warning! obsuring the viewport during openGL render may corrupt the final image

roberteederoberteede Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi Daz member's,

I am here again looking for advise please. The problem I have is that when I try and render using the hardware assisted render option I get the message in the title " warning! obscuring the view port during open GL render may corrupt the final image " I have looked this up and it explained that if you obscure the screen whilst rendering like web surfing for instance, this can confuse the rendering process and cause an error.

The problem is that I don't obscure the screen at all and STILL get this message! I have even tried turning on the aspect frame option but to no avail. I really love DAZ Studio and have had a lot of fun with this program , I bet this is a typical noob question but it has left me stumped all the same.

Is it any better to render in assisted gpu(using the gl shader and max passes per light) rather than 3d delight, I am currently looking for max photo realism.

My system -

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 build 7601 (64-bit)

CPU Information:

Type: Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz

Number of CPU's: 1
Cores per CPU: 4
Memory Information:
Memory: 16GB

Video Adapters:
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Chip Type: GeForce GT 640
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Memory: 2048MB
Video BIOS: Version 80.7.26.0.26
Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Version: 8.17.13.142
Driver Date: 5-15-2012
Monitor 1: 1360x768x32 60Hz (Primary monitor)

Thanks for taking the time to read this : /

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

3Delight is THE way to render for final work...whether that is going to be 'realism' or some kind of stylistic work. (Yes, there are add ons that will allow rendering in other renderers, but with the basic tools,...)

The OpenGL modes are sort of a 'preview' modes. They don't have the lights and shaders the 3Delight engine does and can't deal with the scene the same way.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

You will not get photo realism with OpenGL.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

The warning is only a reminder, it will appear irrespective of obscuring the viewport or not. Just don't mind it.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

The problem is that I don't obscure the screen at all and STILL get this message!

So? It is not an error message, it's a warning. It says so, right with the first word, to remind you of the fact.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited November 2012

It's a warning, that's all. This is NOT a true render so much as a screen capture of what you see in the scene view... Think of it as a ScreenCap, and I think it'll make better sense.

Mainly what it's teling you is that while it's capturing, don't call up the MicroCrapWord document you're working on, or that OpenOffice masterpiece you're writing... or that PhotoPoop whatever, or that GIMP Image, or that 3DSmacks model, or that Hexagon Morph Project, or that AdobeCrashYourComputerEveryTime Software, or that buggy MakeHuman thing...

Post edited by wancow on