Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

If I am not logged in and click on the Shop tab i will get somebody else's name in the not..yada yada format. I just cleared all my cache and cookies less than a minute ago, closed the browser (Chrome) and reopened it went to daz and clicked on shop and it is still happening... Not a problem when I sign in... but for those anxious about their names being thrown around its still happening ... at least for me.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

I'll confirm too, "not so and so" showing up still on main store page and goes away after log-in.

Wish list still borked too. On sales and promotion page shows 11 consistently, new releases shows 305, clothing shows 3, no matter how many times I change categories and go back to those pages. Maybe that's a clue for the Daz gurus?

It's not a big deal for me but maybe it will help track down the bugs.

And yes, cleared cache, cookies, rebooted browser and refreshed a bunch of times.

Hope it helps :)

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

I want to beg everyone who posted somewhere on the forum the something-name of the "not something" (not of ill will, but to illustrate the problem) to edit their forum post and replace the real name with "xy" ore something else, because mentioning the name in some forum post is actually a worse security problem (in the long run) than seeing it for a while in the browser. Thank you!

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited June 2012

This issue is not fixed.

I experienced it for the first time tonight. I'm sorry, but "xxxx" is not my name.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Please do not post peoples names that you are logged in as.

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Point is, this issue is not fixed and seems to be spreading.

Frank0314 said:
    Please do not post peoples names that you are logged in as.
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited June 2012

posting quote from other thread

T Jaiman said:

That explains it. Hard refresh wasn't enough, but changing sort order did the trick.

Ok interesting. I hesitate to be optimistic, but this is also helping me to clear out wrong wishlist numbers on some of the stubborn pages that still tell me I'm somebody else. Clearing cache and cookies and restarting hadn't gotten rid of it, but changing sort order on "People" finally made that one seem to grab my wish list and keep it. It could be a fleeting thing, but for now its still right even when I return to page from the navbar.

I wish their was a way to do that on the few non-product pages that are still serving me bad info at the top. Clicking in-page tabs on, for instance,
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/genesis/genesis-what-is-genesis (clicking "what is genesis" link from within that page)
    gets me that page with accurate wishlist, but link from navbar still brings me back to same page with the wrong info.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, I cleared my cache and cookies, that worked for about a day. Now the problem is back. I use Chrome.

edited June 2012

Yeah we will see. Might not keep.

I just got wishlist numbers appearing back on "New Releases" page, where they've been completely hidden for me for at least a little while. They are not correct wishlist numbers, but I'd like to hope that means they are working on it... trying to stay positive.

• Fairly99Fairly99 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I am posting from a literally brand-new computer (abuzz with excitement over that fact!), with a brand-new installation of Firefox, and upon my very first login here I was asked if I was not... well I won't post the gentleman's name but it was certainly not mine. A new one from the list I have been cycling through, however. So as others have stated this is not merely a cache issue.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Cleared the cahe after last night, this morning went to the store homepage saw one guy's name and then went to another page, that showed correctly that I was logged out. Went back to the homepage saw another guy's name. We back to different pages - still logged out. Now back to homepage - back to the first guys name. All I can say it is a damn good job I'm too paranoid to put my full name in account details.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

I cleared the cache, deleted all cookies that referred to 'daz3d' - and the only change is that I seem to always get the SAME wrong wishlist notification. 305 items, with the last 3 added being Raw Ogre, Minotaur for Genesis, and Sci Fi Security Gear. This shows up on any and all 'shop' pages.

Also, FWIW, the "New Releases" are not showing me the two new ones from The Ant Farm or the anti-grav tank freebie.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Hmm, it also occurs to me -- do people use (their ISP's) proxies in general? Because I don't, I pretty much never use a proxy if I can help it, especially when doing content-loading (too many chances to get it fouled up and unable to get it refreshed).

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Just as a test, I brought up a Windows box onto the internet, which I normally don't allow. I'm only seeing the "Not xxxx" showing up when the machine is connected and I'm NOT logged in. As soon as I'm logged in, everything is fine. Even if I disconnect, and then reconnect within the timeout period, I don't see anyone's info but mine. However, if I come in completely fresh, I see random names. Does this behavior match what others are seeing?

Maybe that will help track this down.

Kendall

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Well, I saw my first "Not ..." only yesterday - and I habitually log out, since my account has admin access to the forum. So while logging out certainly seems to help, I don't think it's a full fix.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Does this behavior match what others are seeing?

This matches with my experience, yeah.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Same here. Every time I've come to Daz since the new website started. I used to visit daily but it's been either slow loading times for the site, weirdness with the name thing, or other website issues (problems reported in the forums) that have cutting back visiting.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

What I don't understand is that the website update seems not to have been bug tested. At least not thoroughly bug tested.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited June 2012

Just as a test, I brought up a Windows box onto the internet, which I normally don't allow. I'm only seeing the "Not xxxx" showing up when the machine is connected and I'm NOT logged in. As soon as I'm logged in, everything is fine. Even if I disconnect, and then reconnect within the timeout period, I don't see anyone's info but mine. However, if I come in completely fresh, I see random names. Does this behavior match what others are seeing?

Maybe that will help track this down.

Kendall

I am still seeing this on the home/shop page even after logging in. I thought I had a 'stable' browsing session after I logged in then changed the viewing order to single listed item (which I don't normally use but just thought I'd try), rather than grid, and was overjoyed to find that I stayed logged in as 'me' during several back and forth page changes. However when I then tried (just for the hell of it) going back to the home page I got the 'not xxxx' again. Again, hard refresh didn't make any difference.

Must say that the store seems a lot quicker and more consistent today though - managed to quickly search my order history and reset/download several items - a process which took far longer last week - for instance. :)

EDITED TO ADD: Interesting - just found out that I can see Smileys again, but only when I'm logged out........ :long:

Post edited by Cymbidium on
  • pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've had the same name come up multiple times even after clearing the cache.

Just now I found that my Wish List had four items in it even though I've never used a wishlist in my life. But what really takes the biscuit was when I first started exploring the new system and discovered that my credit card had been stored despite ALWAYS telling the system DO NOT STORE whenever I made a purchase.

I sort of knew DAZ wouldn't pull-off a smooth bug free transition with the forums, and as such, I was extra vigilant to make sure that I ticked the box NOT to store my card details. Didn't want my details getting stored somewhere and left in limbo because of the changeover, the only time I ever let it store my details was for the PC once, but I ended that years ago and every purchase since it has been told not to store my card details.

The card should not have been listed.

I've never had any security problems with my card during my entire time of owning one because I'm vigilant and sensible with it, and not using systems that store the data is all part of being vigilant and sensible. I sincerely hope that whatever backups you have of this mess is destroyed properly, meaning to a standard it is not recoverable. I have of course removed the listed card from my account before it get's stored in yet another backup of the system, but it was still listed during the changeover and that infuriates me, even moreso because of the problems its having.

Start deleting those backups, and please ensure it's done properly.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

I get all of the same problems listed here.

I've cleared my cache and cookies a dozen times - nothing.

But I cannot see any new items.

When I am NOT logged in I can see some of the new items, when I log in they disappear (the last new item listed is RawArt's Oagre and Men of Character II - both of which I have bought).

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

We are aware that many of you have seen in the DAZ Store another name than yours. If you happen to continue to see on our store, If you are not “Some Other Name”... The solution is to Clear your Cache and Cookies in your internet browser, then force a refresh on the page. The problem will now be taken care of and you should never see this again. As a reminder: This has never given you access to others account data. Your account is and has always been safe.

I have done as you suggested. Logged back in and was greated as Hxxxxxx. So much for your Cache and Cookie clearing. Maybe DAZ should perform this action on their Servers. This is not a problem on our side. Just look at your store, cart, checkout, downloads,Wishlists, and forums. Isn't this sending a very clear message to DAZ? Instead of getting better it is getting worse by the week. PleaseDAZ, clear your Cache and Cookies.

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I just got logged out again, and when I logged in I had 96 items in my wishlist this time - that's 96!

*HINT*
    Instead of doing that, I'd much prefer it if a copy of Carrara PRO at a price of $0 added itself to the basket and allow me to check out.
    *HINT*

Post edited by pumeco on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Sick to death of this crap. It took 12 times to get my log on to stick after trying every trick I've read here on DAZ forums. FIX YOUR MESS DAZ... for F's sake! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Wow, that's a bit ridicules. I know I just cleared all my cache and cookies to finally see my PC discount and it took me twice to log in.

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I still had the wrong name despite clearing cache & cookies. When logged in right now I don't get a "Not XXX?" thing, but I have the wrong number of items listed for my wishlist as well as items I never wishlisted in the "last items added to wishlist" section at the right of the page. I haven't been logged out so far, but am one of those whose PC membership didn't get carried over in my store account (this has been reported).

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Posting to this to follow the topic.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    I've had the same name come up multiple times even after clearing the cache.

Just now I found that my Wish List had four items in it even though I've never used a wishlist in my life. But what really takes the biscuit was when I first started exploring the new system and discovered that my credit card had been stored despite ALWAYS telling the system DO NOT STORE whenever I made a purchase.

I sort of knew DAZ wouldn't pull-off a smooth bug free transition with the forums, and as such, I was extra vigilant to make sure that I ticked the box NOT to store my card details. Didn't want my details getting stored somewhere and left in limbo because of the changeover, the only time I ever let it store my details was for the PC once, but I ended that years ago and every purchase since it has been told not to store my card details.

The card should not have been listed.

I've never had any security problems with my card during my entire time of owning one because I'm vigilant and sensible with it, and not using systems that store the data is all part of being vigilant and sensible. I sincerely hope that whatever backups you have of this mess is destroyed properly, meaning to a standard it is not recoverable. I have of course removed the listed card from my account before it get's stored in yet another backup of the system, but it was still listed during the changeover and that infuriates me, even moreso because of the problems its having.

Start deleting those backups, and please ensure it's done properly.

I have the same problem with my CC information. I have posted it numerous times in different forums but DAZ didn't think I deserved an answer. I finally put in a Ticket and 2 days later I received the answer I expected from DAZ. This is what they do best. Blame it on the customer. It is like Amen in a prayer. The cure all evil "Delete Cache and Cookies. When I received this message again I was so furious that I didn't look at the store or the Forums for more than a week.

Here it goes:
    You will need to remove the CC Information from your Credit Card Profiles
    section on your account page. Once you have removed this information you
    will also need to clear your cache and cookies, so the information is not
    saved in your computers memory. We have absolutely no access to your CC
    information to use or remove. This has to be done from your end.

There was no CC info in the cache or cookies. Had it checked by an expert before deletion.
    I was also told that my info is envrypted and 100% safe. DAZ has no way at getting to it. I am positive a good hacker can.

edited December 1969

Just an update, since I've been trying to watch where I see the problem.. at least for me, it's been the same pages goofing up between today and yesterday: the DAZ homepage, the shop homepage, the Explore-Getting Started page, the Community page, the Contact Us page, and the Genesis-What Is Genesis page. While I was logged out, every page I tried except those six asked me if I was me with my correct name. When I logged in, those six are the pages with either wrong information, or invisible information, while others appear to be showing my correct wishlist.

edited June 2012

I'll also add that early yesterday several store category pages (sales & promotions, people, new releases, 1.99 items, and creatures) were also showing the problem for me, and that on those pages when I re-sorted them, they righted to my information. They've remained correct so far today. Curious to see if that holds.