Question about 30 day refunds

AnatisAnatis Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I picked up the wrong bundle the other day and returned it, so I could buy the right one.
The "Refund" was a store credit, NOT a refund to my paypal account.
Refund, to me, means money back to where it came from.
It wasn't a big deal, until I tried to add the bundle I wanted to my cart, and it would not let me add it. (Bought M5 Bundle, wanted M5 Suite)
I went back to support and told them this, and asked for my money to go back into my paypal account, as I could not purchase what I wanted, and by the time this would get fixed (if at all) the deal would be over. (Monday Night. I'm in the UK, by the time I got a reply I was in bed, asleep.)
Asking for it to be put back into my paypal account fell on deaf ears -- and the request closed.

Can you please clarify if this is the norm now?
Even if you request to get your money back to where it came from?

Also, I am having a TON of problems with DS4.5 (crashing constantly, with no warning), so it looks like I won't be able to use M5 anyway.

So what gives?

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Customer Service is hit or miss in my experience. But they will eventually give you your money back if you keep asking. I had to correct them about some of my transactions several times. They always closed the ticket too quickly and even hung up on me on the phone before(an accident I am sure).

But I have no real issues with 4.5. No crashes at least. After I figured out how to get past the exploding mesh situation that happens when you open your old characters and save them in DUF, 4.5 has been good to me.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

"Customer Service is hit or miss in my experience. But they will eventually give you your money back if you keep asking."

Yup... that is inspiring.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Normally if you specify that you want your money returned to source, paypal in this caes, then CS will try to make sure they do that.

However if your ticket was because you ordered the wrong bundle then CS would assume that you wanted store credit, which is the easiest option, so that you could then purchase the correct bundle.

CS do tend to get a wee bit busy when there are sales on, for some reason, with lots of people returning stuff etc, so do give them a chance, they work hard, and are usually very much on the ball. I have never experienced any porblems, and most would say the same.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Customer Service is always overly busy, because there are always sales and that's the problem. Anytime I have had a problem, which has plenty at this point, the excuse is always about how much is going on at the moment.

Daz survives from constant promotions, so CS should be designed to support that.

• AnatisAnatis Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Oh I had a huge problem (and am still not happy) with the PC stuff.
    Nevermind, that tho.
    I just wanted to clarify whether the policy had changed, since I can't find anything on the website. (And searching the KB is...pointless. It's as bad as the forum search lol)
    I'm going to try this horse (since I lost out on the deal I wanted), but so far 4.5 has quit on me 6 times tonight. (and it's only 8pm)
    If I can't get it to run satisfactorily before the 30 days are up...I'll have to return it. Not risking it, since I never did get DS4 to run (though on a different machine)