Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

It is interesting to see how the skin and the shape of a figure's head reflects the light.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited November 2012

That it is,

I think that's down to IDL and the way it works with the environment sphere. Well, that and EZ Skin 2's procedural specular and other trickery. Ordinary IBL's can leave things looking a bit flat.

Below is Marie's 'Dark' texture, in actuality, it's the same texture as before only the .mc6 loads a different diffuse colour. In that lighting though I can't really tell much difference.

CHEERS!

V5_Marie_Pose_Test_02.jpg
    588 x 600 - 119K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited November 2012

Danae's girls like my lights too!

Though, that said, Rio does look a wee bit green. Must be something she ate!

The reason I'm doing all these test renders is that I'm assessing which textures work well with the light set up and EZ Skin 2 before I commit drive space and memory to doing a full scene with them. Plus you guys can assess them too.

CHEERS!

V5_Rio_Pose_Test.jpg
    588 x 600 - 108K
    V5_Dublin_Pose_Test.jpg
    588 x 600 - 104K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Ok i took some time and redid the character profile . the other one i added with my picture was done super quick . (I just thought the girl looked like a character from a game and wanted to do a profile sheet like they do in the game before a fight)

I'm leaving the hastily put together one up just for reference.

Misty_Valentine_select_jpg2.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 693K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow this thread is taking off with wonderful renders! Great work everyone! :)

@Rogerbee - Hey, I was wondering if Daz got back to you about the genesis eye surface? You've got me very interested in a product or update for that :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited November 2012

Rogerbee said:
    Lucky you,

We have Phil C's Wardrobe Wizard, which does much the same thing, and now has support for the DSON'ed Genesis. Anyway, this should be more about the art than "I've got, you've got..".

Keep it coming...(The art that is! LOL!)

CHEERS!

...bugger, I keep forgetting about that.

...oh, and Reality/Lux, I actually have it for Daz and after trying to use it, ended up relegating it to the "virtual hall closet" as I am not about to spend all that time dealing with so bloody much tweaking and waiting to produce what I can with my old Ricoh SLR and a roll of high speed Ektachorme.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2012

Ok i took some time and redid the character profile . the other one i added with my picture was done super quick . (I just thought the girl looked like a character from a game and wanted to do a profile sheet like they do in the game before a fight)

I'm leaving the hastily put together one up just for reference.

Very nice, I love all the shading, that's proper Manga/Anime.

Spyro said:
    Wow this thread is taking off with wonderful renders! Great work everyone! :)

@Rogerbee - Hey, I was wondering if Daz got back to you about the genesis eye surface? You've got me very interested in a product or update for that :)

I've been in cahoots with Phil W regarding this, and, he has a product that addresses it which has been greenlit by Daz. I'm waiting for him to put together a beta so I can test it.

Watch this space.........

...bugger, I keep forgetting about that.

...oh, and Reality/Lux, I actually have it for Daz and after trying to use it, ended up relegating it to the "virtual hall closet" as I am not about to spend all that time dealing with so bloody much tweaking and waiting to produce what I can with my old Ricoh SLR and a roll of high speed Ektachorme.

Heheh, I haven't tried WW yet,

Reality 3 looks really good, I just wish we didn't have to wait till March for it.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Just seen the latest release from Daz, it's My Little Pony! Seriously!?

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

LOL Roger. Kyoto I don't get all the Lux bashing its not hard to use. Yesterday I tried rendering my 1st 3 Delight scene after a hairstyle I though was not going to work reality (figured it out afterwards) It just does not give me the same results again this is how *I* feel not trying to impose anything....Outside spindrift

8229303554_ac307a3a0c_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 193K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 226K
    edited November 2012

The kiss

Getting down *Suggestive* http://fav.me/d5mldek

Intimate *Nudity* http://fav.me/d5mldee

Interrupted *Nudity suggestive* http://fav.me/d5mlddz

800 x 426 - 86K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 65K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

I love reality/lux just cant use it anymore :(
    since I cant afford the version that works with ds 4+
    and I dont use ds3 anymore.

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

I didn't think Reality was that expensive, the version for Poser that launches in March is only $60 as far as I recall.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Are you sure you've got all the shaders set up right for Reality!? Your textures all look pretty basic, as though no shaders were actually loaded. It looks like DS did when you didn't assign all the shaders in that.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

I sent my machine for re formatting did not bother with installing 3 when it got back

edited November 2012

Rogerbee said:

Are you sure you've got all the shaders set up right for Reality!? Your textures all look pretty basic, as though no shaders were actually loaded. It looks like DS did when you didn't assign all the shaders in that.

CHEERS!

No everything is at it should be its a really pale skin tone its prolly the darker mood lighting again you don't see it right if you click on link for full size

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    MotoTsume said:

I didn't think Reality was that expensive, the version for Poser that launches in March is only $60 as far as I recall.

CHEERS!

60 dollars right now would mean one month without groceries

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

No everything is at it should be its a really pale skin tone its prolly the darker mood lighting again you don't see it right if you click on link for full size

Even at full size the textures don't look that detailed. I guess you don't use very complex textures in the first place. If you look at Paolo's promos for Reality 3, he used the Danae Dublin texture and it looks amazing. What are the render settings for Lux, have you checked them? From what I can see from your renders they look like Poser or DS would with the most basic settings loaded.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Rogerbee said:
    MotoTsume said:

CHEERS!

60 dollars right now would mean one month without groceries

Ouch, sorry,

I didn't realise your financial situation was that bad. I've been on social security since 2001 and do get enough money to get by and finance a hobby.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

Even at full size the textures don't look that detailed. I guess you don't use very complex textures in the first place. If you look at Paolo's promos for Reality 3, he used the Danae Dublin texture and it looks amazing. What are the render settings for Lux, have you checked them? From what I can see from your renders they look like Poser or DS would with the most basic settings loaded.

CHEERS!

All materials NEED to be adjusted its most likely cause I dont fart around with maps.

edited December 1969

Gotcha,

If you're happy with that then carry on, the renders have their distinctive style. I always try to push the envelope and will when I get Reality.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Gotcha,

If you're happy with that then carry on, the renders have their distinctive style. I always try to push the envelope and will when I get Reality.

CHEERS!

Well as you know playing with maps adding bump ect will sometimes significantly add to render times. I produce 500 plus render stories and get commission projects at the same time so Lux allows me to do this with 1/2 decent quality. Since you are into map tweaking you will get some really nice results!

edited December 1969

Hmm,

With that kind of workload, I can see how quick and easy would win every time. On a good day, if I've nothing else to do, I could do six at a push. I probably could do more if I felt like it, but then I wouldn't have time to post them!

Keep 'em coming, it pays the bills!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

quick render - playing with some light setups and some postwork techniques

p-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 181K
    edited December 1969

Roger here are some comparisons using the same sets DS lights vs Lux all created more or less the same way

DS LDP2 http://fav.me/d48hg8x Luxrender http://fav.me/d5hn3lq

DS lighting http://fav.me/d3iq2s1 Luxrender http://fav.me/d5m75dm

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...It's not so much bashing as it is I am still not totally convinced with Lux.

Part of my issue is that you need a lot of "horsepower" to really take advantage of what it can do. Or wait a very very long time (provided the process doesn't stall or crash). If the results are not what you expected or hoped for, that's a lot of time wasted.

From what I gather, to get good "photorelaistic" looking skin tones with Lux (as with any photo real render engine) it requires making a lot of minute adjustments to shaders, specularity, bump, AO, and SSS. and performing time consuming test renders. For some that isn't an issue, for others with limited time it is.

Personally speaking, I find the latest release of 3Delight to be amazing. Even rendering with Lantios or Cloud 9 takes noticeably less time than older versions of the render engine and produces excellent results. With just standard Daz lighting and mapped shadows, I've had fairly high quality (non photo real) renders complete in just around a minute or two that used to take upwards of a half hour or more in older versions of the application..

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    quick render - playing with some light setups and some postwork techniques

Interesting, what effect were you going for!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Roger here are some comparisons using the same sets DS lights vs Lux all created more or less the same way

DS LDP2 http://fav.me/d48hg8x Luxrender http://fav.me/d5hn3lq

DS lighting http://fav.me/d3iq2s1 Luxrender http://fav.me/d5m75dm

Based on those, the Daz LDP2 looks the best. If you're not going to adjust anything in Lux then you might as well not bother and just use LDP2.

CHEERS!

edited November 2012

Here's a couple more Poser UE renders,

Axel International and Yanneks' Sol. Both of these were designed to look good with UE so it's no surprise they look good now.

CHEERS!

PS (It's the same head as I forgot to change the morph!)

M5_Sol_Pose_Test.jpg
    588 x 600 - 136K
    M5_Axel_Pose_Test_01.jpg
    588 x 600 - 133K
This discussion has been closed.