It’s Tuesday and I’m still without an answer!

dast30xdast30x Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in The Commons

I have purchased Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle only to realize I’m not able to download all files.
When I click on a specific download link message appears “Product not available for download, please contact the store owner”
I have filed the support ticket on Saturday, now it's Tuesday and still no reply!
OK I understand there were holidays, and I have waited, but now it’s Tuesday and everyone is at the office since Monday, and I’m still without an answer!!! NO excuses, very IRRESPONSIBLE!!!

Post edited by dast30x on

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

For DAZ this was only ONE working day - Monday. Remember, that in Utah (where DAZ resides), Tuesday started only 2 hours ago. Surely you cannot expect the poor guys to be at work 2 hours after Midnight - they need sleep too.

DAZ was closed for 4 days, which means that many support tickets gathered in that time and DAZ employees will need more time than usual to respond to all (DAZ has many customers, so I imagine, those might be not just dozens, but possibly even hundreds support tickets). Sometimes DAZ needed 2-3 days to respond to my support ticket, but they did.

Actually, I had the same problem as you when I bought Stephanie 5 Pro bundle - some of the download links did not work. I think it took DAZ about 2 days to repair the links.

• dast30xdast30x Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You are absolutely right, but still it is not OK. In addition, I am not asking from them to fix the problem right away, but at least inform me about it.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited November 2012

My experience with support tickets is that DAZ people don´t inform you that they read your ticket and are working on it. They will only send you a reply after they fixed your problem (something along the lines "your problem was solved, do you need anything else?"). Unless it is a case when they need more information from you before they can solve the problem.

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Have you tried Reseting them from your Itemised Order History and try downloading them again as this has been confrimed fixed as of yesterday.

edited November 2012

My experience with support tickets is that DAZ people don´t inform you that they read your ticket and are working on it. They will only send you a reply after they fixed your problem (something along the lines "your problem was solved, do you need anything else?"). Unless it is a case when they need more information from you before they can solve the problem.

That is a problem, cause people who don’t know that like me, fell as if they are left hanging. It’s not a good felling and it certainly doesn’t add to customer – store trust. IMPO DAZ should have a 24/7 support team, they are an internet store that sells digital products all over the WORLD not just US.
    Because I didn’t know that I have filed two support tickets under two different departments.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Have you tried Reseting them from your Itemised Order History and try downloading them again as this has been confrimed fixed as of yesterday.

No, I haven’t

edited December 1969

Ok I tried resetting, still nothing “ Sorry, this download is currently unavailable.
    Please go to your Account and check your Order Status"

edited December 1969

Strange how for others this is fixed. I am sorry I can't help further being a volunteer around here and I don't have direct contact with the folks at the DAZ3D offices.
    Not making any excuses but with bugs like this when they happen can flood the the system will many Support Tickets which could be why it is taking a bit longer then normal. Also the staffing numbers at DAZ3D is somewhat low.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I do appreciate your time and effort.

edited December 1969

My pleasure. Sometimes I wish I could do more to help. Hope you get it resolved soon.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So all this is over toast? :-/

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    LOL Yeah I missed that small bit....of info. ;)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I seem to remember the toaster threw a minor fault when connected up through DSON, and the toast wasn't well done, so it was in the repair shop. I could be wrong, I often am.

edited May 2013

ManStan said:

That is really not nice! It is not about “TOAST”, it’s not about me being inpatient, it’s about PRINCIPLE.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited November 2012

Removed by me

Post edited by ledhead on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I don't believe anyone meant anything about it.

edited November 2012

dast30x said:
    ManStan said:

That is really not nice! It is not about “TOAST”, it’s not about me being inpatient, it’s about PRINCIPLE.
    I have paid for something I don’t get! How would you fell? You practically insinuated that I’m some kind of pervert!
    I only purchased it because it has all additional morphs and it was on the sale, it was a good deal.
    I don’t even render people, this is my first morph product for genesis. I’m more in to Dinosaurs.
    Now I’m seriously considering returning the product, can anyone please tell me how to do it.
    I really don’t need this!

Sorry, in the main, we are joking, I don't think anyone was insinuating anything. Certainly no one who answered who can be seen to be representing DAZ 3D in any way made any sort of insinuation. There have been several threads in various forums about problems with the genitals of the V5 and M5 products, and as I said I am sure I saw it somewhere that there is a problem with these and the DSON importer, which is possibly why they are not available for download.

There was another thread here, again with plenty of peripheral joking about. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11890/ which does seem to bear this out. The last post in the thread does suggest that resetting the download will solve the problem.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2013

I just thought to give a Genesis a chance since everybody talk about how great it is, but now I don’t think that is going to happen.

edited December 1969

Give it a chance, and ignore those who upset you in the forums, is my best advice. Most people around are helpful.

DAZ 3D do try to get things right for everyone, which was why some installers were withdrawn while they were sorted out.

Our Customer service is second to none, but does get a bit overloaded on occasion, and there have been a lot of sales around, which do seem to cause an increase in Support tickets being submitted.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

dast30x said:
    ManStan said:

I have paid for something I don’t get! How would you fell? You practically insinuated that I’m some kind of pervert!
    I only purchased it because it has all additional morphs and it was on the sale, it was a good deal.
    I don’t even render people, this is my first morph product for genesis. I’m more in to Dinosaurs.
    Now I’m seriously considering returning the product, can anyone please tell me how to do it.
    ManStan was just being an ass, as usual ;)

This isn't really a customer support forum. Sometimes customer support does happen here, but mostly it's just us members, your peers, horsing around and sometimes assisting each other.

To enjoy this place you do need to take it a little bit less seriously.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

To be fair, I've had nothing but first class customer service from Daz, so it's possible they're having difficulties of some kind, perhaps even a small backlog to deal with. Just remain patient and have a little trust that they'll deal with the issue. LIfe's too short to take everything seriously.

edited November 2012

dast30x said:
    ManStan said:

Oh don't take Manstan seriously we don't :) And don't take me seriously I don't. Yes humour can be subjective but you will get this fixed. We are all human and make mistakes, no difference with companies, again I am not defending or making excuses. Us volunteers see it everyday with people upset, two days, a week later all is well and their problems/issues solved.

No one is insinuating anything please don't read more in to things than they really are. Yes you are frustrated and upset but it doesn't make the product unusable at this stage, just incomplete. You have every right of course to return the purchase via the 30 day money back guarantee.

Just to add when I purchased M4 I had to e-mail DAZ3D asking for the extra bits....though I will never use them I thought as you do, well for completeness sake I will get them as I paid for them...so you are not alone on the score.

But I am not here to change your mind and I am sorry if I added to your distress...no harm was meant by it I can assure you.

Post edited by Szark on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will surly admit my sense of humor is dark and can be a bit mean, but poking fun none the less.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited November 2012

Not to be stirring the pot, but I can understand dast30x's frustration... they purchased something and they should get everything that is claimed to be included.
    A year ago purchased a camera, the floor model had a lens cap, the boxed listed a lens cap, the instructions said how I should install the lens cap... BUT there was no lens cap.
    The lens cap was crap and I intended to use my own, a better one that I had from before... but I figured I paid for it and what if I lose the old one...?
    The store did not have anymore cameras of that model in stock so I contacted the manufacturer sent them an email and after 2 weeks I had not received any response. So I called customer service and the call kept getting dropped while I listened to their fun waiting music... I re-sent the email several times, at one point at least once a day... yes at this point it was now a science experiment to see if I could actually ever get my lens cap from them.
    The long and the short of the story was... No, no I did not.
    Although after about two months someone at the store I bought it from did find one for me...

Am I an annoying little beyotch? Yeah, if you think that asking for what you paid for is annoying.

This is not an uncommon incident or rare freaky coincidence... this happens to me all the time... worse when I follow prescribed protocol.

Sorry, but to me a blurry grey fog of customer service bugs and internet ghosts is not/never an expectable answer, more often than not in the corporate world, each incident becomes an experiment in what minimum level of service the customer is willing to except and at what level they just cut their loses and give up... each unresolved issue without compensation becomes part of a cumulative precedent and the bar is dropped another notch.

We all suffer in the end. It is a common theme in business and government.

If there is a standard reply time or period then maybe when a site is having customer service problems on the level we keep seeing here, then maybe somewhere - EASY TO SEE OR FIND- there should be a post that says: "Due to customer service traffic- please expect 3 days to a week for a response" or whatever the projected time is...
    If I see "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery" on an order form and I still have not received my goods at 9 weeks, then I think it is time for a call... otherwise I have no idea if they ever intend to send my my order... Right? If I call and complain after 3 days, then I'm being unreasonable because I have a guideline... Without a guideline it's anyone's guess when or if anyone will ever respond.
    In this day and age where most customer service ranks slightly below making sure the toilets flush at the home office, it is VERY easy to believe you are being ignored... Because you probably are in most cases.

As far as people having confidence in other's opinions about customer service being great at certain places I constantly come across friends who'll rave about how great a place is and how nice they where "I told them the button was loose and they sent me TWO new jackets the next day".... but when I try to get a response because the same jacket spontaneously combusted I get "Aw, thats a shame... Ba By"... (BTW-I'm just being funny with that statement)... Quite frankly I never believe anyone's praise of a store or site unless I see it personally... you can thank all the lemming-like fanboys in the world for that... so I never expect anyone to take my "opinion" as fact either.

We have no idea why dast30x is purchasing the item they did, they may never ever need the "toast", but they are paying for it, they should receive it... for all they know they may one day get a commission to render their version of michelangelo's david, and then where will they be without a wee-wee? Yeah... a retextured freebie banana just doesn't make the cut, does it? It's funny, but not professional.... especially if you don't retexture it. Thats pretty funny... but anyway...

The long and short of what I'm saying is... You go dast30x! The more people complain the more things get fixed.
    I just read a post by another forumite that seemed to me to be made in a neutral, excepting manner... I quote: "Customer Service is hit or miss in my experience. But they will eventually give you your money back if you keep asking."

I never experienced that in the old site, but if that is the level we have reached, then you dast30x, have every right to be concerned.

Good luck dast30x.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

I agree with lordvicore.
    When you purchase something you expect it to work, and that no items would be missing. Some web sites give MUCH faster response to support tickets than others. The last time I contacted DAZ Tech Support I did not get a response for seven days.
    It is clear (to me, anyway) from dast30x's post that English is not his primary language. Humor usually does not translate well. Making a joking response to his problem was inappropriate.
    I hope Tech Support responds quickly to dast30X.
    If they do not, I suggest he submit another support request directed to SALES and request a refund.

There is no excuse for poor customer service; DAZ knew they were running sales, and should have staffed accordingly. Major retailers do not run Black Friday sales with minimal staff.

edited December 1969

Thank you for understanding lordvicore and fleetpp, and yes English is not my native language, which I think is obvious.
    The whole store/forum situation was just to much for me, Therefore I have decided to return the product and I did.
    This time support staff responded quickly.
    Thank you all, it was a good and valuable lesson.

edited December 1969

dast30x said:

it was a good and valuable lesson.
    For me also. And no hidden meaning of ill intent I learnt something positive from it
  • fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

dast30x said:
    Thank you for understanding lordvicore and fleetpp, and yes English is not my native language, which I think is obvious.
    The whole store/forum situation was just to much for me, Therefore I have decided to return the product and I did.
    This time support staff responded quickly.
    Thank you all, it was a good and valuable lesson.

There is an old saying "the squeaking wheel gets the grease."
    Interpretation: If you complain loudly enough and in a public forum, you'll get attention.
    I'm glad you got a fast response this time.