Duplicate My Library Folder (solved)

H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
edited November 2012 in The Commons

Hi

As the title states, I have two my library folders for Daz content and two for Poser content. It's probably due to a content installation mistake I made when I was first getting started with Daz earlier this year, but now I'd like to get rid of the duplicates if possible. I figured I'd best ask if there's a safe way to do it before doing something that seems logical to me but totally messes things up. :-)

Post edited by H. J. Valdi on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Operating system?

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Windows 7 64 bit.

edited December 1969

Ok...now we need to know, what's in each...are they true duplicates, but from different versions or are they partial duplicates that contain some content but not everything...screenshots from Windows Explorer would be a good way of showing that.

If they are true duplicates, but from different versions of DS/Genesis Starter...you probably won't want to merge them. If the one is a partial, like you sometimes get with a misdirected installer or a poorly made zip, you could merge them.

edited December 1969

Sorry for the late reply, had to get some sleep.

I'm going to say that they are exact duplicates. If I right click on them and select 'Browse to folder location' it opens the same folder in explorer, regardless of whether I select the original or the duplicate . The only difference is for Daz content the location is:

Computer>Hard Drive>My Documents>Daz 3D>Studio>My Library

and for Poser content the location is:

Computer>Hard Drive>My Documents>Daz 3D>Studio>My Library>Runtime>libraries

edited December 1969

So it's just within Studio that you are seeing the duplicates?

If so, can you post a screen shot of your Content Directory Manager...(Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager? Expand each format section.

edited December 1969

Here you go :-)

CDM.jpg
    399 x 456 - 73K
    edited December 1969

Pick one of the duplicates in each section and remove...

edited December 1969

Done... woohoo! :-)

Thank you very much for your help, mjc1016.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Misangelic can you do us a favour and add (solved ) to the title of the thread please. I had been keeping an eye on this but mjc1016 beat me to the punch in helping you. Thx mjc1016

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thank you Misangelic

edited December 1969

No problem, Szark. Happy to help :-)