Bug Report

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
edited November 2012 in The Commons

How do I submit a bug report?

The 'Fantasy Instruments' page is misspelled: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-instuments .. missing an 'r'

Although, I guess it does refer to something that instantiates instances of the instruments, so maybe it's not wrong ;p

Post edited by Joe Cotter on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am not at all certain that constitutes a bug.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited November 2012

When doing web page design, a misspelled url is usually considered a bug.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited November 2012

Ummm... hmm... with all due respect and not to be mean or nuthin'... have you read some of the bug and service issues lately?
    At this point over here thats like walking to a battlefield MASH unit and asking for a different color bandaid. If they did actually ever intend to fix a mistake like that after actually getting to the report of it, it would be a moot point because we would all be dead of old age and DAZ would be up to 4D by then, and I'm not even sure if our giant extraterrestrial carrot-men overlords would even let DAZ honor that request.
    Really, seriously though, I'm not making fun of you or anything... I just finished venting some of my frustrations about some other issues here and I really felt compelled to reply to this and I personally like it when people point out if I misspell important things in my promos, because I hate looking dumber than I really am... which in fact is pretty dumb. Good eyes are always welcome.

That just sounded like I was panhandling for used human eyeballs...

I'm not.

But....

Ah, never mind... too hard to mail...

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited November 2012

Hehe, no offense taken. I would guess it would be pretty low on the priority list, but general rule is to report and let the team working on it assign it's priority, as one never knows either how much it might effect other issues or how simple/difficult of a fix it might be. :)

edited December 1969

I think I could guess what the the bug tracing team would feel like doing with a bug report about an issue like this, especially at this current point in time.

Of course that is my personal feeling, and not an official response. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

That's a valid point.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

For future reference Gedd take a look at adam's thread of helpfulness "How to make a good bug report for DAZ 3D" under the third heading down "Universal (multi-version or non-specific) Tutorials" http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/

It might be helpful for when you do make a bug report. ;)

edited November 2012

Thanks, I reviewed the article but it didn't really tell me anything new other then the part about the Mantis system/account. I'm not familiar with Mantis software so I don't know the workflow or how easy it is to review/prioritize issues. In a good system, simple issues like the one I mentioned would actually not be an issue for the team receiving it since it would take a matter of seconds to scan, prioritize and submit it during normal review of incoming bugs. After that, it would disappear until it either had something that cross-referenced it in the bug tracking software or it's priority code was being worked on.

edited December 1969

hence "might be helpful" :) I never assume someone doesn't know something. I often don't know somethings and somethings I do know about I wish I didn't and there are somethings I would like to know but don't. :coolcheese:

edited December 1969

Went to post just smiley but it wouldn't let me :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

In Gedd's defence, as a web designer I have had spelling mistakes reported to me as bugs and dealt with them accordingly. Of course, my idea of dealing with a spelling mistake accordingly is to whip myself with birch branches and smack my hands with hammers, I'm not kind on myself with typos!

edited December 1969

OH I agree, for someone who finds spelling difficult at the best of times, I do dislike seeing it in a commercial environment

I love spell checkers....

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I have to have spell checker. I'm horrible with spelling

edited December 1969

I don't do spells, so never use a spell checker.

edited December 1969

Not what I heard

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I was going to say something, but was afraid to.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In Gedd's defence, as a web designer I have had spelling mistakes reported to me as bugs and dealt with them accordingly. Of course, my idea of dealing with a spelling mistake accordingly is to whip myself with birch branches and smack my hands with hammers, I'm not kind on myself with typos!

Hey Blum...going to iron your ears, too?

houseelf.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 368K
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I tried to set up an account for bug reporting and was supposed to receive a confirmation email, but never did. How can I file a bug report for a bug report?