Wow, the new horse is awesome....

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Wow, I'm sorely tempted by the new horse. Looks great DAZ!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,663
    edited December 1969

already downloading the pro bundle, bkah who needs food anyway

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2012

glad you started a non- official thread so I can say how I feel without dampening the commercial thread.

I'm not excited at all!. Sure looks cool but as I feared all my armour is useless. So I'll just stick with what I Have. I can't buy a fully new figure when I never used the old one.

Kinda like Hiro5. From an accomplishment standpoint it is still good and all, but for me it's too pricey for something that may very well never get used.

and i've really WANTED to use a horse in my pieces for a long time. but I can't throw out my older investment without getting a return first. So the new horse can wait a few years. Not like it will have a replacement any time this decade.

EDIT: I'll admit the price puts me off a lot too.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,663
    edited December 1969

fortunately since I am not actually a horsey person, I only have some old horse stuff and only on sale.
    but since as well as alcohol I NOW cannot eat solid meat for fear of an endoscopsy, I thought, damn, life is short.

edited December 1969

oh dear wendy...

But yeah I just bought stuff a few months ago and I have to use it first somehow. Also I'm still bitter that plat members got a whole 8 hour preview. I wanted to make a comment in the original thread that I bet the product goes live weds, but it was even faster than that. *sigh* I'm glad for daz and all but it's the third product launch in a row where I've been exceptionally *meh*

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

I like it.. I too don't have anything but the old bundle and the unicorn. Wish the price was a tad lower but I am gonna try and buy it.. Who needs shoes anyway :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

glad you started a non- official thread so I can say how I feel without dampening the commercial thread.

I'm not excited at all!. Sure looks cool but as I feared all my armour is useless. So I'll just stick with what I Have. I can't buy a fully new figure when I never used the old one.

Kinda like Hiro5. From an accomplishment standpoint it is still good and all, but for me it's too pricey for something that may very well never get used.

and i've really WANTED to use a horse in my pieces for a long time. but I can't throw out my older investment without getting a return first. So the new horse can wait a few years. Not like it will have a replacement any time this decade.

Looks like time to see if GenX will be producing an add-on to move items from the old horse to the new one...

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Wow, this is a strange hour for daz to upload new releases. Normally they do it around 10am to 1pm. They did it around 10-11pm instead lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

New ... horse??

But...

But...

but.jpg
    1067 x 668 - 303K
  • HarvellHarvell Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

New ... horse??

But...

But...

Possible Daz release schedule:
    November: Horse 2
    December: Dog 2
    January: Cat 2
    February: Aiko 5
    March: Big Cat 2

Expect to see the Millenium Cow in early April.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I wasn't excited about a new horse at all until I saw the promo renders. Looks very cool.

From a backward-compatibility point of view this is a heavy investment though. Some things can probably be moved and parented fairly safely (unicorn horns, possibly saddles with morphs and such), but a lot of stuff is going to be very difficult, particularly armour.

But still, we had a lot of that when Genesis came out.

I reckon Wendy will find a way of putting a tutu on it and animating it doing the funky chicken! ;)

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited November 2012

Already asked that at the Carrara Forum, though seems no one's a horse-person there ^^ and I am as always reluctant to buy something that's possibly not compatible with Carrara.

Has anyone here tested the Horse 2 in Carrara 8 Pro or 8.5 Pro?

Post edited by Rhian-Skyblade on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Rhiana said:
    Already asked that at the Carrara Forum, though seems no one's a horse-person there ^^ and I am as always reluctant to buy something that's possibly not compatible with Carrara.

Has anyone here tested the Horse 2 in Carrara 8 Pro or 8.5 Pro?

Can bet your life Wendy will when she's around.

I haven't got it yet or I'd have a look.

edited December 1969

But still, we had a lot of that when Genesis came out.

Yeah I could understand that, thing is I didn't get the horse years ago so that's why I'm not stocked to put $80 into it to get what I have now. Granted I did pay a lot less for the horse and armor then if it were new, but I still haven't gotten anything out of the investment.

So I still need to use my dogs, cats, horses and dragons in renders before I buy any new ones.

I say this but the new horse armor looks neat.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Its not for everyone. Dont feel bad and dont let it get you down. Use what you have and be content with it.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I just picked up the last horse in the sale. Also can't really justify buying this one at the moment and knowing Daz, it will end up on sale (accidentally) at 70% + off within the next couple of months. So I'll wait until then.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited November 2012

Can somebody please be kind enough to give me a morph list? I am interested in getting it, but telling me it comes with so and so amount of morphs means nothing If I don't know exactly what they are. Thanks.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:lol: Everyone has seen the horse and says it looks great, but no one has bought it yet . At that price, I ain't. If I remember right that was about the price on the milhorse complete bundle; when DAZ still had it.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2012

I would like to get it but it is a bit pricey.

I don't want to upgrade to 4.5 yet and would like to know if it will work in DS4. No point in buying it if I can't use it.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Its not for everyone. Dont feel bad and dont let it get you down. Use what you have and be content with it.

I was actually coming back to say something to this effect. You're right, I should use what I have and post work it until I'm content. I've tried using the horse in the past but it tends to hold the render back, but I've decided to use it and deal with the quirks.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

I was actually coming back to say something to this effect. You're right, I should use what I have and post work it until I'm content. I've tried using the horse in the past but it tends to hold the render back, but I've decided to use it and deal with the quirks.

I used the Mil Horse in this pic: I thought it came out pretty good :-)

Walk In The Woods

edited December 1969

Walk In The Woods

Nice, much better than my horses. Did you use some expansions for the mane? Looks good.

• AnatisAnatis Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Can't use it.
    Yes, Poser user.
    Now before you tell me to use the importer...
    DS4 crashed and crashed and crashed on my machine.
    Installed 4.5 and thought ooh I can actually do something and try this...and I get about 10 minutes into something and BOOM.
    I might try, but I won't give it more than 30 days because if I can't get this thing to work in that time frame, it's useless to me.
    Seeing as I didn't get the PC refund, I am not willing to risk getting dumped on again.
    (And Daz, a refund does not mean "Store Credit" to me. It means money back.)
    I might buy it. I returned M5, because I picked up the wrong bundle (showing ALL bundles when I search for it would be kind of beneficial, thanks), of course now that deal is gone (I think, checking later) and they did a store credit -- I will INSIST they return it to my paypal, then maybe pick up the horse instead.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited November 2012

Walk In The Woods

Nice, much better than my horses. Did you use some expansions for the mane? Looks good.

I used a texture set by CWRW:

Pro Textures for the Mil Horse Bundle

She makes some awesome textures :-). I still need to raid her rendo store...lol.

Post edited by islandgurl31 on
  • celticarchiecelticarchie Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Does it work in DS3 :red:

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

OOOOOHHHHHH Yippee a new quadruped to animate! Very excited about the new DAZ Horse II. He will be very welcome at FarmPeep's barnyard!

edited December 1969

I used a texture set by CWRW:

Pro Textures for the Mil Horse Bundle

She makes some awesome textures :-). I still need to raid her rendo store...lol.

K thanks, i've heard a lot about those and haven't spent any money but maybe one day I will.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

You do not need DAZ Studio Installed at all to use the DSON Importer. If DAZ Studio Crashes on you, don't load it up. Install the DSON Importer with the proper Poser and just use that.

Anatis said:
    Can't use it.
    Yes, Poser user.
    Now before you tell me to use the importer...
    DS4 crashed and crashed and crashed on my machine.
    Installed 4.5 and thought ooh I can actually do something and try this...and I get about 10 minutes into something and BOOM.
    I might try, but I won't give it more than 30 days because if I can't get this thing to work in that time frame, it's useless to me.
    Seeing as I didn't get the PC refund, I am not willing to risk getting dumped on again.
    (And Daz, a refund does not mean "Store Credit" to me. It means money back.)
    I might buy it. I returned M5, because I picked up the wrong bundle (showing ALL bundles when I search for it would be kind of beneficial, thanks), of course now that deal is gone (I think, checking later) and they did a store credit -- I will INSIST they return it to my paypal, then maybe pick up the horse instead.
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

So the new horse requires DSON if you want to use it in Poser?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Can somebody please be kind enough to give me a morph list? I am interested in getting it, but telling me it comes with so and so amount of morphs means nothing If I don't know exactly what they are. Thanks.

Since this a TriAx style figure with all the morphs stored in separate files, just like Genesis, you can get an idea of what morphs are available by looking at the file lists online in the documentation center:

DAZ Horse 2: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15246/file_list
    Starer Bundle Content: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15395/file_list
    Pro Bundle Content: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15396/file_list

Granted, that doesn't show you what the morphs look like, but the naming can at least give you ideas of what DAZ has tried to include.

Basically, look for the "Morphs" section in the "data" hierarchy. The morph filename prefix tells you what kind of morph it is.

FBM == Full Body Morph
    PBM == Partial Body Morph (e.g., body-only)
    PHM == Partial Head Morph (e.g., head-only)
    JCM == Joint Controlled Morph (usually used to correct for bends, etc)
    MCM == Morph Controlled Morph (usually see this to correct for facial expressions and such)
    CTRL == Pose Control instead of an Actor morph (I think, not positive about this one)

The VSM prefix I've not seen prior to the release of DAZ Horse 2, so not sure what it stands for. Viseme maybe? (E.g., expressions)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

. . . From a backward-compatibility point of view this is a heavy investment though. Some things can probably be moved and parented fairly safely (unicorn horns, possibly saddles with morphs and such), but a lot of stuff is going to be very difficult, particularly armour. But still, we had a lot of that when Genesis came out . . .

Genesis has alternate UVs so it can use previous Mil-generations' textures -- the new horse doesn't have an alternate MilHorse UV? Why not? Genesis can (with varying distortion and morph-bobbles, although it's improved lately) use previous Mil-generations' clothes and stuff because DS4.5Pro's Autofit can convert them, but not MilHorse to the new horse? Why not?

It's a beautiful and exceptionally versatile new horse, I'm happy it's out! But yeah, why is the investment DAZ's customers have made in MilHorse stuff being ignored?

Post edited by KickAir 8P on