Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

Comments

• OskarssonOskarsson Posts: 793
    edited December 1969

AikoGirl 3 (Aiko3 body with Girl3 head) given new life in studio. I converted her to weightmapping and now she bends like a pro! Renders run through some FilterForge filters to give it that 70's look. Might be a comic book if I'll have the time...

page1-1.jpg
    1200 x 610 - 448K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2012

Different interesting

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...thank you for the links. I didn't know you could use UE in Poser. I thought that was just a Daz Studio thing.

Shhhhhh,

THEY think it still is, LOL!

After much tweaking I finally got things the way I liked them, I adjusted the environment sphere settings to the ones Caisson specified for the IDL sphere, but with an HSV value of 0.7 and then adjusted the lights a bit.

Below is S5 with the Natasha and Ariana textures.

CHEERS!

S5_Ariana.jpg
    588 x 600 - 177K
    S5_Natasha.jpg
    588 x 600 - 146K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Here is an older poser model I was playing around, with, still working on lights I have the tutorial that keeps getting tossed about, but I don't have IDL studio or Uber Environments. so I face it with IBL light probes from Bryce.

Jessi-SSStest2.png
    1422 x 822 - 643K
    edited December 1969
    8216967175_02df6c1983_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 157K
    edited December 1969
    8217678645_419ba8842b_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 140K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited November 2012

ps1borg said:
    I threw this one together mostly to test a few things with the Genesis models as well as give the rendering engine something to chew over. I'm still lightyears from getting to realistic render territory, but every step brings me an inch closer to my goals.

Enjoy.

Aw she cute :) One foot forward at a time sounds like a good strategy to me :)Thank you. One of the reasons I've made the switch to Daz lately is because Genesis models allow me to mix and match morphs to create some really unique characters. She was the result of much slider fiddling and combining. I haven't yet figured out how to save combinations yet, but I've kept the document safe until I've worked it out.

Still can't figure out ambient occlusion on Daz yet, and that will add a necessary extra layer of realism. Anyway, here's an older one I've had on my DeviantArt for quite some time, rendered in Poser.

Kaelyn.png
    1200 x 1224 - 2M
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

Nice work guys!

I should never say that anything of mine is the final thing, as, inevitably, it usually isn't! Further tweaking and re-rendering only served to show me that Natasha and Ariana aren't actually really good textures in Poser.

I also did some test renders of the original 3 V4 Elite textures and they were a bit more like what I was looking for. That said, I should have tried Lana 1 or 2 as I've never been overly fond of 3! I've all but given up trying to do anything photo real in Poser alone, but, I think Reality might get me closer to that.

CHEERS!

Maya_Pose_Test_1.jpg
    588 x 600 - 109K
    Lana_Pose_Test_1.jpg
    588 x 600 - 110K
    Amy_Pose_Test.jpg
    588 x 600 - 120K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited November 2012

....hmmm the first one looks like it would work great for Leela as she has freckles.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Thanks,

Those 3 were the first to really utilise UberEnvronment lighting, so they were made to showcase it really well, and they still do. Maya and Amy still impress me. I might have to track down Marie from that era too.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...so how do you get UE to work in Poser?

edited December 1969
    8218705649_9defe995e1_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 240K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Well, the way I did it might not be the correct way, but, I did it this way:

You get the DSON Loader script from D3D

Run it in Poser and locate the UE light DUF in the Light Presets folder and open it, this brings the light and sphere into Poser

What I then did was to apply the Kitchen HDR texture to the sphere and tweak the settings of both this and the light and used IDL lighting

As I say, that might not be how you do it in DS, but, it seems to work for me. I might try a specular light and see what that does.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I did another test with Lana and was suitably impressed, a specular light didn't seem to make any difference so I didn't use one in the end.

The close up is what makes it all worth it.

CHEERS!

Lana_2_Pose_Test_Close_Up.jpg
    588 x 600 - 178K
    Lana_2_Pose_Test.jpg
    588 x 600 - 102K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Well, the way I did it might not be the correct way, but, I did it this way:

You get the DSON Loader script from D3D

Run it in Poser and locate the UE light DUF in the Light Presets folder and open it, this brings the light and sphere into Poser

What I then did was to apply the Kitchen HDR texture to the sphere and tweak the settings of both this and the light and used IDL lighting

As I say, that might not be how you do it in DS, but, it seems to work for me. I might try a specular light and see what that does.

CHEERS!

Hehe good hack :)

edited December 1969

..so basically as it involves DSON, it can only be done in Poser9/Pro 2012 then.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

well i prefer to just do it in ds 4.5 pro ;P

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Hehe good hack :)

Yeah, I know, Omnifreaker might wish he hadn't made that a DUF!

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..so basically as it involves DSON, it can only be done in Poser9/Pro 2012 then.

Yup, sorry!

well i prefer to just do it in ds 4.5 pro ;P

Whatever floats your boat. I don't mind where you do your awesome renders, just so long as you keep 'em coming!

I had a bit of fun with a blast from the past last night, I fed Anna Marie Goddard into EZ Skin 2 and below is how she came out. I want to get her some better eyes now.

CHEERS!

Anna_Marie_EZ.jpg
    588 x 600 - 122K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

A little something I've been working on: "Contentment"

Contentment.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 185K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2012

Nice portraits. Thanks for posting.

I found an old copy of Vue Pioneer. I was just playing around with it... I used the standard atmosphere model.

Hills_dark_clouds_2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 133K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    A little something I've been working on: "Contentment"

Very nice, really natural poses and the clothes work well with the poses too.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Nice portraits. Thanks for posting.

I found an old copy of Vue Pioneer. I was just playing around with it... I used the standard atmosphere model.

Nice,

I have Vue 10 Studio, but, every time I fancy getting back into 3D, something new happens in Poser and I get sidetracked. I miss Elfguy round here, he always used Vue for his renders.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Oh, by the way, the Lana in my last render is naked and bald as she was only there to test the lighting.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I was wondering if you forgot to put hair on Lana. lol

edited December 1969

LOL,

She's V5 and not much hair actually fits her, even Belle Arum hair that she has in the promos doesn't fit. S5 fares a little better and I have been able to fit that hair to her.

CHEERS!

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

In DS everything autofits to genesis/v5/s5/m5 etc - it can even autofit old products for v4/m4/a4/s4/etc and I believe the 3 series also

edited November 2012

Lucky you,

We have Phil C's Wardrobe Wizard, which does much the same thing, and now has support for the DSON'ed Genesis. Anyway, this should be more about the art than "I've got, you've got..".

Keep it coming...(The art that is! LOL!)

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Just looked on Pret's site and Poser users won't be getting Reality till March 2013! :(

Ah well, I suppose it'll be well worth the wait. Oi, Bob, stop grinning! LOL!

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited November 2012

I was bored. (and apparently had a little too much time on my hands )

misty_valentine_fight_card_png.png
    984 x 689 - 553K
    Misty_Valentine_jpg.jpg
    1124 x 1500 - 354K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
    edited November 2012

Actually, that was the very reason I started this thread! Nice renders too.

Below is Marie, the last of Yannek's quartet of female Elite textures. It's taken me this long, and indeed DSON and EZ Skin 2, to appreciate those textures for the brilliant things they truly are. I now MUST get all his male textures!

CHEERS!

PS (Now I've got Wardrobe Wizard support for the relevant figures they'll have more to wear soon.)

V5_Marie_Pose_Test_01.jpg
    588 x 600 - 119K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
This discussion has been closed.