Wishlist Wiped

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
edited December 1969 in The Commons

My wishlist just got zeroed out, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Comments

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Mine is still there. (38 items)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

maybe it logged you out? the store and forums aren't always in sync with logins

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

No, it got wiped. I had made a purchase and the download hadn't been set properly for my account. Evidently when the download was reset, it wiped my wishlist at the same time somehow since they happened at the same time.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hmm, very strange. When I was confirming one part of the download issue I reset a couple of items, and when the problem was solved and the resets appeared in my availalbe donwloads, my wish list is still there. Admittedly I very rarely use it so only have 3 items in it, but they are still there.

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. So you're not alone. Fortunately my wishlist was small and I find my wants and needs change, so I was ok starting from scratch. But it's still annoying, and I would be especially annoyed if I had a really large wishlist.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Support told me that I had too many items in my wishlist (249). Put in a ticket and see if they can reset it for you.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I've had this happen before. When I wrote support they told me I had too many items on my wishlist. They told me it was an issue with their website. I just decided to do nothing. The problem was never fixed, and I started a new wishlist, keeping items about around 100.

edited November 2012

Hehe, well that was probably it ;)

I had over 500 when it went *poof* I have to say, I've had that many for a long time and never had a problem before. I mostly used it to keep track of things I was interested in for when they went on sale. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited November 2012

AtticAnne said:
    Support told me that I had too many items in my wishlist (249).

I have almost 800 (though a number are duplicates) and never had a problem. I know others have even more.
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing it might make things fragile and different people would get hit differently depending on their particular situation. The reset in my case is what triggered it probably.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited November 2012

Gedd said:
    I'm guessing it might make things fragile and different people would get hit differently depending on their particular situation. The reset in my case is what triggered it probably.

Sounds strange, since these two functions technically shouldn't be able to inferfere with each other. There must be one or more bugs somewhere.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

My Wishlist link is missing on the store pages, but is present on the forum pages, and is intact (only 18 items)

daz_wish_forum.PNG
    994 x 116 - 44K
    daz_wish_store.PNG
    993 x 109 - 43K
  • GranvilleGranville Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Support sent me a hardcopy of my wishlist before it was wiped. So I can keep it manually offline.

edited December 1969

Yes, actually I had a folder of links like that for offline. The main thing to keep in wishlist really are things actively being watched for going on sale, which is what I needed to pare mine down to anyways.