DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow! These look wonderful! I think this may well be my first animal purchase from Daz! Looks so good guys all of it :cheese:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Well, RawArt did say his next set was truly terrifying.

Let's see... RawArt does horror and cute as well?

I think I've died and gone to heaven.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited November 2012

Skiriki said:
    Well, RawArt did say his next set was truly terrifying.

Let's see... RawArt does horror and cute as well?

I think I've died and gone to heaven.

it's the other place ;-)

dont_tell_any_one.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 173K
    Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

He's multi talented lol Perhaps his alignment is somewhat of neutral standing, he's to light to be dark and too dark to be light (makes a good character for a movie you know) In all seriousness though, variation is good, especially in art :)

edited December 1969

Love your M'n'Ms bigh!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Love your M'n'Ms bigh!

thank you

get_off_me.jpg
    962 x 687 - 216K
  • gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Virginia Shiver: OMG, OMG, yay.. hurray... jump up an down. Only cause I've always loved horses.

• XandoryXandory Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Squeee! I don't know which I like more, new horses or Llama!!

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

I love the horses, but have to admit to squealing out loud at the llamas. I'm at work and fortunately everyone else has gone home, I'm always the last to leave. Now to see if I can swing the cash. This all looks fantastic.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

I see they're in store; how long are they on sale? Usual two weeks?

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Xandory said:

The Llama is the horse, of course. You can morph this horse into just about anything! :-)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Xandory said:

The Llama is the horse, of course. You can morph this horse into just about anything! :-)
    So where's my Millennium Otter? :P

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Xandory said:

Maybe Sockratease will finally get his Genesis Cow. And thinking about it, I'd love one too.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Yes, but you only get the free bonus item and 75% off the texture add ons if you purchase this week!

Zaarin said:
    I see they're in store; how long are they on sale? Usual two weeks?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

I didn't see any info about discounts and bonus items for the new horse. Where are the details posted, please?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

bought pro bundle and bonus extra props plus discounted armour textures (even though I may not use them)
    2&1/2 pages of downloads at 50 per page but then saw as well as Mac, all were duplicated so getting back off floor and downloading

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Horse looks awesome indeed. I love the attention to detail for the eyes and eye sockets... the bends from the images I saw looks really nice. The mane though... looks very flat to me. How many layers of geometry were afforded to each side of the mane? Perhaps a conforming addon to make it fuller and more wild. Thinking of something like this....

BlackBeauty.jpg
    640 x 477 - 47K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

I'm interested to see what crazy morphs people create for it. :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

I know you're not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth, but when you're BUYING a horse, the first thing you're supposed to examine is it's teeth... And although the Llama clearly has an opening mouth and there's one shot with a donkey variant that's sort of open, so far I've only been able to find exactly one shot where the base horse's mouth is semi-open. Seems kind of weird that no one's showing it that way...Does anyone else not find that omission lacking in a bit of horse sense?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Oh and... er... am I to assume that one of the body morphs takes the horse from male to female?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Oh and... er... am I to assume that one of the body morphs takes the horse from male to female?

Hmmm I can't remember if I turn off the Male bits on the Lady Llama? might have to check that!
    edited December 1969

It is out now! :bug: Squee!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited November 2012

Fantastic! So pleased to see it released...

Can anyone who already has it show the different shapes please....

Thanks

Pen

Also I'm not seeing the discount if I put the Horse Pro bundle and the equestrian props plus barding textures in the cart...

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Can these all be used in DS4 please? I don't want to upgrade to 4.5 yet so don't want to buy it and find I can't use it!

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Can these all be used in DS4 please? I don't want to upgrade to 4.5 yet so don't want to buy it and find I can't use it!

At least the basic horse sez "1 DAZ Studio Legacy Installer", which is usually used to refer to 4.0 installer. I would, however, wait for someone else to confirm it better, since the Pro bundle is a bit messed up at the moment so I can't fully confirm it for you.

• edited November 2012

Howdy everyone. I haven't been around in a long while, but the new horse was a draw to get me to come take a peek. Right now I don't even have any 3D software installed and I can't afford to spend any money on 3D stuff anyway, (thus my long time absence) but I'd like to ask if DAZ had the forethought to create the new horse with dynamic and/or fibermesh mane and tail in mind? The old horse was just too dificult to use dynamic hair on because the mane and tail were part of the geometry.

Post edited by jmiltonrogers_afefa83890 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Well then a new horsey to play with...nice work Daz3D.

I am going to, wrongly or rightly, assume MIL house Uvmapping is not a part of this horse?

And secondly, tongue in cheek, I am offended by this blurb being English

•Jolly good! I'd love a spot of tea whilst riding me ole DAZ Horse 2. Bob's your uncle, and Jimminy Crupmets, gov'ner, this saddle is stylish. Even Mary Poppins would put on a bow tie and fez to ride this pony. Cover any of your wobbly bits and hop onto the English Saddle for DAZ Horse 2

First off it is "Jolly Hockey Sticks" or "Jolly good show".
    Don't drink and ride, you might spill some.
    It is Jmminy Cricket and you spelt crumpets wrong
    "Jimminy Crupmets, gov'ner" Don't mix the Queen's English and cockney together..that is a no no
    Mary Poppins would never wear a bow tie and fez...Tommy Cooper did.
    We don't have wobbly bits, we have a stiff upper lips.

Terrible, truly terrible.... :) ;)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Got to get me one o' these!

Wasn't interested in a new horse model at all until I saw the pics in this thread. Now I'm all "OOohhhh want the pony, want the pony!"

Thanks Daz, you've turned a 43 year old bloke into an 8 year old girl. Without surgery!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Please stop scaring the children...and me blum

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Please stop scaring the children...and me blum

Sorry kids!