Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I so need this!

EVERYONE needs this ;)

(or so I hope LOL)

Rawn

I put money on my card so I could get some PC items, but now I want to go put some money on the card tomorrow to get this! I could image a scene where somebody is holding a head with its decapitated body in the background.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

Souljah01 said:
    Will this set work in DAZ 3? I'm so used to 3 and using V4. Obviously, I will have to move 'em to fit the parts but will this set load up correctly in 3?

The files will only work on genesis and are saved in the duf format so will not work in d/s3

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Souljah01 said:
    Will this set work in DAZ 3? I'm so used to 3 and using V4. Obviously, I will have to move 'em to fit the parts but will this set load up correctly in 3?

The files will only work on genesis and are saved in the duf format so will not work in d/s3

Will it work in 2012?

I saw a movie yesterday in theaters where there were at least several severed head scenes.

Severed heads could make cool scenes (well for horror type)

I need this! I need this now! but I have to wait till tomorrow.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Great stuff guys!

Just thought I should warn you all...if you thought this set was creepy...wait till you see my next release.
    It almost made me sick working on it ;)

And NO..there will be No warning thumbnails on the product page (cuz I am sooooo evil LOL)

Rawn

Cool and very good to hear.

This one has a bit of sort of gore.

cyber-limbs-1.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 490K
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    cosmo71 said:
    RawArt said:
    Not to be a pain but we need a violence tag. That was scary stuff.

*runs in fear*

I assumed a title like "Severed Man" should be a good indicator or potential grossness LOL

Rawn

cool product but a big WHY...WHY nobody has created such for the old but good M4 and V4????? I already work with these and not with genesis

Before geografting it would not have been as easy.
    With the versatility of genesis, it is the obvious choice for such a set, as it can be used with almost any morph and texture.

All I need are single bodyparts with some morphs not a whole body. I need upper arms, lower arms, hands, fingers, upper legs, lower legs, feeds, maybe hip and torso with morphs and a smart prop with morphs and texture that can be placed to the cut parts of the standard m4 and v4 body. that is all, single bodyparts with morphs on which I can appley textures but with a cut texture at the ends I need not a body that I can cut to pieces.

that I think is possible and may be a good product also for poser users.

edited December 1969

the thing is, that even I have all products needed to transform my v4 and m4 characters to genesis, they do not look like the original because my original selfmade characters are so unique I can`t get the similar result on genesis.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    the thing is, that even I have all products needed to transform my v4 and m4 characters to genesis, they do not look like the original because my original selfmade characters are so unique I can`t get the similar result on genesis.

not even saving them as cr2 files then using GenX on them?
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

not even saving them as cr2 files then using GenX on them?

nope...the genesis dixie is not exactly the old dixie even I have v4 for genesis and used genX

edited December 1969

there is a reason this was never done before for earlier figures...You would have to smart-prop each stump to each part for both m4 and v4 then manually add all the morphs to each stump, and in the end it would take so long that it would really not be worth the time.
    I wont say its impossible to do....but highly HIGHLY impractical.

Rawn

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    there is a reason this was never done before for earlier figures...You would have to smart-prop each stump to each part for both m4 and v4 then manually add all the morphs to each stump, and in the end it would take so long that it would really not be worth the time.
    I wont say its impossible to do....but highly HIGHLY impractical.

Rawn

Don't forget those UVs for each figure either, so you'd have to make two copies of everything... with two sets of morphs for each... and test all of it.

edited December 1969

yeah...that too LOL

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited November 2012

Has anyone tried this with V4 water nymph tail or a mertail? I was wondering how this would look with the legs removed and a water nymph tail or mertail autofit to Genesis. (If I understand this product right...it's a dissection...not just parts made invisible. If this assumption is incorrect, please let me know.)

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

It is a set of geografted end caps that get put on genesis to appear as severed limbs. The remaining aspects of genesis are made invisible through the geografting process.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:
    Has anyone tried this with V4 water nymph tail or a mertail? I was wondering how this would look with the legs removed and a water nymph tail or mertail autofit to Genesis. (If I understand this product right...it's a dissection...not just parts made invisible. If this assumption is incorrect, please let me know.)

I just tried, it is better in some ways but theres no real improvement, once the tail (V4 Mertail) is autofitted you loose alot of the movement, its still best to parent the tail.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2012

I am so looking forward to getting this! (have to wait, me) :)

....any chance there may be a hand/finger expansion possible someday? Or would that be... you know, just as impractical as doing a M4/V4 version?
    ( I know.... surprised that I want dismembered fingers myself, lol)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the speedy reply. :) You gave me a better understanding of what the product is. I'll most likely still get it even though it's not the dissected parts as I had thought.

edited December 1969

I am so looking forward to getting this! (have to wait, me) :)

....any chance there may be a hand/finger expansion possible someday? Or would that be... you know, just as impractical as doing a M4/V4 version?
    ( I know.... surprised that I want dismembered fingers myself, lol)

If the set does well enough, then an expansion may happen.
    But I have a bazillian other projects on the go, so it probably wont happen in the near future.

• N8DreamsN8Dreams Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Any chance you create that for (Poser) V4/M4 too?

edited December 1969

N8Dreams said:
    Any chance you create that for (Poser) V4/M4 too?

I addressed that here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11536/P60/#170447

Thanx

Rawn

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply!! Love your stuff! :)

• edited November 2012

Is there a way to get this product to work with the DSON Importer for Poser 2012? They made the Executioner compatible. it would be a shame if he had nothing to do :-)

Post edited by jamesschardt_1c3aa77b9c on
    edited December 1969

I just got Severed Man! I am hoping to play with it Friday or Saturday. Thank you for making it!

I am so glad I can make it severed woman. (I cannot discriminate after all)

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to get this product to work with the DSON Importer for Poser 2012? They made the Executioner compatible. it would be a shame if he had nothing to do :-)

The product IS DSONed already.

edited December 1969

My first severed head

severedhead.jpg
    784 x 800 - 160K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I think and hope this'll be ok and within the TOS ... something I had contemplated ever since I heard about this product:

Abandoned.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I think and hope this'll be ok and within the TOS ... something I had contemplated ever since I heard about this product:

Nice!
    It really does work nice for old broken statues

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    SimonJM said:

Nice!
    It really does work nice for old broken statues
    That was my first thought (though not my first use!) when I saw this product, so am rather happy it turned out as it did - tried a few stone-style shaders and found the best to be the V4 statue shaders as they provided the basic texture that I wanted - most others had, as default, too much bumpiness/displacement associated with them - maybe for a much, much older, eroded statue they'd have been ok.

• edited March 2013

WOW!! I think that this is great and useful and interesting and as it has been already said, it has much more potential that it may be seen or thought as first, and is NOT just for gore or scary things, as these can be used in many other different ways, like for statues, mannequins, sculptures, and also for using like mannequins with body parts still unarmed.

I have just made another thread for a great use of this awesome product to make hands sculptures

Hands sculptures made easy thanks to RawArt´s “Severed Man” and 3DCelebrity´s “Handy”

I have seen sometime ago some nice and interesting some sculptures that are done with ONLY hands and arms as you can see some examples in this google images search

Some images of 3D hand sculptures

and I was wondering how to make something like the first 5 images shown in the above google link, and so easily be able to have lots of isolated Hands, and hands with a part of an arm, as props to use them in making a sculpture like the ones shown on the Google images above

Well now thanks to the creative and well done work of RawArt´s we have now available well done body parts isolated and you can easily have only hands, or hands with a part of the arm, and so it would be very easy to build this kind of sculptures. And as this is for Genesis, you could have any kind of hands from any character and with different morphs, and not have only human hands, also animal hands, or monsters hands, or whatever.

AND to have different kind of poses of hands I found the great and awesome poses made by 3DCelebrity´s "Handy" that includes 40 Left and Right Hand Poses for Genesis

So with both I think you can make this kind of hands sculptures

So I have found a much artistic and different use for the RawArt´s body parts than just dead severed body or Zombie food :-)

hands_sculpture_2.jpg
    691 x 600 - 35K
    hand-and-wall-gesture-point-hands-walls-gestures.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K
    hands_sculpture.jpg
    400 x 267 - 51K
    Post edited by spaceray2005_e908957707 on
    edited December 1969

Very cool!
    I did include a sculpture picture in my product shots hoping people would catch the idea...I am glad to see the idea caught on :)

Rawn

• edited March 2013

RawArt said:
    Very cool!
    I did include a sculpture picture in my product shots hoping people would catch the idea...I am glad to see the idea caught on :)

Rawn

Glad you like it, and I think and suggest that you may modify your product promo and show even more different uses so you could sell more and not show this product as only a GORE and frightening product.

It has a very high potential and is MUCH more and beyond the gore and dead body parts, or be zombie, demons, monsters or animal food.

It is a pity and bad that many looking at the promo images could not buy this considering that this is only to be used in a gore scene.

I think from my personal point of view that if you have done this in hope to sell to a whole lot of people, it should perhaps be expanded and explained better in the product page and not only show it as a gore horror product.

Reading many of the comments on this thread, shows that it seems that many see this as an horror product and there is MUCH more than this.

I feel that the people would buy it much more if they are shown really all the amounts of possibilities and be explained much more in the product page

Why the product page text is SO short?

The sum of its parts is sometimes more than it's whole.

With this set you can explore all the separate parts of your Genesis figure.

Have a date with a guillotine?

Need some food for your zombie?

How about a battlefield amputation?

This set is designed to used with ANY texture that can be applied to Genesis, for maximum usability!

Bonus texture included with bloodied cuts, compatible with my "Good as Dead" texture sets

Sorry to say it and with the best intention:

Please, do you think that this text really shows the awesomeness and huge different possibilities that this product could be used for? I think not

Do you feel convinced and tempted to buy it after reading this and seeing the few promo images that all but one are showing the same thing? well, I don´t unless I want to buy this for zombie food or gore/horror scenes.

I wish and want the best for you that you can sell much of this great product and feel that if it is like this now it will be underrated and seen as a disturbing and horror product when it really can be MUCH more than that and here below there are 2 examples of non gore uses, and also the statue in the image here above in this same page

AND ALSO FOR ROBOTS

And if as said it can use any texture applied to Genesis it can be uses much more on many different ways and not only as bloody gore dead body parts as shown mainly in the promo, and could be also for robot parts like using the Bot Genesis

allbrokeup.jpg
    600 x 401 - 15K
    botcreation2.jpg
    353 x 500 - 17K
    Post edited by spaceray2005_e908957707 on