3) Sub menus for the Store drop down Though I would like to see a sub-sub for Genesis with V5, M5, and the like.
-- --
4) the new wishlist with comments area.
-- -- It would be nice to have a popup you can put the note in so you know why you are added it to you wishlist.
5) the new expanded image layout
-- -- I know there are those of us that Don't like this.
6) The New Orders come with installer files names, (Makes it nice for when you are looking for the installer for X)
7) Built with HTML5 - Progressive
8) The layout is nice
-- -- I do like the new Layout and the ability to use a list instead of a grid.

Operational issue:
1) Shopping cart display default option to open as a page and not a drop down
2) "You already purchase this item warning" not active (Might need a special Script, Most stores don't check for this)
3) "You are buying an item in your wishlist" (Okay this is a New Feature that was not in the old site, but I did suggest it.)
4) Correct Item classification - I was in the People/woman while I did find models Mods, I also found Hair, Hair textures, clothes.
One of the more interesting, I found several previous generation models under Genesis shapes, like V3 Base.
5) Items appear multiple times in the displayed list of items.
-- -- Haven not seen this is a while, so I may be fixed
6) Vendor Stores, and Links from their other products.
-- -- ** Known Issue --"The shop by vendor is being worked on."
7) Sale termination date - The sale on this product ends on
-- -- ** Known Issue
8) No file sizes for products listed on both the product pages and download pages
9) Ability to see add-ons to a product ( Thank you a_silberman)
-- -- I have seen add-on's for new product come up in the 'You may also like' (Which just seemed to vanish with the latest Reboot) 5/31
10) Ability to view Wiki or Read Me file about the product - from (digitell
-- the Old Art Zone Wiki is still reachable and you can lookup the product.

11) Unstable Prices, system seems to forget the pricing on objects.
12) Items showing up multiple times with multiple Prices
-- This might be fixed between the time I saw it and when I went back to Double check.
13) Could we please have the "You may also like" under the Description or over the the right side? (i know minor)

Searching or Sorting:
1) Search Within - to narrow down the thousand of things that are for Victoria 4
-- -- If you want to find only V5 items, Type: "Victoria 5" with the quotes. Search is not looking for exact parse.

-- Well it worked earlier today when found it, but now it isn't working again.
2) On Sale Only - That was a nice little search
-- -- No solution yet
3) SORTING - Any where you have things in columns we should be able to sort by the column headings.
-- -- Wishlist Sorting
-- -- No solution yet
4) Search within -- (** The web group is aware.)
Itemized Order History
My Orders
My Wishlist
-- -- No solution yet
5) Sort by price range -- you can sort by price, so we are talking about a price range
-- -- The Catalog Advanced Search allows for a price range, still doesn't display it's results.
6) Hiding Mac / PC items during product download. **Known issue
7) Searching for anything is faster if you use Google or Bing, You will find what you want faster that way of you know something about it.

Post edited by Haslor on

Comments

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

:cheese: the Poll work! YES!!! Now to do the Seattle User Group post.

edited December 1969

SO.... I thought I would wander the Forums and see what the admin's have said about this or that being worked on or looking into that or Add things the bug other people.
    The Idea, One point to come and see the progress.

Problems added in responses well be added by me to the list above.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

You forgot the file sizes for products listed on both the product pages and download pages :(

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Forums:
    The Bad

2) Too much wasted space.

edited May 2012

Ascania said:
    Forums:
    The Bad

2) Too much wasted space.

Agreed... the buttons on the pages are massive, and the replies for topics and PMs are to spaced out. I don't like the layouts for the reply pages at all :( I miss being able to see everything important in the first frame of the browser rather than having to scroll around hunting for the Submit buttons and such :(

... I just got logged out immediatly after that posted. I logged back in and now it says my post count and everything is back to '0' :( *wonders if it says it by my post too*

Post edited by atryeu on
  • timmy_a406c3c410timmy_a406c3c410 Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

assuming you meant a longer *test* run... :)

edited May 2012

tjrourke said:
    assuming you meant a longer *test* run... :)

Me a dyslexic person use the wrong word .... Never!
    --
    Well Maybe
    ---
    Why do you think one of the things I like about the new Forums is Spell Check

Post edited by Haslor on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I've only briefly glanced at the store. I know it's the latest thing, but the popup on the screen when you click to get bigger images of the product really irks me. Don't know why, as it makes more sense than opening a new window or tab, but it just really really irritates me.

• edited December 1969

I think it would also be nice if the store prompted to change the address in "Address Book" when the carry over was incomplete. I ended up with several addresses for myself. Yet, each time after I made the correction and marked the "save" radio button, I still had to do it again for the next purchase. Ended up with multiple addresses for myself in the drop down for the store, none of which retained my "point of origin". Eventually clued in to change it in my Address Book and deleted the incomplete duplicates.

So, if anyone else is having this issue, here's the fix.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 276
    edited December 1969

HI guys,

Can see the new site will be grand but you did hit the go button a bit early. Still I am seeing lots getting fixed since the 19th.

Some things that may still be broken or the old site was better ...

- the store safeguard against double purchases was broken (I managed to buy Ohia twice) . Is it fixed?
    - Contact us link still broken (trying to get my refund on Ohia #2, and trying to track Carrara 8.5 #132 which I was notified about but did not appear in my downloads)
    - Are the required products lists correct yet. They were completely wrong and ever-changing. Appear stable but I'm not sure if they are right. Ohia says he needs genesis ethnicity but he appears pretty good without it.
    - The old downloads could hide unwanted files (like mac for me). New one does not appear to have.

Will the old forums be ported through to the new forums. Everyone is a new member with few posts. It was good being able to recognise names+avatars and find older subjects.

Keep up the good work.:-)

Lx

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

What is Honey Butter?

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    I've only briefly glanced at the store. I know it's the latest thing, but the popup on the screen when you click to get bigger images of the product really irks me. Don't know why, as it makes more sense than opening a new window or tab, but it just really really irritates me.

-
    It might be that the larger image covers the main page and you can't view both at the same time?
    -
    Not a Web-Dev on this site, but here are a few questions they might ask:
    Would you rather it work like it did?
    You click in the thumbnail and it displays the image in the bigger box on the page.
    Then if you click on the display port you get a larger pic?
    -
    Would you like the ability to choose the method that is used?
    -
    Bob
    edited May 2012

What is Honey Butter?

Honey butter is a sweet butter used to spread on various types of bread.

Yum :-)

Post edited by Haslor on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610
    edited December 1969

This will take some getting used to.
    Thank goodness for ColorThatSite in firefox (I prefer a darker background).
    Store won't sort by price correctly (again - used to be broken only for sale items but right now it's just weird)
    No avatars yet makes it seem really impersonal in here - I barely recognise anyone (though that might be because I've been absent a long time) - at least they're working on this.

I prefer the old smileys, new ones seem a little less varied and less easy on the eyes (or maybe I'm just getting old :P ) :coolhmm: :snake: :long:

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited May 2012

Re forums

I always start at the New Posts page (which took me a while to find on the new site). But my issue is that New Posts aren't marked by forum, so I've no idea which forum posts are from, and that's annoying.

For example, if a post is from say, the Bryce forum, I generally won't look at it, because I don't have Bryce. So I would like that feature put back, pretty please, Mr DAZ, Sir, thank you.

Edit - Two more things I just noticed.

Where the hell are the paragraphs in posts? Every time I post, my return key is ignored.
    Also, after I post, the page doesn't refresh at my post, but goes to the top of the page. Trivial, but annoying.
    mac

Post edited by maclean on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Here's another 'feature' I can't get rid of.

How do I NOT get notifications when there are new posts to a thread? Unsubscribe for every single post I make?
    The last thing I want is to be inundated with e-mails from DAZ.

mac

edited December 1969

maclean said:

How do I NOT get notifications when there are new posts to a thread? Unsubscribe for every single post I make?

mac

Hello Mac
    -
    Under Email setting in you profile you can turn this off globally
    -
    Just uncheck "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages"
    -
    This will stop you from automatically subscribing to any thread you write in.
    -
    bob

edited May 2012

Haslor said:
    maclean said:

mac

Hello Mac
    -
    Under Email setting in you profile you can turn this off globally
    -
    Just uncheck "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages"
    -
    This will stop you from automatically subscribing to any thread you write in.
    -
    bob

Testing this setting

PS... I wasn't automatically added to the subscription when I had that setting off.

Post edited by Haslor on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,207
    edited December 1969

The new threads list does show the forum, on the right, but it's small print and not very obvious.

edited May 2012

Okay by around about way I found the Forum Advance Search

AdvancedSearch.png
    725 x 266 - 56K
    Post edited by Haslor on
    edited May 2012

After finding the advanced search in the Forums, I started to dig for the Advance Search in the Store!
    Cause where you find one pony there has to be another!
    FOUND IT! - But there are issues.
    -
    It is called Catalog Advanced Search
    -
    So here is how to find it with out the link
    You click on the little down arrow to the Right of the search box
    And "Looking for advanced search?" slides in under it.
    you select that and you get to the Catalog Advance Search which looks to be able to search any field.
    -
    I set up my search
    ---Compatible 3D Figures: Genesis
    ---Compatible 3D Software: DAZ Studio
    ---Created By: Bobbie25
    I pressed search
    - - - - -
    But exhilaration falls on it's face!
    And I'm rather confused
    The search says it found:
    "11 item(s) were found using the following search criteria"
    but then it said:
    "There are no products matching the selection."
    -
    So did it find something or not?
    Now I know Bobbie 25 has products for Genesis and DAZ Studio.
    -
    I am guessing here, but the list found was not passed to the display engine, so it says there is nothing to display.

results.png
    584 x 259 - 25K
    AdvanceCatalogueSearch.png
    652 x 224 - 20K
    AdvanceSearchButton.png
    222 x 42 - 8K
    Post edited by Haslor on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

I realize this is going to be pretty far down on the priority list, but the easiest way for me to check what was going on in the topics I'd posted to wasn't the emails, it was the egosearch. I forget what the button was because I had it set up in favorites, here's the link: http://forum.daz3d.com/search.php?search_id=egosearch -- I'd really like to have that function back. :-S

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

maclean said:

mac

Really? I haven't gotten any notices at all! :long:

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    maclean said:

mac

Really? I haven't gotten any notices at all! :long:

Dana

Check to see if you have “Enable email notifications by default when you post messages” unchecked in your Settings.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

And Dear Ghod! Could we please stay logged in to the forum? Instead of having to do that every time we dare to stray away from it and then come back?

edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    And Dear Ghod! Could we please stay logged in to the forum? Instead of having to do that every time we dare to stray away from it and then come back?

Yes please! I don't always have 15 minutes to waste to wait for the login page to load and then wait again for it to actually log me in after I click Submit :( That leaves me with with only a few minutes in the mornings to look at the forums which might not seem bad for those on fast connections but when it takes 2-3 minutes to load each page it's a big deal, especially when I only have about 1 hour to get everything I need to do in the morning :(

.... and why suddenly is the "email notifications" checkbox unchecking itself? My CPanel options are set to always keep it enabled :(

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Haslor said:

Where did you find the forum advanced search?

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Haslor said:

Where did you find the forum advanced search?

Search function seems to actually work unlike the old forums. I type honey in the search the forum window and actually get this poll as the result. Is the only way to get advanced search to type in a keyword in the "search the forum" box then click on advanced search in the search address string in the menu bar? (Home/Forum Home/Advanced Search/Search Results...click on Advanced Search)

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited May 2012

I agree with the first post we need back all these.

An upgrade is too add things not downgrade the functionality.

Could we have an official answer to all the lost we have and if they are going to be fixed ?

Post edited by sioc on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    Edit - Two more things I just noticed.

Where the hell are the paragraphs in posts? Every time I post, my return key is ignored.
    Also, after I post, the page doesn't refresh at my post, but goes to the top of the page. Trivial, but annoying.
    mac

I think if you hit the "Enter" button twice it will give you an extra space, though I've been using the XHTML equivalent of a line break at the end of each "paragraph" in my posts" because that's the only way I could get it to work in my signature. IOW, use the following: