DAZ, is anyone home?

johnnvjohnnv Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Several phone calls plus a voice mail to DAZ and no response. Anyone else tried?

Comments

• manofglassmanofglass Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It would be nice if they would let me know what the store hours are they keep loging me out at around 12:45 today I am loged into the forum but not the store let me know what is going on Daz.manofglass

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,859
    edited December 1969

I imagine they are still getting caught up from the accumulated tickets over what was for them a very long weekend.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

I left voice mail twice over the past few months and I never got a return call. I wonder if anyone ever gets called back.

• johnnvjohnnv Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I left voice mail twice over the past few months and I never got a return call. I wonder if anyone ever gets called back.

Well, how nice. I have a purchase I want to return.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well the first port of call should always be a support ticket. They get dealt with in rotation, as they come in.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Called several times today, did not bother leaving a voicemail though...
    Then again today is National Bavarian Cream Pie Day, the anniversary of Cerro de Pasco (in Peru) and National Flag Day in Sri Lanka... so DAZ may still be closed...
    A very important holiday if you are Peruvian, Sri lankan, Bavarian or just like flags and cream pies... unfortunately tomorrow is Red Planet Day AND Albanian Independence day... so who knows if they'll be in tomorrow...

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

lordvicore do you really have that much trouble with office workers getting holidays like thanksgiving, Christmas and the 4th of July off to spend time with their families?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited November 2012

Khory said:
    lordvicore do you really have that much trouble with office workers getting holidays like thanksgiving, Christmas and the 4th of July off to spend time with their families?

Of course!
    Service workers have to be available 24/7. Things like holidays, sleep or lunch break are only for people with a real job.
    Post edited by Ascania on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Having worked CS for 3 different types of companies (call center, warehouse that serviced thousands of convenience stores, and an insurance middle man) I can say with absolute truth that CS is about as real as it can get. Jobs that convinced me that when someone says "can you multi-task?" during an interview what they really mean is "can you get anything accomplished if your interrupted ever 2 minutes".

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012

Khory said:
    when someone says "can you multi-task?" during an interview what they really mean is "can you get anything accomplished if your interrupted ever 2 minutes".

And if the interruptions to your interruptions get interrupted, can you remember everything you need to get back to?

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
    edited December 1969

Khory said:

I'm going to assume you meant that in a lighthearted manner...

No I do not have a problem with anyone getting holidays they rightly deserve... This is a "dig" at DAZ for probably hiring 2 people to answer 60,000 long complicated phone calls per day... I can't get through because they (CS) are going to be on the phone till June 19, 2468 answering the other 60 billion calls before me.
    It is also a "dig" at DAZ in regards to not having made some arrangement to have someone who can answer calls on the holidays (at least temporarily till things normalize)... in other words, at this point things are so far behind with all the CS problems, I feel they really should hire a few extra hands to fill in on the holidays (or before them to answer all the extra Magento induced calls) so things don't fall even further behind... The ticket system is so far behind it almost doesn't even make sense to bother and a phone call seems the last desperate choice at this point... but nobody seems to be able to get through these days...
    Back at the old store I almost always got through on the first call and as far as I remember, I can only really recall talking to one nice lady, either it was the time of day I would call or she was the only person answering the phones... I have no idea what is going on over there now.

My initial response was to say "I don't think it's possible to get through to Customer Service, unless you have a ouija board... I'm pretty sure they all died months ago of excessive work load and nobody has even bothered to look in on them yet... probably thinking its real quite in there- everything is great... meanwhile rats are gnawing their bones."
    But that seemed a little too dark.
    In retrospect I'm much darker than that so I have no idea why I did not say that instead.
    Do I have a problem with workers getting holidays?

HELL NO!

I have a problem with employers who reduce staff and double work load and blame everything on "the economy" and use the fear of unemployment to keep people in line, which in fact is the real threat to "the economy"...
    But that is whole different subject which I'm sure nobody wants me bustin' out my soapbox for.

In short- no... I was just being sarcastic and snarky towards DAZ and I guess I did it poorly.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I have never called daz. But I do think people are working. They even seem to work on Sunday, since I got a store credit processed then. The only advice I can offer is submit a ticket and be patient. Returns take time.... =-)

I think they are probably a bit overloaded. I'd love a more automated process for doing returns. though. Should be sort of a point and click affair.

edited December 1969

A bit overloaded is quite possibly an understatement.

Normal overloaded VS DAZ overloaded = 1 standard McDonald's Chicken Nugget VS Jupiter

Plus or minus up to 8 fried breading particles, but thats the basic equivalency rate.