Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited November 2012

Pretty Dress ver. 1.1 (sku 14307) is not in your list. It is the latest update and does show up in Smart Content when installed, but it does not show up when a Genesis figure is selected in the scene. There is obviously something wrong with the product. I will put in a support ticket.

Edited to add I am using D/S 4.5 in Windows 7 64 bit.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thanks I got it added in to the main list and fixed the GenX items on it as they got messed up when I updated it yesterday.

I also noticed DAZ retitled a non-Genesis item that had the same name. Pretty Party Dress (sku: 11987) was called Party Dress at one point.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Thanks I got it added in to the main list and fixed the GenX items on it as they got messed up when I updated it yesterday.

I also noticed DAZ retitled a non-Genesis item that had the same name. Pretty Party Dress (sku: 11987) was called Party Dress at one point.

I remember that and I purchased both of them after the name confusion was fixed.

edited December 1969

V5 Summer Set ver 1.2 (DSON), sku 14264, is not in list.

I just updated mine from 1.1 because the Metadata did not work.

edited December 1969

Jay,

I hope you don't mind mind me posting this info as I install and categorize my content.

Roy

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    The Mac file link in Dark Embrace (sku: 15362) has been fixed.

Hi,

Can someone confirm this for me. I tried downloading the MAC version several times now and it gave me a bad .exe installer each time. I have only 2 downloads left in my account now.

I contacted the developer and they told me that DAZ handles these files. I opened a ticket on this issue 4 days ago and still have no resolution.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Rest Dark Embrace and try it. The Mac version is giving the zip I just reset it. Sometimes when a link gets fixed you need to rest the item as the old unfixed link will still show up in your downloads till you do so.

Also, DAZ got rid of the limited number of resets you could have for an item months ago.

Geminii23 said:
    Jay_NOLA said:
    The Mac file link in Dark Embrace (sku: 15362) has been fixed.

Hi,

Can someone confirm this for me. I tried downloading the MAC version several times now and it gave me a bad .exe installer each time. I have only 2 downloads left in my account now.

I contacted the developer and they told me that DAZ handles these files. I opened a ticket on this issue 4 days ago and still have no resolution.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Thanks,

I just got it added along with another item

No problem posting updates like that..

I also ran into a potential issue doing these last updates. My main list post was at the maximum number of characters allowed and had to change my intro text a little so I could get the 2 new additions on it.

I'm not sure if anyway exists to add a post right after the main, since the list isn't going to fit in just one post.. I'll have to make a new thread and make several "reserved for future use" posts to avoids that problem if not.

Added:

Alice Redemption (1.0) (DSON)
    V5 Summer Set (1.2) (DSON)

Ledhead said:
    V5 Summer Set ver 1.2 (DSON), sku 14264, is not in list.

I just updated mine from 1.1 because the Metadata did not work.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2012

Jay_NOLA said:
    I'm not sure if anyway exists to add a post right after the main, since the list isn't going to fit in just one post.. I'll have to make a new thread and make several "reserved for future use" posts to avoids that problem if not.

Alternatively, make room at the beginning and end of your first post to include links to "part 2" and "part 3" posts, which could be anywhere in the same thread, or even in a different thread. The link you'll need is from the extreme right-hand link at the top of each post, next to where the "Report/Ignore" links go. For this post, it's the "# 339" link.

(And of course, I just realised you won't see the Report or Ignore links on any of your own posts, because... erm... they wouldn't be much use.) :red:

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited December 1969

That looks like what I'm going to go with.

Jay_NOLA said:

Alternatively, make room at the beginning and end of your first post to include links to "part 2" and "part 3" posts, which could be anywhere in the same thread, or even in a different thread. The link you'll need is from the extreme right-hand link at the top of each post, next to where the "Report/Ignore" links go. For this post, it's the "# 339" link.

(And of course, I just realised you won't see the Report or Ignore links on any of your own posts, because... erm... they wouldn't be much use.) :red:

edited December 1969

2 bundles now have updated files.

Genesis Battle ready Bundle now has Pretorian for Genesis (1.3) in it.

Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle now has Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia (1.6) in it.

Weirdly ,my support request for Dark Embrace shows as still being processed and that got fixed a few days ago.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...reset and Dl's a number of items. While installing I noticed that the uninstaller for the old version didn't come up for some items. For others I received the Uninstall dialogue box, however no progress monitor appeared for the uninstall operation, and after a few moments cycled to the next stage of the install routine. This makes me feel the older version wasn't uninstalled and the update just installed over it which could result in issues down the road (like further Duplicate ID errors).

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited November 2012

Jersey Dress outfit for Genesis updated to V1.1 (DSON)

Jersey Dress expansion for Genesis updated to V1.1 (DSON)

3in1 Skinny outfit for Genesis updated to V1.1 (DSON)

Thanks J.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Kenzi for Genesis updated to V1.1 (DSON) :)

edited December 1969

Thanks,
    I got the main list updated with them
    I also updated:

Supersuit Fantasy Pack (1.1)

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Thanks,
    I also updated:

Thanks JN - Although you still have Jersey Dress outfit marked as v1.0 :P

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Is there any real changes/updates to these updates of your products, Dogz? Or just PCF additions for Poser folks and Studio-only folks like myself need not worry about re-installing?

edited December 1969

Thanks got it fixed.

Dogz said:
    Jay_NOLA said:
    Thanks,
    I also updated:

Thanks JN - Although you still have Jersey Dress outfit marked as v1.0 :P

edited November 2012

cwichura said:
    Is there any real changes/updates to these updates of your products, Dogz? Or just PCF additions for Poser folks and Studio-only folks like myself need not worry about re-installing?

Quite a few changes and tweaks actually -See this thread mate.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12389/

@JN - thanks for that :)

Post edited by Dogz on
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Just checked the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle and note that the Poser Companion files for the Genitalia aren't present. They are listed, but the links for both the PC and Mac versions point to the Legacy files. As do the Legacy links! Just thought I'd point that out
    :)

edited December 1969

Another bug report needs to get filed. Similar problems have happened in the past with other bundles.

Dr Stupid said:
    Just checked the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle and note that the Poser Companion files for the Genitalia aren't present. They are listed, but the links for both the PC and Mac versions point to the Legacy files. As do the Legacy links! Just thought I'd point that out
    :)
    edited December 1969

I tried to set things up so I could file bug reports, but it didn't seem to work correctly and I never received a confirmation email, so someone needs to file a bug report on filing bug reports. It may be because the site was having problems and required maintenance. This was a couple of days ago. I suppose I could try it again.

edited December 1969

I got a bug report filed to report the messed up links in to DAZ.

Also, will be heading to the New Orleans Comic Con on Friday or Sun. DAZ was at the last one in January, . I'm wondering if they did any updates for some of the con stuff. Last one they had some con only bundles (disks) and they updated some products to have MetaData just because they were in those bundles. So I may have some more updates to post if they updated some Genesis stuff or are in the process of updating stuff just for the con.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I tried to set things up so I could file bug reports, but it didn't seem to work correctly and I never received a confirmation email, so someone needs to file a bug report on filing bug reports. It may be because the site was having problems and required maintenance. This was a couple of days ago. I suppose I could try it again.

I tried in vain several times to set up a Mantis account, and like you, I never got a confirmation email. I finally stumbled over a forum posting mentioning that you can't have special characters in your email address. My ISP has a period in the domain name, so it would never work. I switched to a Gmail address and was successful.
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I purchased the M5/V5 bundle that was supposed to include the evolutions expressions pack with it. I noticed when I looked in the store that the Evolution Expressions has several expressions that I do not see in my Smart Panel at all.

I have checked the versions of my download and it is up to date.

Any thoughts?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    I purchased the M5/V5 bundle that was supposed to include the evolutions expressions pack with it. I noticed when I looked in the store that the Evolution Expressions has several expressions that I do not see in my Smart Panel at all.

Where are you looking for them? The Shaping tab or the Parameters tab? If the Shaping tab, try using the Parameters tab. They should be under Pose Controls on the head node in Genesis. There is a category for Expressions.
    edited December 1969

DAZ has fixed the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle so the Genesis Female Genitalia poser companion file links now download the correct file.

I added to the main list:

Crimson Nights for Onyx Male (1.0)
    Hiro 5 Hair (1.0)
    Moonshines Diner Exterior Poses (1.0)

i didn't make it to the comic convention last weekend so I don't know if any products got updated for that.

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

It looks like Addison (sku 14649) has been updated

Addison Victoria 4 installer v1.2
    Addison DSON Core installer v1.2
    Addison Legacy installer v1.1

Sorry don't use poser so don't know the CF file version

edited December 1969

Thanks kurisu2112.

Added & Updated 12-5-2012

Addison (1.2 DSON Core & V4 / 1.1 Poser CF) & Legacy) (Genesis / V4) (DSON)
    Casual Short Dress (1.1)
    Casual Short Dress Textures (1.1)
    Santa Baby (1.1) (DSON)
    Santa Baby Textures (1.1) (DSON)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Leather Jacket for Genesis (1.1) (DSON)