Cannot find some items after install

spswaffordspswafford Posts: 179
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,
I picked up this set during the BF sale,
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mystery-cave

I noticed it setup at DAZ/Studio/Content. I've had a few other items setup there too. The folder where DAZ 4 setup is DAZ 3D. When I load DAZ I cannot find the set. I've tried looking in Poser Formats under Content Library (like I saw recommended in some other post), but I do not see it there.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Move everything that's under DAZ\Studio\Content into your actual content folder, e.g. DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

and in future direct your installer to install where your content is, don't let the older installers do everything, take charge and tell them where they should be installing to. Then you will have less problems.

• spswaffordspswafford Posts: 179
    edited December 1969

Hey, I thought the installers knew what they were doing and DAZ 4 would know where to look. Obviously, some items not showing up means, no they do not. :)

I tried moving the Content folder. That did not seem to work.

I uninstalled the missing stuff and reinstalled where they should go (DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library). That seem to help (some missing items showed up during the loadup), but I still do not see the Mystery Cave Set.

There are 3 files listed as part 1, 2, and 3, but when I downloaded them, but the actual file names are
    12281_3_dpc_MysteryCave_3
    12281_4_dpc_MysteryCave_4
    12281_5_dpc_MysteryCave_5

I also found a file on the product page
    12281_1_tx_MysteryCave_1

I (re)installed all the files as stated above and when I looked at the readmes they each have different files. It was not listed after the reinstall and I do not see it in Content Library under anything. I'm guessing it should show up as a Set.

On a side note, at what point should one consider Platinum Club membership? I picked up a lot of stuff during the last 2 sales and I'm thinking I could have saved even more.

Thanks

edited December 1969

Depending on the how old the installers are then they will be set up for Daz Studio 3 where the My Library folder was named as content. So when it installs it will add a folder called content within any folder you point it to unless you change the installation path manually.

The base geometry (the model) files will show under Poser formats in the Content Library Pane (NOT Smart Content Pane) The DAZ Studio Material Presets (.DSB) will show under Daz Studio Formats.

I don't think this product has been updated to include metadata which makes it work and show up in the Smart Content Pane.

Can't see the Content Library? Windows > Panes (Tabs) > Content Library will open the pane.

PC CLUB That is entriely up to you and your finances. Some get a lot from it some don't. I waited for a good 6 months before I joined.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Depending on the how old the installers are then they will be set up for Daz Studio 3 where the My Library folder was named as content. So when it installs it will add a folder called content within any folder you point it to unless you change the installation path manually.

To go into a bit more detail, apart from the name change, the default content location has changed several times since the first version of DAZ|Studio — and the installers, if you let them run (away with you!) in default mode, only know about the defaults available at the time they were created. Personally, I never let any DAZ installer run in default, I always select the customise option. This lets me check every time if the installer is going to guess right which of my two content locations it's going to pick. Frequently this guess is wrong.
    edited December 1969

Thanks all for your help.

Finally found it. PoserFormats\MyLibrary\Props\MysteryCave. I found it when I was loading some other items and went looking for them. Not very intuitive for a newb. I guess if you have been using DAZ for a while, you might have known where to look.

Szark, I'm guessing you spent way more than you want to think about before you joined PC CLUB. :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

*snip*
    Szark, I'm guessing you spent way more than you want to think about before you joined PC CLUB. :)

Oh, we all did, and we all still do! Not everything is discounted for PC members, but in MY eyes (and there are many who disagree with me) it's well worth the money because of all the $1.99 items alone. There are thousands of items at that price, and a few added every month.

It's that initial payment that gets a lot of people. Seems very expensive just to get into the club, but after that the $7.95 a month is well worth it (I pay monthly, can't afford a yearly subscription).

edited December 1969

Thanks all for your help.

Finally found it. PoserFormats\MyLibrary\Props\MysteryCave. I found it when I was loading some other items and went looking for them. Not very intuitive for a newb. I guess if you have been using DAZ for a while, you might have known where to look.

Take it from me many find this aspect confusing. it took me a good few weeks to get the grips with the naming conventions and content system...knowing how Daz3D came about as a company really helped me to understand what is what. Plus Daz Studio hides the file extensions at defualt, showing them helps to learn what is what and why a little more quickly.

As for think more than I wanted...not sure what you mean. My reasoning from from a finacial aspect. But I am glad I did join as Blum said. It helped me build a library on the cheap. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

On a side note, at what point should one consider Platinum Club membership? I picked up a lot of stuff during the last 2 sales and I'm thinking I could have saved even more.

Thanks

Personally I am what could be called one of the founder members of the PC club as I joined back in October 2002, yes that's right, before the DAZ 3D forums even existed.

I have "Saved" a vast amount of money. I emphasise that because I have also spent a whole lot of money in order to make those savings, but for me it has always been a no brainer. Even the $1.99 items alone, without the 30% discount on DOs and the coupon, DAZ 3D still gets my money on a regular basis.

Have you had a look at the PC category in the store http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items. If you join the PC you can buy all of those at just $1.99 a pop, as against the full price listed there.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Personally I am what could be called one of the founder members of the PC club as I joined back in October 2002, yes that's right, before the DAZ 3D forums even existed.

Wow you learn something new about folks around here everyday. Now wonder you've got a big club.
    edited December 1969

Yeah, DAZ 3D was originally A store that sold content. At one time it wasn't even called DAZ 3D, but originally Zygote.

And Lo and behold, they had a think, and they did think mightily and decided to invent a Platinum Saving Club (not related to any other sort of club) and there was merriment and general mayhem as everyone rushed over from the forums that they were then inhabiting and started spending Oodles of money ( but saving mega-oodles in doing so), then went rushing back to the forums they came from to boast about how much money they had saved. And all was good. When the PC was coming up to a year old DAZ 3D did then don their thinking caps again and the upshot of that bout of thinking was that they did then decide to celebrate the anniversary by having a PC club anniversary sale, and did also start a set of forums for the people, so that they would no longer need to commute from other forums, but would be able to stay and inhabit DAZ 3D forums, to make spending that money easier.

edited December 1969

I get what you guys are saying. PC Club membership is kind of like Sam's Club membership, but for the DAZ Store. If you are getting a lot of things, what you save makes it well worth it. :)

edited December 1969

Yes. Taken over a year, if you only purchase 1 $1.99 item a month (or 12 in a year) then you will save money. And that is without all the other benefits.