The DAZ SuperSuit Render Thread: the thread that never wuz...

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited November 2012 in The Commons

I searched and searched for one, and it seemz it never wuz!

Anyway, The reason I bought the SuperSuit in the first place: the TROOPER preset! That was it! That's what sold me! I had no clue it also came with a spare simplesuit... which I've also used :)
Larger version here: http://wancow.deviantart.com/#/d5mh0ca
The second one is actually the first render I ever did of the Trooper... I didn't have the boots at the time...
and here http://wancow.deviantart.com/art/Troopers-340107033
In both cases, the guns were downloaded from ShareCG.com and made by MCDLabs

Some jerk with a bad attitude made the mech... I forget who...

Speaking of which, almost all the materials on the mech came from the SuperSuit Presets! They are pretty spectacular, IMHO.

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I liked the neon preset and did first render with that one

522-neongirl.jpg
    500 x 800 - 111K
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

With the hoopla attached to the release of the supersuit, I really thought this would be a popular item with many people making designs for it, but I have seen very little use of it here or at any of the freebie sites.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

My work....

Trauma-02.png
    615 x 800 - 1022K
    Wraith-03.png
    615 x 800 - 951K
    Trauma-00.jpg
    615 x 800 - 91K
    Wraith.jpg
    615 x 800 - 109K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited November 2012

wancow said:
    ..The reason I bought the SuperSuit in the first place: the TROOPER preset! That was it! That's what sold me!...

That's the same reason I bought it :)

The mech looks nice btw.. you have it out someplace?

As for the thread, have you looked at the 'Who wants to render a superhero?' I believe that is the closest to one for the supersuit?

The neon shader looks like it would be good for doing some building pieces, etc... I haven't taken the time to play with the supersuit but the shaders are usable on any surface pretty much aren't they?

Nice images everyone :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Gedd, yes, the mech is here:
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/battle-mech-poser-3d-model/245740
    Back from when I wuz something more than I am now... just saw I still have my SE5a up there for an expensive price... should probably make that free as well...

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

I think I have some renders....

SuperHero002.jpg
    500 x 569 - 157K
    scarybasement001.jpg
    500 x 569 - 164K
    GreenLizard0001.jpg
    500 x 708 - 265K
    BlueShodowHunter0001b.jpg
    770 x 877 - 436K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

Snazzy work, guys!

wancow said:
    I searched and searched for one, and it seemz it never wuz!
    Here's the original SuperSuit Render thread. :coolsmile:

With the hoopla attached to the release of the supersuit, I really thought this would be a popular item with many people making designs for it, but I have seen very little use of it here or at any of the freebie sites.

Innovative and excellent as the Genesis SuperSuit is, there are some issues that (from what I heard) made it less modder-friendly: the bells'n'whistles SuperSuit doesn't have panty-line mat-zones and divisions needed for so many super-hero (and especially super-heroine) costumes, and there's apparently some issue with even creating transmaps for that. And although there was a basic version of the suit included, it had UV problems that I don't think were ever fixed.
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

My Trooper

Green_Trooper.jpg
    247 x 600 - 21K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I found the Supersuit Render Thread That Was: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/201/ Some great images there. I'm happy to see a new active one, though. I've used the Supersuit a bunch of times so far...sometimes in unusual ways, which is even more fun...such a versatile item!

First one was making fun of the price confusion that accompanied the release of the Supersuit, which came when the new store was in its infancy and was having all kinds of problems. All the prices on the wheel were seen connected with the Supersuit Pro Bundle upon its release... All three characters (excluding Aiden, the doll) are wearing the Supersuit.

In the next image, the fast food clown character is wearing the Supersuit (even his wig) and additional clothing items, Supersuit shaders were used on various items including the collar of the Magus jacket that the king character is wearing, and the king also has the Super Cape on.

trickortreat2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 435K
    lemonade2d.jpg
    800 x 800 - 483K
    edited December 1969

Greycat said:
    My Trooper

Graycat, I've been thinking on making a new helmet attatchment myself. Did you make that one? It's fantastic!

edited December 1969

I found the Supersuit Render Thread That Was: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/201/ Some great images there. I'm happy to see a new active one, though.

Thank you! That makes me feel better! Anyway, I'm bigtime enjoying people's work...

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Gedd, yes, the mech is here:
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/battle-mech-poser-3d-model/245740
    Back from when I wuz something more than I am now... just saw I still have my SE5a up there for an expensive price... should probably make that free as well...

Thank you wancow, that mech looks like it'd be fun to retexture and play with :)

edited November 2012

Don't be so sure about that... I was never good at making UVMaps... you'll see what I mean when you look at the UVS for that thing :)
    I just applied SuperSuit shaders to give it that look in the image above... and they work VERY well...

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Well that's just part of the fun, remapping in Blender ;)

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Greycat said:
    My Trooper

Graycat, I've been thinking on making a new helmet attatchment myself. Did you make that one? It's fantastic!

The helmet is from Bodywear by Davo.
    http://www.powerfusion3d.com/BodyWear.html
    I retextured it using the same shader as was use on the supersuit

Trooper_Helmet.jpg
    600 x 600 - 36K
    edited December 1969

There's a V3 flight suit that has a jet fighter helmet iirc.

edited December 1969

What I really want to do is make a faceplate/visor for this settup on the SuperSuit...

FemaleTrooper.jpg
    473 x 591 - 56K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

I really had to have the supersuit cause it looked so cool and had all the possibilities and stuff, but i have to admit i haven't even used it once so far.
    But really, the shaders alone have been more than worth the money, i use them all the time.

gone_clubbing.png
    618 x 800 - 834K
    edited December 1969

You are so not kidding about the shaders... the Black Rhino is nearly impossible to texture with its UVS the way they are... and those shaders made it look good!

Nice work on that!

edited December 1969

This is what I was thinking of wancow re: you're faceplate/visor. It's on sale for 3 days.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    What I really want to do is make a faceplate/visor for this settup on the SuperSuit...

Here’s a little something I tried. Using the “eyes” section of the supersuit, gave everything a gold color, and reduced the opacity strength to 60 percent. I did the same thing to the eyes in the Headgear to hide the eyeholes in the facemask.

Helmet_try_2.jpg
    440 x 600 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Another try

Helmet_try_3.jpg
    412 x 600 - 33K