Possibly a stupid question....

bnc300bnc300 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi. Well.. I'm new here, and i want to go to College for Game design.. Which would involve this..
So.. Here's my question.

If i want a Victoria 4 Model, do i have to buy the Victoria 4 SET?! Or can i buy something like this... http://www.daz3d.com/shop/faylinn-for-v4-2

Just to use it on? Cause i don't feel like spending 100/200$ on Victoria 4.. If this would word for a few outfits. Please let me know before i buy it later. Thank you!

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

You would need Victoria 4 and the Morphs++ to be able to use that one. You can't use it without.

• bnc300bnc300 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    You would need Victoria 4 and the Morphs++ to be able to use that one. You can't use it without.

Any one i wouldn't need it for? Or any of them? I'm just stuck at what to do. -_- Thanks for replying! I love and WANT to use that outfit, but i'm not sure what to do about that?

Screen_Shot_2012-11-26_at_12.29_.23_PM_.png
    664 x 425 - 181K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI bnc300 :)

The Victoria 4 figure,. is a BASE model,..
    then people design clothing , hair, poses, Skin textures, and by adjusting morphs, or directly modelling the mesh,. they create "Characters" which are Shape morphs to adjust that BASE figure, jnto a slightly different character.

Victoria 4, base,.. Is also the BASE figure for Aiko 4, Stephanie 4, She-Freak 4, and Reby,.

To use any of those add-on figures, or characters, ..you need to have the Victoria 4 BASE figure,.

Buying a "Character" (shape morph, plus skin textures), form the store,. it will mention what Model you require to use that product.

I love and WANT to use that outfit,

Not all items in the store can be used in game development, and as far as I'm aware, you still need to purchase a "Game Developers Licence" .. for the products you want to use in a game.

Hope it helps :)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

If you want to use Victoria 4 figure, you will have to buy these:

Victoria 4.2 Base
    Victoria 4.2 Morphs++

or this bundle, which is cheaper - it contains those two items and also some basic clothes and hair:

Victoria 4.2 Starter Bundle

edited December 1969

Oh, i'm aware, ii'm 18, and just finished school, College would help with the License. But thank you all! 15$? I'll get that! Thank you Very much!

edited December 1969

bnc300 said:
    wilmap said:

Any one i wouldn't need it for? Or any of them? I'm just stuck at what to do. -_- Thanks for replying! I love and WANT to use that outfit, but i'm not sure what to do about that?

Looking at the picture, the outfit is from this free bundle: Anime Star Fighter

This bundle also contains Aiko 3 base figure. Aiko 3 is a separate figure, which does not need Victoria 4 (Aiko 4 needs Victoria 4 to work, but Aiko 3 is independent). The outfit in your picture is Mech Girl for A3. So you already have Aiko 3 figure and this outfit is designed for her. You just load Aiko 3, put the outfit on her, pose, render. Victoria 4 cannot wear this outfit. Genesis figure can wear it via Autofit, but you will need to buy this product first: A3 and H3 shapes for Genesis

There are several different figures for DAZ Studio:

1) Oldest are Victoria 1 & 2 and Michael 1 & 2, I don´t think they are sold anymore. After them came:

2) Millenium 3 figures - Michael 3, Victoria 3, Stephanie 3, Aiko 3, Hiro 3, Freak 3, Girl 3 and others. Each is a separate, independent figure. They cannot wear each others clothing.

3) Millenium 4 figures - Michael 4 (with add-on figures Hiro 4, Freak 4) and Victoria 4 (with add-on figures Aiko 4, Girl 4, Stephanie 4). Only M4 and V4 are independent figures, the others (H4, S4 etc.) need them as base, without them they don´t work. They cannot wear each others clothing either, unless you buy unimesh fits for the respective shapes (but even then guys can only wear clothing for men and girls clothing designed for women).

4) Genesis figure is the last stage, the most advanced figure. It can be morphed into man, woman, child, even into human-like monster (e. g. a Troll, Gorilla). Millenium 5 figures are morphs for Genesis - Michael 5, Victoria 5, Stephanie 5 and Hiro 5. They don´t work without Genesis. And previous Millenium figures (Millenium 3 and 4) have been also recreated as morphs (shapes) for Genesis - when you buy them, you can use clothes made for those older figures on Genesis via Autofit. Also, Genesis figure can wear any clothing designed for Genesis, no matter in what you morph Genesis into (so M5 can wear V5´s outfits and vice versa).

There are also many character morphs made for all the different figures - they have different faces, skins etc. For example, this is a character for Victoria 3: Livia . To use such a character, you will need the base figure for which the character was made (V3 in this case).

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, just want to say Proxima Shining THANKYOU! Your explanation has been the best one i have read and understood, the only thing i have mastered so far is shopping it has become addictive and it explains alot of the problems i have had. Much appreciated.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2012

This item has all the 3rd Generation shapes:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Post edited by prixat on
    edited December 1969

hermana5 said:
    Hi, just want to say Proxima Shining THANKYOU! Your explanation has been the best one i have read and understood, the only thing i have mastered so far is shopping it has become addictive and it explains alot of the problems i have had. Much appreciated.

I am glad I could help. ;-)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI bnc300 :)

I love and WANT to use that outfit,

Not all items in the store can be used in game development, and as far as I'm aware, you still need to purchase a "Game Developers Licence" .. for the products you want to use in a game.

Hope it helps :)

Another thing to consider is the Aiko Star Fighter outfit was licensed for use in a hentai game. Something you might want to consider before choosing it for a game of your own since some buyers may infer a relationship between the two games that does not exist.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

bnc300 said:
    Oh, i'm aware, ii'm 18, and just finished school, College would help with the License. But thank you all! 15$? I'll get that! Thank you Very much!

Also check with your school about who owns the copyright for any content you create as a student. When I went to college (Humber College, back in the 80s for A/V Production) the school claimed 100% ownership of anything we created or developed while we were students at the school. There were options to license our own creative content back after graduation but all this meant students put as little money into productions while they were students since they wouldn't have any ownership of anything they created.

I don't know if Humber still has that Intellectual Property agreement with their students but it's definitely something to consider before your start opening your own wallet for school content. Of course I still ended up spending thousands of dollars on production costs necessary for my class projects since there are some material costs that just could not be avoided. Everything was on either film or 3/4" videotape back then. Man.... if I could somehow send my laptop back in time I'd have a production studio that would have thoroughly put to shame every piece of equipment I studied on.

Stupid lack of time machines. >:(

edited December 1969

Thank you all, you've helped a ton. :) Soooooo This response brings me here.. I posted it in another topic..

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12311/
    I just bought some clothes for Genesis like i said, and this is happening.. Truly great. >.<</p>