IK from DazScript?

shoei321shoei321 Posts: 113

From DazScript I'm trying to move a figure's hands/feet and have the preceding bones follow the movement -- in other words the exact same behavior as when you grab a hand/foot within the Daz Studio interface and move it around, the elbow and shoulder bend and rotate to accommodate the primary movement.

In the DazScript reference I don't see how to do this. DzNode has setLocalPos and setWSPos methods but these don't appear to do anything. I'm also not seeing anything under DzBone or DzSkeleton for this. All I can seem to do to make limbs move from DazScript is adjust their rotation controls.

Can this be done from DazScript? If not this, then what about manipulating a figure using the PowerPose/ActivePose tools, same as in the Daz UI?

Thanks

Comments

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

At this time and probably for the foreseeable future, the IK system and the ActivePose system is not exposed to script.

• shoei321shoei321 Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

What about from the SDK? Are there methods I can call to do IK-based figure movement, interact with pins, etc?

Thanks
    Ivan

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

The IK system is not exposed to the SDK at this time.

• Is this still the case three years on? I can't find any reference to IK in the current Object Index or Samples?

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589

is daz actually working on the IK setup today or?

• Unfortunately the IK system does still appear to be inaccessible in the SDK and scripting interface.  

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604

It's not really Daz Studio's IK

but with my script here https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjautolimb2014

if you position a null node ( target ) somewhere or even animate its position over a timerange,

this script can pose the arm or leg so that the foot or hand or anything attached to the hand or foot will reach that target

it does take some getting used to its quirks,

for example, you have to remember to turn limits Off on the thighs/shoulders,

but i use it a lot and it saves me hours of work

-- 

eventually i may post on my site a standalone version which can be called by an external script

shoei321 said:

From DazScript I'm trying to move a figure's hands/feet and have the preceding bones follow the movement -- in other words the exact same behavior as when you grab a hand/foot within the Daz Studio interface and move it around, the elbow and shoulder bend and rotate to accommodate the primary movement.

In the DazScript reference I don't see how to do this. DzNode has setLocalPos and setWSPos methods but these don't appear to do anything. I'm also not seeing anything under DzBone or DzSkeleton for this. All I can seem to do to make limbs move from DazScript is adjust their rotation controls.

Can this be done from DazScript? If not this, then what about manipulating a figure using the PowerPose/ActivePose tools, same as in the Daz UI?

Thanks