a question about files .exe

johnnvjohnnv Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I ordered a product from the store and I get two files to download. One ends with trx.exe and the other is dpc.exe
I use studio 3.1.2.24
Thank you for any help

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

johnnv said:
    I ordered a product from the store and I get two files to download. One ends with trx.exe and the other is dpc.exe
    I use studio 3.1.2.24
    Thank you for any help

dpc.exe is the one you want.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

johnnv said:
    I use studio 3.1.2.24
    Thank you for any help
    What product? Can you post a link just to make sure it can be used in DS3 as some new content can only be used in DS4/4.5 but the chances are that all is well.
  • johnnvjohnnv Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The product is a new release called "Curator Aquarum" for $1.99

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2012

The answer to your question is "it depends..."

* Some items with both Poser and DAZ|Studio installers have only D|S materials presets in the D|S installer, which will usually have a much smaller file size than the Poser installer. You will need to run both installers.

* Some items have full Poser and D|S installers, you will only need to run one or the other, and the file sizes should be not too different. (They won't be the same, because of the different way Poser and D|S do things.)

* Many items released in the last year or so include D|S files in the Poser installer. In this case there might not be a D|S installer.

* Many newer items will only work in D|S 4 or 4.5 — these should have "trx" in the file name, although some have the "trx" when they shouldn't (work OK in D|S3) or don't have it when they should (usually texture sets for Genesis stuff, which can't be used in D|S3 anyway).

It should tell you on the store page if any of these apply, but sometimes the store page info is... less than completely accurate. If this happens, the DAZ 30-day return policy is your friend.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am a bit confused myself to be honest now. I see DAZ format listed so in theroy it should work.

My advice is to pop over to this thread JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III][/ul] and you can either ask the man who man the product or another might see it and advise. I dom't have it myself otherwise I would take a look having DS3A installed and been used too.

well put SpottedKitty

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Just noticed you mentioned which item it is — most of Jack Tomalin's stuff seems to be made for D|S3 (and also works in 4.0 and 4.5). The few recent things he's done with 4.5 files have, I think, every time also included files to let it work in D|S3 as well. In this case, the Poser installer has D|S3 files included in the MATs and the D|S installer has D|S3 scene files. You should be OK, then.