DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

hehehe :P @ Blum

• LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited November 2012

Very exciting and I love the cute ponies too!

Can anyone please tell me the differences between this horse and the MilHorse model? Also looking at the texture templates it looks as though it shouldn't be a huge job transferring the older texture maps over, or perhaps there are MilHorse uvs included as in Genesis? I have tons and tons of my own custom textures and don't want to have to do them all over from scratch..

Really wanting to buy this but just plonked down as wad on all the sale items over the past couple of weeks, think my OH will be unhappy if not for very good reasons lol. Most of my artwork includes the MilHorse or the Heavy Horse models so this is going to be a huge difference to me.

Loving the it having all the hair as separate geometry as that means it will be so much easier to work with Carrara's dynamic hair :)

Post edited by Ladyfyre on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

In the Pro Bundle the PC link for the Western Gear Poser Core file downloads the Mac one.

edited December 1969

Well, I couldn't wait so have bought the pro bundle, will post my finding in another thread once I downloaded it all and ha a play :0)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

post your horsey pictures here people. Man it's been out for a full night and no sharing yet. Do something creative and funky and share it with us ;)

edited December 1969

I've just had to pop out to feed my real horses but got a notification on my phone and thought I'd add that in my download links everything for the pro bundle has been duplicated, it wasn't until I'd checked the folder I'm downloading it all to that I realised as there I just so much stuff. it'll take forever to install it all lol.
    As an aside does anyone know if there is any way to filter Mac and pc downloads like on the old site? Pain in the bum realising you've been downloading the wrong one with a huge list to go through!

• celticarchiecelticarchie Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Does it work in DS3? :red:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

No, it's a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

I just tested this again, I am seeing the discount. Tested logged in and not logged in... worked for both. Perhaps contact Customer Support.

Pendraia said:

Also I'm not seeing the discount if I put the Horse Pro bundle and the equestrian props plus barding textures in the cart...

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Another missing file in the Pro bundle, No links are in the bundle for the PC Horse Accessories - DSON Core file.

I also noticed that one of the link that for another product in the bundle that showed up multiple times for another item was downloading the wrong file, yet a duplicate link that had the samee name was downloading the correct file.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Hoping to buy it Friday. Everything that I've looked at makes me want it more. (is it Friday yet? :lol: )

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

No, it's a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

So it will definately work in DS4.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

What if I load it in DS4, then export it as a CR2? Will I be able to load and use it in DS3, then?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

There are multiple issues with the Pro bundle links.

First off, every file is listed twice (so you see 2 PC DSON, 2 PC PCF, 2 Mac DSON, 2 MAC PCF entires for each included product). And at least one product (Wagon Trail 2) has all files listed *three* times.

Western Tack Textures downloads the Western Saddle Texures, which are also listed as their own separate entries
    Wagon Trail 1 is missing entirely. (Wagon Trail 2 is there, however)
    Horse Accessories DSON Core has the PC download labled as Mac. So you have to click each of them until you find the one that gives the .exe instead of the .zip.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

ok, is there a .dmc file somewhere? The Genesis one does not work, it has phonemes

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited November 2012

I thought the centaur addon is excellent LOL!!!
    Damn it, it's not the 1st of April yet :)

centaur2.jpg
    714 x 909 - 212K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Looks great. I'm not fool, your up to something! lol

edited December 1969

cwrw said:
    The Pro Pack Horse textures updated for the new Daz Horse.

Racing Image: Features the Bay and Dapple Grey horse textures, with the fabulous Jockey Set by SickeYield and Marieah, and superb Racehorse Tack by Ken Gilliland.
    Cowhorse- The Palomino horse in his updated Western Tack by WillDupre, using the "Wild West" textures by me.

More to come of the other horse coats/colors!

Hi,

Wondering when this will hit? Also is the mapping for the Mil horse built in as a UV option into the new DAZ Horse 2? That would be truly awesome!

• CWRWCWRW Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    cwrw said:

Racing Image: Features the Bay and Dapple Grey horse textures, with the fabulous Jockey Set by SickeYield and Marieah, and superb Racehorse Tack by Ken Gilliland.
    Cowhorse- The Palomino horse in his updated Western Tack by WillDupre, using the "Wild West" textures by me.

Hi,

Wondering when this will hit? Also is the mapping for the Mil horse built in as a UV option into the new DAZ Horse 2? That would be truly awesome!

The updated Pro coats were bought by Daz and are part of the Daz Horse 2 and it's bundles. I am currently working on several new products for DH2 as I call him:) I've posted several informational videos about the Daz Horse 2 (and the wheres and whys of how it is different from the old Mil Horse) on my blog at cwrw3d.com

Laurie

• Eva aka TinyEva aka Tiny Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

I was so happy to see this new horse! Just what I wanted and perfect timing.
    Thanks DAZ., really good job on this one. :-)
    >happy dance<</p>

edited December 1969

cwrw said:
    RAMWolff said:
    cwrw said:

Hi,

The updated Pro coats were bought by Daz and are part of the Daz Horse 2 and it's bundles. I am currently working on several new products for DH2 as I call him:) I've posted several informational videos about the Daz Horse 2 (and the wheres and whys of how it is different from the old Mil Horse) on my blog at cwrw3d.com

Laurie

I see there are wings for it being put together. Hope there's going to be some Unicorn props and coats made for it. So no word on if DAZ was able to pull off what they did for the Genesis figure with the optional UV options? Can't afford the bundle just yet, working on it! It's in the cart along with other horsey goodness. :P

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,526
    edited November 2012

Well done Daz and all the artists involved. I like Daz Horse 2 very much.
    Rendered in DS 4.5 Pro. Click the image to see it enlarged.

Horse2sc04pic01g01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 366K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • CWRWCWRW Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    cwrw said:
    RAMWolff said:
    cwrw said:

Hi,

Laurie

I see there are wings for it being put together. Hope there's going to be some Unicorn props and coats made for it. So no word on if DAZ was able to pull off what they did for the Genesis figure with the optional UV options? Can't afford the bundle just yet, working on it! It's in the cart along with other horsey goodness. :P

Yes Ken Gilliland and I are working on the new wings now, I and others are currently working on a new Unicorn pack (all new coats and all new horns), and I am working on several brand new coats that take more advantage of the new UV mapping. Somewhere in there i will maybe find some time to get some sleep!:)

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Well, looks good, and I'd like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I'd need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. :down:

I'd want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding. But for MH2 the selection appears to be the same as for the original MH: Western and modern English tack, both anachronistic for my needs; and historical/fantasy barding for battle, joust or pageant display, not simple travelling tack. Nobody seems to have made a set of fantasy/historical non-barding tack suitable for just journeying down the road since the set for the DAZ Charger.

So, question:

Are any out of the Ceremonial Armor, Knightly Barding or Dark Barding made in such a way that one can extract - or turn bits off so one only sees - a basic, no armour set of tack appropriate for a medieval/fantasy milieu: bridle and reins, saddle pad/blanket, girth, stirrups and simple saddle only?

I mean ... even for those with a medieval knight jousting and trotting off questing with their destrier in full barding (which one wouldn't have just for travelling, but never mind), where's the tack for the lady's palfrey, the merchant's rouncey or the bandit's hobby? Or even for the knight or lord's courser when they are just out hunting? And my fantasy series is set somewhere that is not medieval England, is not that much like medieval England, does not have knights per se, and while barding does exist amongst certain groups for certain purposes, it is rare and never features in the stories.

So please: could somebody make some basic tack suitable for pre-nineteenth century non-warhorses (and even warhorses while travelling and not actually in or just about to go into battle)?

I suppose I might be able to extract the tack from Predatron's Lorez Horse or donkey and refit them .... sigh.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

cwrw said:
    Yes Ken Gilliland and I are working on the new wings now, I and others are currently working on a new Unicorn pack (all new coats and all new horns), and I am working on several brand new coats that take more advantage of the new UV mapping. Somewhere in there i will maybe find some time to get some sleep!:)

AWESOME! I so want this thing!

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Laurie. Watched your vids... You and I are in the same mind about the mane from what I can see in the promo's. Perhaps some one will do a conforming fibermesh forelock, mane and tail for the horse? That would be awesome! :-)

I agree David, there really should be some fantasy and old world tack and pack for the horse.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Well, looks good, and I'd like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I'd need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. :down:

I'd want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding. But for MH2 the selection appears to be the same as for the original MH: Western and modern English tack, both anachronistic for my needs; and historical/fantasy barding for battle, joust or pageant display, not simple travelling tack. Nobody seems to have made a set of fantasy/historical non-barding tack suitable for just journeying down the road since the set for the DAZ Charger.

So, question:

Are any out of the Ceremonial Armor, Knightly Barding or Dark Barding made in such a way that one can extract - or turn bits off so one only sees - a basic, no armour set of tack appropriate for a medieval/fantasy milieu: bridle and reins, saddle pad/blanket, girth, stirrups and simple saddle only?

I mean ... even for those with a medieval knight jousting and trotting off questing with their destrier in full barding (which one wouldn't have just for travelling, but never mind), where's the tack for the lady's palfrey, the merchant's rouncey or the bandit's hobby? Or even for the knight or lord's courser when they are just out hunting? And my fantasy series is set somewhere that is not medieval England, is not that much like medieval England, does not have knights per se, and while barding does exist amongst certain groups for certain purposes, it is rare and never features in the stories.

So please: could somebody make some basic tack suitable for pre-nineteenth century non-warhorses (and even warhorses while travelling and not actually in or just about to go into battle)?

I suppose I might be able to extract the tack from Predatron's Lorez Horse or donkey and refit them .... sigh.

I agree it is lacking in that area as I too was hoping for some simple riding tack from that era. Maybe one of the most awesome artists here will take pity on us an create such an object :-)

• Eva aka TinyEva aka Tiny Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Am looking forward the new textures for it CWRW! Your Mill horse textures are gorgeous. :)

I'm doing a conforming , dynamic hair mane and tail for the horses in my game project. Am planning to release them for sale later on. The black Fresian horse (seen in an earlier post here) will look gorgeous in a very long, a bit curly mane and tail. Just saying. ;)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    In the candy land of magic dreams where happy people live the Toy Ponies bring love and joy and happiness to all they meet. Singing flowers sprout over every trail they pass and the smiling sun always shines to light their way.....and *cough cough*...opps...almost gagged on that. But yeah, these things are cute. You get it.

Rawn

LOVE! But why are they all male when most of the cast are female? ;)

Male:

Female:

Yes, I'm a Brony. :P

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Yes, I'm a Brony. :P

*brohoof*