BIG ERROR on Deltas Morphs++ in DS4.5

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ok, the situation:

My self created character Dixie was created in DS3.1.xx and saved as scene.

I got ds4.5 pro 64bit and after some sceptisim I decided to work with this program,

I load my in DS 3 created scene (dixie) into ds4.5 and saved it as scene under so it is a duf.file. So far so good. The figure and the program worked quite well, no problems and I have done a lot of scenes. I also loaded and merged other scenes created in ds 3 (characters) into ds 4.5 and saved them so they also became duf.files and all are working quite well UNTIL NOW:

I have bought some new characters for v4 and created some new v4 characters in ds4.5 and saved as scene and they work

but then I after working with some of these new v4 characters I clear the scene and load my Dixie .duf file and the BIG ERROR accours.

no deltas, no morphs++ (see first image) with the notice that files in this scene are missing.

I restarted the pc, started ds4.5 and loaded the dixie.duf scene

now the body is okay but the face has no morphs++

I had to run down the pc (not only restard it) and after that the Dixie.duf file works quite well as allways. everything fine.

Now I do it the other way. I closed the Dixie.duf scene and loaded one of the new v4 characters created in ds4.5 and...guess...

no deltas, no morphs++ (see first image) with the notice that files in this scene are missing

and the simple v4 figure with just pose and texture was loaded but without morphs++

I injected morphs++ new and the figure worked and I saved it new.

But after this load the dixie.duf new and guess:

no deltas, no morphs++ (see first image) with the notice that files in this scene are missing

WHAT THE HELL...AND WHAT BIG SHIT IS IT????

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Big question...what operating system is this on?

Next, slightly smaller...where is the content installed? (full path)

It looks like somehow you are dropping scene data or DS isn't reading the correct content directories.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Big question...what operating system is this on?

Next, slightly smaller...where is the content installed? (full path)

It looks like somehow you are dropping scene data or DS isn't reading the correct content directories.

well, until yesterday all worked fine. I haven`t changed anything. I haven`t installed my windows 7 64 bit system new nor have installed ds4.5 new nor do other things except creating a new V4 character in ds4.5 that was all I have done and since than I have this error.

and while yesterday it worked after run down the pc this doesn´t work right anymore. have just done it and my dixie.duf file has erros on deltas.

It is a ds4.5 problem and nothing else

edited November 2012

Update:

after loading the dixie.duf file (after restarting the pc) the morphs++ for the face were missing and some other deltas on shoulders and that on all dixie.duf scenes I have checked (have different versions of dixie). I just inject the morphs++ to one of them new and save only this file as .duf. and then I checked the other dixie.duf files that had errors before and o wonder all are okay without doing anything on these files.

Notice: I haven`t done anything before than creating a new V4 character. I haven`t installed anything depending on morphs++ or so or done anything else on the content (except adding the files for the new characters but these have own folders) and that has nothing to do with this error issue because it worked all fine until I created new character.

It is like for some reason files are postponed in some way when using a former ds3 scene or a ds4 scene with v4 and morphs++ or it has something to do with the assets.

my dixie.duf will now work until I load one of the new character scenes. but when loading one of these new character scenes this new character scene will also not work right until I reinject morphs++

it is like you have to decide to work with a former ds3 transformed to a ds 4 character scene or with a new ds4 character scene.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

By the way... I never had such problem in ds3

edited November 2012

it seems I have to create my characters in ds3 to work with them in ds4.5 so my favorite dixie character will work correctly in ds4.5 in the future

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 19,560
    edited November 2012

Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

Post edited by Fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

Can you clear the log file (just delete the current one should be in Users/Application Data//Application Data/Daz 3D/Studio4/log.txt), then start DS and load the problem scene? Then copy and paste any errors?

edited December 1969

it is all under studio 3/content/runtime as all of my content is and as I have written it worked. I have unzipped my new characters to the correct folders nothing else done and when using these files (morphs) included for body and face, the old dixie.duf file will not work next. so what can be the problem? that also happens if I inject the body or face morph to a dixie character in a dixie.duf file.

there must be difference between a v4 character created in ds3 and saved new in ds4.5 and a v4 character totally created in ds4.5 and this difference is the problem, nothing else

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    it is all under studio 3/content/runtime as all of my content is and as I have written it worked.

What is the FULL path for that folder?

edited December 1969

please tell me what this path has to do with my problem? and if I delte it as written above what should be the result? I think maybe my dixie.duf files will load correcty but when using the new v4 character morphs the next time the problem will be the same.

edited December 1969

I'm done here...if you aren't going to provide the requested info, then don't expect any help.

I can think of about half a dozen different things that could be, in some measure, contributing to this...and without the info Mike and I asked for, I might as well be throwing darts in a pitch black room.

edited November 2012

Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

here it is but I do not understand what you want with this informations.

everything is where everything has to be.

the name is allways the same, no error on this

daz_big_error_on_morphs++_3.jpg
    1192 x 644 - 130K
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I'm done here...if you aren't going to provide the requested info, then don't expect any help.

I can think of about half a dozen different things that could be, in some measure, contributing to this...and without the info Mike and I asked for, I might as well be throwing darts in a pitch black room.

well my friend, I really do not understand why path names or files like morphs++ or datas in saved files (currently not used) get lost when working on a whole different scene. that is the problem.

log file or not. v4 morphs++ are allways and everytime at the same folder on my hd and the informations are included in the saved file, so.

if I have a scene saved, load this scene new and it works, then close this scene and open a new one and work on this brand new scene, save this, and load the before saved scene and then get told that files can`t be found, also not after restard the pc but after new injection and saving the file new that is something strange.

edited December 1969

Mike can probably do this better...but...

The scene doesn't load 'fresh' items when you load it from a save. It loads 'cached' items. If that cache gets cleared, then you have problems loading the scene.

As to paths, in Windows (since Vista) there are some locations that are 'protected'. Now, you could possibly get away with using a content directory in the Program Files folder, if you went and tweaked Windows heavily. Now, that may work, but if you are using Windows update and/or running Microsoft Security Essentials, that would only work for a while...updates are known to reset back to defaults. Yesterday being Tuesday and MSE's update day...

The log file often provides more details than the error box...and clean log file is easier for finding things.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Mike can probably do this better...but...

The scene doesn't load 'fresh' items when you load it from a save. It loads 'cached' items. If that cache gets cleared, then you have problems loading the scene.

As to paths, in Windows (since Vista) there are some locations that are 'protected'. Now, you could possibly get away with using a content directory in the Program Files folder, if you went and tweaked Windows heavily. Now, that may work, but if you are using Windows update and/or running Microsoft Security Essentials, that would only work for a while...updates are known to reset back to defaults. Yesterday being Tuesday and MSE's update day...

The log file often provides more details than the error box...and clean log file is easier for finding things.

ahhhh...so if I create a new v4 character in ds4.5 can it possibly be that the cache gets cleared or owerwritten or can it be that something happend if I inject the new custom morphs? (by the way, the one v4 character is by mrl and the other one is mary elite) that must be the case because:

if I first load the dixie.duf then the new v4 character.duf will not work and misses deltas but work after new injection of morphs++

(after fixing the problem)

if I first load the new v4 character.duf then the dixie.duf will not work and misses deltas but work after new injection of morphs++

I have no problem to load(merge) many different m4`s in one single scene, they all work (all were created in ds3)

but I do have the same problems if loading the dixie.duf that works correctly and then merge the new v4 character.duf into the scene , then the merged v4 character will not work correctly but botch worked correctly after injecting the morphs++ to the new character in that scene. there must be something really strange happen.

I haven`t tried to create a new m4 character in ds4.5 but I will try and then I will see it this happens also to m4 characters.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

cosmo you say you installed some new V4 characters and I presume they came with body and face morphs?

Try running the .bat file for V4 Find DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat and double click on it and it will do its thing in DOS. Then open Daz Studio back up and see if they work.

You should find this file DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat, on youir hard drive, in your Runtime folder where you installed V4 Base, morphs++ etc ********************\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Fingers crossed for you

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    cosmo you say you installed some new V4 characters and I presume they came with body and face morphs?

Try running the .bat file for V4 Find DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat and double click on it and it will do its thing in DOS. Then open Daz Studio back up and see if they work.

You should find this file DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat, on youir hard drive, in your Runtime folder where you installed V4 Base, morphs++ etc ********************\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Fingers crossed for you

you are right, they come with body and face morphs :) I guessed that these probably cause the error but that never happend in ds3 so.

what does this DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat[ do? I have no fun in loosing my dixie for ever or to reinstall all my back up content because of its size :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

you are right, they come with body and face morphs :) I guessed that these probably cause the error but that never happend in ds3 so....

It happened to me in DS3 when I moved my Michael4 runtime to another partition and forgot to run that little script. I'd load up M4 from a saved file and his morphs didn't work---they were missing. Took me a while to realize what was wrong. Anytime you add more morphs to a Gen4 figure this should be done in the runtime the Gen4 figure resides. When a Gen4 figure is installed, a shortcut to the script to run is placed on the desktop. I'd deleted it (because I knew where to find it) and then forgot about it.

edited December 1969

Spit answered your question for me, thanks Spit.

cosmo now would I give you advice that would lead to such a disaster....without giving a warning first? Yee of little faith....and cut back on the coffee you are getting grumpy. :)

No it is perfectly safe in doing so. Well put it this way cosmo everytime I install new morphs for any Gen4 figure I run the bats and I don't have content issues...never have.

edited December 1969

Ok let us see if we can get your problem fixed.

I won't guarantee this will work but as Spit said and what I have experienced this might work.

First thing Cosmo you said V4 was installed in to your DS3 content directory...did you install the new character to the same place? If yes keep reading....if you didn't then it might be best to do that first

What you are looking for cosmo is a file called DzCreateExPFiles-V4.batIf V4 is installed to where I think it is then go to that location on your Hard Drive via Windows Explorer.
    I will guess that it might here at this location C:\Users\your user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

bat.jpg
    1001 x 748 - 454K
    edited December 1969

what makes me crazy the most is. if the error accours not one single dixie.duf file works correctly on morphs++ but if I load only one dixie.duf file and inject the morphs++ only to this character in this loaded scene and save this scene all other dixie.duf files are working again without doing anything on them. that is somewhat strange

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Ok let us see if we can get your problem fixed.

I won't guarantee this will work but as Spit said and what I have experienced this might work.

First thing Cosmo you said V4 was installed in to your DS3 content directory...did you install the new character to the same place? If yes keep reading....if you didn't then it might be best to do that first

What you are looking for cosmo is a file called DzCreateExPFiles-V4.batIf V4 is installed to where I think it is then go to that location on your Hard Drive via Windows Explorer.
    I will guess that it might here at this location C:\Users\your user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

the old dixie made in ds3 but I load it into ds4.5 and saved it as scene so it is a .duf file under -my library- -scenes- and it works

the new v4 character was created in ds4.5 from the beginning on and saved as scene and it is in the same folder than the dixie.duf file.

so both scenes are in the same folder but if you work with one the other will not work any longer and if you work with the other the first will not work any longer until I inject the morphs++ new. as I have written. you can only work with this or with the other.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,902
    edited December 1969

This is very strange as the two scenes should be getting their morphs from completely different places - the Dixie.duf, if I understand correctly, is a DS 3 .daz file imported into DS 4.5 and saved as a scene - the .daz file, and so the .duf, should be getting the morphs from \Data\3_0\blMilWom-V4_######\modifiers (approximately, I can't recall the exact folder name) while the V4 CR2 loaded into 4.5 directly and saved will ultimately point to the original \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder with its .pz2 files, though it will be looking at an intermediary cached copy in the \Data folder first. Yet you seem to be getting warnings about missing pz2 files from the older scene, which shouldn't have references to those, if I understand you correctly.

edited November 2012

This is very strange as the two scenes should be getting their morphs from completely different places - the Dixie.duf, if I understand correctly, is a DS 3 .daz file imported into DS 4.5 and saved as a scene - the .daz file, and so the .duf, should be getting the morphs from \Data\3_0\blMilWom-V4_######\modifiers (approximately, I can't recall the exact folder name) while the V4 CR2 loaded into 4.5 directly and saved will ultimately point to the original \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder with its .pz2 files, though it will be looking at an intermediary cached copy in the \Data folder first. Yet you seem to be getting warnings about missing pz2 files from the older scene, which shouldn't have references to those, if I understand you correctly.

my english isn`t that good but as I understand what you have written you are right.

okay

first: I have done a complete new ds4.5 v4 dixie in ds4.5 yet and saved it as scene, cleared the scene and load the new dixie version, everthing was fine

second: I have done another complete new v4 character with another character morph I have bought and saved it (seems it doesn`t matter what costum morph, it happens also with characters bought at ds mary for v4 for emaple)

after that I loaded the new ds4.5 dixie scene and...some morphs are missing and I have to inject morphs++ new. but I didn`t save the scene this time only cleared it for a test (point three)

third: i created two different v4 test characters without any custom morph and saved them, each loaded new work fine aaaaand surprise the former not working new ds4-5 dixie version I have loaded after the this little test without starting ds4.5 new or restard the pc, works also fine, without injecting the morphs new.

this is a very very strange error I think

edited December 1969

it seems to me that there is something with character morphs for body and head and each time you inject morphs++ new you reset something or so

edited December 1969

I'm a little confused now - is the Dixie scene a newly loaded V4 in DS 4.5, with a custom morph added by Morph Loader? And the other scenes contain V4 using only INJ poses, no use of Morph Loader?

One thing I'd like you to check - if you go to the folders listed in your screen shot of the Content Directory Manager does only one of them contain a \Runtime\Libraries\Victoria 4 folder?

edited December 1969

I'm a little confused now - is the Dixie scene a newly loaded V4 in DS 4.5, with a custom morph added by Morph Loader? And the other scenes contain V4 using only INJ poses, no use of Morph Loader?

One thing I'd like you to check - if you go to the folders listed in your screen shot of the Content Directory Manager does only one of them contain a \Runtime\Libraries\Victoria 4 folder?

no, the last dixie version is a complete new created dixie in ds4.5 (okay, I inject a character preset) but the base figure was loaded in ds4.5 not imported, I also inject add on morphs necessary to get dixie work like dixie :) "overhaul for ds" and "badabing"

overhaul are community morphs and badabing is a deformer body shaping tool so both normally should have no impact on the original channels morphs++ is using.

will have a look if I find it :)

edited November 2012

well I just have found the following folders for v4:

path:

C:\Users\myName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4

C:\Users\myName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\Runtime\libraries\Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4

nothing more to find

• AmeesaAmeesa Posts: 282
    edited November 2012

I'm not sure if my problem is related to yours, but do you use power loader when making a new scene with V4? I'm not sure what happened with mine, but I tried reinstalling my characters in 3 different locations trying to find the problem. I installed it to the default, to my original runtime for characters and to an entirely new runtime to test it out. It kept asking me to find the deltas. It turns out, my problem is something in the power loader. My work around is loading V4 with no morphs in the PL and then injecting them like you would using Poser. Then inject the character you want to use. I don't make custom characters, so not sure if it would work for yours. My other option, is try making a "fully loaded" V4 and saving her as a scene. I do admit to having limited success with using that option though.

Post edited by Ameesa on
    edited December 1969

I can't see why you are having the problems you are - your paths all appear correct. I do wonder if the DFOrm set is confusing the issue - if you apply that to a new character, just a quick one with a couple of morphs and the DForms, do you get a problem with a saved scene as you do with your custom character?