I can't see any character in my DAZ 4,5

Alcinoo67Alcinoo67 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello to all of you. Probably I can't understand how to work with this new software (for me)

I have bought and installed DAZ 4.5

Then I've bought and installed Victoria 4.2 base but.... I can't see her. I don't understand how to load a character in DAZ

I feel me a little stupid....

Is there a simple way to load characters?

Excuse my poor english and thanks to all

Comments

• Alcinoo67Alcinoo67 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have forgot to indicate that I use Mac OS 64 bit

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Look under Poser Formats...she should be there.

edited December 1969

I've found the .cr2 file but it says that "The Victoria 4" support folder could not be found.
    and I can't do anything...

edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of your content folders?

Navigate to the My Library location and just expand the tree...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Did you run all of the installers? Did you install to a folder that you have selected as a Poser content directory (one that appears listed under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane)?

edited December 1969

I've installed all the files of Victoria but I didn't choose any folder. The Installer make it himself.

Anyway, this is a screenshot of the DAZ folder in my documents folder:

Schermata.jpg
    1292 x 1126 - 651K
    edited December 1969

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

Because it looks like you are missing most of your DS4.x content...but that's a separate issue.

Can you expand the Runtime > Libraries folder under Studio3?

And in your Content Directory Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager) expand the sections and post a screenshot of that.

edited December 1969

And Content appears in DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Library pane (Window>Panes>Content Library)? If so, can you expand the Runtime>Libraries folder, and the !DAZ folder that should be in that (which should contain a Victoria 4 folder, which is the "Support folder" DS wants).

edited December 1969

...normally MacOs installs automatically his files... I'm going to think that it's not so simple...

Schermata3.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 366K
    Schermata2.jpg
    1286 x 1121 - 600K
    edited December 1969

I haven't installed Genesis Starter essentials. Is it necessary?

edited November 2012

I can't change my nickname in this forum also..... I begin to feel me seriously stupid....

Post edited by Alcinoo67 on
    edited December 1969

You need to add the Studio 3\Content folder as a Poser content directory - if you open the Content Library pane you can do that by right-clicking (or control-clicking on the Mac) on the Poser Formats heading and selecting Add Runtime Directory. Then you will find the icon for loading V4 under Poser Formats>Content>Figures>DAZ People, and the error should go away.

On your user name, please PM me with your email, and the username you'd like to use - give a couple of options in case your first choice is taken.

edited December 1969

BINGO!!!

Now I must only load the props (business 25) that I bought together....but this is another step!
    My ignorance has no limits!

edited December 1969

With the main folders mapped properly, it should be easy to get the rest installed...

And, not, it's not absolutely necessary, but very highly recommended to install the Genesis Starter Essentials, as that has all the 'built in content' in it.

edited December 1969

Many thanks to all. Now I can work.... (I want to use DAZ3D only to compose the body, then I render abitually in Cinema 4d - Vray. In this case I need human legs to show the ergonomics power of the product I'm illustrating...)

Many centuries ago I used poser (i think version 4) but It was a pc version.

to mjc1016: I've tried to search the product but there thousands of files named Genesis starter. Which is the right one?

Can you post me a link?

edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials should have been one of the installers with DAZ Studio 4.5