My second project...Hulk vs the Zombie Apocalypse

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited November 2012 in New Users

So this is my second true project. After doing a few renders based on the Fiery Tutorial, I jumped head first into the type of work I have wanted to do for years! Thank you DAZ! I love this program (despite my constant crashes and plugin issues)

So this render is straight from DAZ with no photoshop work applied (yet!) This is also the semi-clean version. I have a different version that shows the female torso fully nude. I wanted to apply lots of blood and purchased Gore-Dom but it doesn't work with Genesis or DAZ 4.5 as I thought it would. Oh well.

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately we can't allow the image, particularly given the lack of content filters on the forum. If you post to a site such as Deviant Art, with the appropriate filters set, you can edit your post to include a link.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Really? Can you please explain why? The nudity was hidden according to the guidelines in the forum. Blood and zombies are not allowed either?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Certainly not blood and dismembered corpses, especially in the absence of content filters (though dismemberment would be pretty extreme even if we could tag posts for violence).

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I was drawn to this thread wondering what to expect. The Hulk is a very cool character and at the moment the zombie apocalypse idea seems to be in full swing, so it's very current.

Would certainly like to see a link to the pic on DeviantArt.

I have to say though, since this is a family-friendly site it's bound to have tight regulations about what content it will allow, and although sometimes some artists bend the rules a bit they never get allowed to be broken. One of the reasons I love the site really.

Look forward to seeing this though :D

edited December 1969

Sorry for my confusion. It is definitely not my intention to cause offense to anyone. I used the severed body parts pack to make this and it shows the graphic nature of those pieces in the store itself, so I didn't realize that it would be a problem.

I have created a couple new versions with the mature content settings over at deviantart.

Here is the original (PG-13 rated) one with the anatomy creatively cloaked:

http://geminii23.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5mju0h

And here is the new (NC-17) version with nothing left to the imagination:

http://geminii23.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5mj94r

I would love to know what people think of these, since this is my first attempt (aside from the Fiery Genesis tutorial) at using DAZ or doing 3D art. I also plan on doing a Zombie series of artwork using all manner of characters both comic and otherwise.

Thanks.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2012

There were exceptions and a firestorm over those for that limbs pack...

Hulk SMASH!!!! puny zombie.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I think it looks great actually. Good example of comic art and what can be achieved with a creative imagination.

Well done, looking forward to seeing more. Added to favourites :D

edited December 1969

I think it looks great actually. Good example of comic art and what can be achieved with a creative imagination.

Well done, looking forward to seeing more. Added to favourites :D

Thanks. I am really loving DAZ! I have a ton of ideas now for a whole Zombie Apocalypse series!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Both versions are Darn good. Just a bit much for DAZ3D until we get the Content Flags back. Even what I think of as my tame renders are not TOS friendly right now. DA link in my Sig.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Both versions are Darn good. Just a bit much for DAZ3D until we get the Content Flags back. Even what I think of as my tame renders are not TOS friendly right now. DA link in my Sig.

Thanks for the compliment!

I have been checking out your work. Really awesome stuff! I have so much to learn still!

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Thanks for the compliment!

I have been checking out your work. Really awesome stuff! I have so much to learn still!

Thank you for the Compliment. Your work is Very Awesome as well. Your better than you give yourself credit for.
    edited December 1969

I sent you a PM but I am not sure it went through. I wanted to see if you or anyone else could help me out with something.

I have been posting on the forums regarding the Gore-Dom plugin but can not seem to get any assistance from the vendor. I had hoped to use this plugin to apply more realistic blood on both the corpse and the Hulk himself (I did the blood in photoshop which was really time consuming).

In the store it says that the Grunge shaders pack was compatible with DAZ studio 4.5 but it clearly is not. Unless I am somehow not using it correctly.

Do you have any experience with this plugin or installing and using custom shaders?

Thanks in advance!

edited December 1969

Covered Now I hope.