Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

Would they not then wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose to prevent it? I would think that if their breath causes irritation that it would also cause issues with equipment and such. For some reason I thought of Ensign Mendon and his breathing apparatus.

David

My thought was it would be a mild irritant, but continued exposure over time could cause damage. Kind of like an old keyboard gets shiny in all the places that get touched more, but with this species it would be somewhat more pronounced.

If they were to lay hands on a human, it would be a reaction like poison ivy. Some people wouldn't be too irritated, some would have a profound reaction.

edited December 1969

I finally got to use Mylochka's Spock hair.

Lt Sirak

Vulcan.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 164K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Would they not then wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose to prevent it? I would think that if their breath causes irritation that it would also cause issues with equipment and such. For some reason I thought of Ensign Mendon and his breathing apparatus.

David

My thought was it would be a mild irritant, but continued exposure over time could cause damage. Kind of like an old keyboard gets shiny in all the places that get touched more, but with this species it would be somewhat more pronounced.

If they were to lay hands on a human, it would be a reaction like poison ivy. Some people wouldn't be too irritated, some would have a profound reaction.

True. But I would think Starfleet would err on the side of caution and eliminate any possible irritants. Just my 2 cents. Deltans come to mind for similar situations with the celibacy oath.

edited December 1969

TimG said:

David

True. But I would think Starfleet would err on the side of caution and eliminate any possible irritants. Just my 2 cents. Deltans come to mind for similar situations with the celibacy oath.

they are on a regimen of alkalizing breath mints

edited December 1969

L.O.L.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    i had a bit of time today so i converted blue beatles m4 cardassian textures and bunp maps to v4 then i toot the whole thing into the morph tools room and sculp5ted a bit of a morph to enhansw the effect of the bump maps

blue beatle pm me please

enjoy

is that morph available :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Just saw this - http://www.sharecg.com/v/53437/gallery/11/Poser/V3-Pressure-Helmet - I have not opened it up and looked at it but it looks like it could be a trekish space helmet.

edited December 1969

Cool. Any word on that redux Daedalus?

David

edited December 1969

Cool. Any word on that redux Daedalus?

David

None yet. I have emailed and PM'ed at DA with no word back yet.

edited December 1969

Bummer. Was hoping for a nice birthday present today...

David

edited November 2012

Bummer. Was hoping for a nice birthday present today...

David

The model is in OBJ format here - http://jamietakahashi.deviantart.com/

Along with his Avenger Class and the fighter

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

Testing out an outfit, everything is as it should be...yes the pin is correct for the Admiral's uniform.

3/4th the way done on the MU Graphic novel.

The outfit is part of the Space Defender series at RuntimeDNA.

click for a bigger image.

dress_uniform1.jpg
    1025 x 939 - 433K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I love the whole Retro/Latex look to this uniform, what a way to blaze a new trail.

edited December 1969

Fire One

fire-one-sml.jpg
    1400 x 806 - 211K
    edited December 1969

Love this image Moto, great effect on the Proton Torpedo.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The model is in OBJ format here - http://jamietakahashi.deviantart.com/

Along with his Avenger Class and the fighter

I think I've looked everywhere obvious, but all I can find there are his WIP pics — no sign of model downloads. I must be overlooking something, but I can't figure out what. :red:
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

They're right on his profile page, in the journal entry. Not where I would have looked either. :)

edited December 1969

Love this image Moto, great effect on the Proton Torpedo.

Thanks, getting that effect took a lot of trial and error in Photoshop :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    They're right on his profile page, in the journal entry. Not where I would have looked either. :)

Argh — how do I get these docs.google.com links to work? I keep getting asked for a password. <headdesk>
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2012

jerriecan said:

Argh — how do I get these docs.google.com links to work? I keep getting asked for a password. <headdesk>

I just clicked on the word "file" under the Name of the item and near the bottom of the list of options is the word "download".

And/or if the page is open full, at the far right of each item is a little down arrow which when clicked on presents a couple of options for that one item ... one can save it to their google page [would need to sign in for that option] or 'download'.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

COOL! Thanks for taking the time it took to convert these poser to non DAZ figures.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Any freebie TNG or TMP era bridges?

edited December 1969

There are tons of props and bridge sets at ShareCG. Try doing a search fro star trek there first when you are looking for freebies it will save you a lot of time waiting for an answer here.

edited December 1969

on the first page of this topic, there are links to all sorts of free stuff

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

First page of this thread, check it out..it has a few.

And with a bit of converting with sketchup. The sketchup warehouse has a lot of sets that may be utilized. It's just a mater of colouring the sets to suit your needs.

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to seeing all of those!

edited December 1969

Is anyone else having issues with attachments showing up? I thought it was a log-in issue, but I'm logged in and they dont show up. They showed up this morning after I logged in the first time, but have not showed up since. Only thing I know that changed was that Adobe Flash player was updated.

David

This discussion has been closed.