Creating Toon Generation conforming clothes..... need a little help.

ba_aca2a9241dba_aca2a9241d Posts: 55
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Well I decided to take the plunge and try something new for the ToonGen, a clothes set, Roman style. It's not done, but it is a start. I've modeled the first items for the Romans, as you can see in the image. Plans for clothes are a soldier & officer, toga for men & dress for women. If I can pull that off, I will add some buildings as well. The soldier will of course have a shield and spear and the officer a sword. The image is a preview, nothing set in stone yet.

As you can see in the image the modeling for the first clothes is going well, but it's not conforming at the moment. I've hardly got any experience in modeling clothes and even less in getting the model clothes conformed. The only time I did that was over 2 years ago, using PhilC's Obj2cr plugin. I've noticed that the template for the ToonGen is missing, so using obj2cr2 will be a challenge. I have to write the template myself and after reading through the procedure I'm not really hopefull, my brain doesn't take it a
ll in.

Here's the question, how did others that created clothes for the ToonGen get them conformed for ToonGen? Does anyone else perhaps have the template for obj2cr2 that I can use or buy if needed? Perhaps there are any other similar tools that work well with ToonGen? Suggestions are welcome. I've tried doing it in the setup room in Posrr, but I messed up big time, too much to handle for me. I'd prefer a tool like obj2cr2.

By the way, I'm using Poser Pro 2012, got D/S4 but haven't gotten around learning it. The modeling was done with Hexagon 2.5 and I'm going to do the rest of the work in Poser 2012. Usually I'm not modeling clothes at all, only props, but the request are so many, so I decided to give it a try. If I can manage all this, the ToonGen users will be very happy and I may be able to do different clothing sets as well.

Post edited by ba_aca2a9241d on

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited June 2012

3D Toons said:
    Well I decided to take the plunge and try something new for the ToonGen, a clothes set, Roman style. It's not done, but it is a start. I've modeled the first items for the Romans, as you can see in the image. Plans for clothes are a soldier & officer, toga for men & dress for women. If I can pull that off, I will add some buildings as well. The soldier will of course have a shield and spear and the officer a sword. The image is a preview, nothing set in stone yet.

As you can see in the image the modeling for the first clothes is going well, but it's not conforming at the moment. I've hardly got any experience in modeling clothes and even less in getting the model clothes conformed. The only time I did that was over 2 years ago, using PhilC's Obj2cr plugin. I've noticed that the template for the ToonGen is missing, so using obj2cr2 will be a challenge. I have to write the template myself and after reading through the procedure I'm not really hopefull, my brain doesn't take it a
    ll in.

Here's the question, how did others that created clothes for the ToonGen get them conformed for ToonGen? Does anyone else perhaps have the template for obj2cr2 that I can use or buy if needed? Perhaps there are any other similar tools that work well with ToonGen? Suggestions are welcome. I've tried doing it in the setup room in Posrr, but I messed up big time, too much to handle for me. I'd prefer a tool like obj2cr2.

By the way, I'm using Poser Pro 2012, got D/S4 but haven't gotten around learning it. The modeling was done with Hexagon 2.5 and I'm going to do the rest of the work in Poser 2012. Usually I'm not modeling clothes at all, only props, but the request are so many, so I decided to give it a try. If I can manage all this, the ToonGen users will be very happy and I may be able to do different clothing sets as well.

I used obj->cr2 for a couple of years. It's painfully limited when compared to using these two tools in conjunction:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/autogroup-editor---the-advanced-group-editor-for-poser-clothes-modelers/21081

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/quickconform-3-0-/56097

The base figure works as template. You could make a bodysuit for an octopus.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • ba_aca2a9241dba_aca2a9241d Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

I've been looking at those as well. Do they transfer morphs that a figure has build in into the clothing, just as obj2cr2 does? How about shoes/boots? Obj2cr2 does handle them, can these tools handle shoes as well?

edited December 1969

3D Toons said:
    I've been looking at those as well. Do they transfer morphs that a figure has build in into the clothing, just as obj2cr2 does? How about shoes/boots? Obj2cr2 does handle them, can these tools handle shoes as well?

My experience was that philc's script handled scale dials, not morphs.

edited December 1969

Oh, that could be right, scale dials. I know that with Chip the dials that deal with beefy, muscular and so on were carried over into the clothes, do autogroup and quickconform do the same?

edited December 1969

3D Toons said:
    Oh, that could be right, scale dials. I know that with Chip the dials that deal with beefy, muscular and so on were carried over into the clothes, do autogroup and quickconform do the same?

Do these dials do anything when spun?

Yes, they'll make shoes.

edited December 1969

I figured it out by now. The mophs were transfered later on after the conforming had been done. It has been over 2 years I did model clothes, but it is slowly coming back. Thanks for the advice given, I followed the links, got the tools and they work great. I only had to dig up my old three button mouse, been using a trackball which lacks that.