* CLOSED* RRRR October voting thread

2»

Comments

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

I too had difficulty picking only five but here are the ones I finally decided on:

Best
    1. Sasje #6 - SSSSHHHHT
    2. Barbult#5 - Contact
    3. Lucy45#3 - Purple Pansies
    4. KaribousBoutique#4 - Everything Zen
    5. MelanieL#5 - A Moment of Reflection

Funniest
    1. DennyL#1 - Pet T-Rex Can't Swim
    2. Winterlace#4 - She's a Bit Big
    3. KaribousBoutique#3 - The Modern and Archaic Methods of Beating a Dead Horse
    4. Totte#6 - Dr. Horrible's Garage Sale
    5. Pixel8ted#6 - Pranked

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 461
    edited December 1969

Best
    1 Tag:Sasje#6
    2 TAG: Pixel8ted#6
    3 TAG:Luci45#3
    4 Tag:Estroyer#1
    5 TAG:mhossack#1

Funiest
    1 TAG: KaribousBoutique #3
    2 TAG: Denny L #1
    3 Tag:barbult#4
    4 Tag:Sasje#2
    5 TAG:Totte#5

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Voted (but not telling :P)! It was really hard - much harder than making the images.
    Thanks for sharing all these great renders and making me laugh so often during the last weeks!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

I need to revote, but have a tight scedule at the moment >>
    Because there are so many (and I didn't wrote my previous one down) I need some time :D

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Just a little bump to make people come and vote!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

curious to see if anyone liked my render ... sigh

edited December 1969

curious to see if anyone liked my render ... sigh

Most probably very liked, but the competition this round was really hard. I like about 75% of the renders so much I wanted to give them points, when I had 10 left in each category I almost cried when I had to remove half of them from the top five, was much harder to vote than to make the renders, much much harder ;-)

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited December 1969

Hi all...
    This round of RRRR was truly amazing.... Here are some comments of a few entries that caught my attention. As always, they were all terrific but something about these 'popped' for me. I voted for ten of these, but not necessarily in the order here ;)

Luci45#4
    the composition on this is excellent - it could be the poster for a really great movie. The blending of realism and cartoon is really well done.

Sasje#5 - There is a little story. Sweet, enchanting. the framing of the characters
    is very well done and artful.

sedor#1 - Matchball - Great depth. I find the posing of the left women especially
    graceful and dynamic.

sedor#2 - Costume party. Terrific posing and real sense the characters are
    interacting.

Micky_3d - Oh you do those gorgerous women so well. I like the abstract poses which
    makes the image truly distinctive.

adacey#1 - Great use of color to create a compelling mood. I like the pose and menace
    of the hag!

KaribousBoutique #3 - Terrific intensity of the characters. The color and lighting is truly striking.

Winterlace#1 - My Hero: Even princesses have dreams ... There is something elegant and
    classy about this render.

Dreaming a Monstor Battle Ballet at Zero-G
    TAG:Luci45#7

Stunning use of color. Visually there's something even Byzantine about the design.
    Luci at her best!

Winterlace#4 - enchanting. This wants to be a movie immediately. I find the characters adorbable and the posing and use of space is really wonderful. Well done.

barbult#5 - Contact.
    Imagantive. Terrific camera angle and composition to give this breadth and visual interest.

TAG:Warmblood#1
    The Rescuers

I really like the visual style of this, a kind of high-end graphic style that's sleek, graceful, yet still compelling. very well done.

Totte#7 Oh! No! It’s Lenny Loan shark! Classic Totte. There's something about your
    style that is Monty Python meets Magritte. I'd know one of your renders anywhere.

Ostadan#1 - Audition - This is wonderfully delightful - the setup for a children's
    book. The idea of this big ol paws of the tiger juggling is giggle inducing for sure.

Sasje#2 - Please look at the camera
    I love the incongruity of the everyday elements and the exotic creatures. Fun play of elements.

obanion#03 - Truly wacky. Enough said.

emsim#2 - Need a lift - Nice use of color. Playful and charming at the same time.

laputcha#7 - Maybe not so much funny as whimsical. The storybook feel is truly
    fun and engaging.

Denny L #1
    Title: Pet T-Rex Can’t Swim
    Fun and enchanting. Something Disney-esque makes this render quite cute and lovable.

Gopherus#2
    Not My Hydrangeas You Don’t!
    There's something lovable yet deranged about the heroine defending her spoils ;)

Great job by all!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey folks, If you played please vote. If you watched and had fun please vote. If you did neither but love a nice fun contest please vote.

As a sponsor I do not wish to vote, also you all did such nice work I can not pick just 5 in each category.
    LUCK to ALL. Now please vote.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

So, how many people have voted so far? :) And when will the final tally be made?

edited December 1969

So, how many people have voted so far? :) And when will the final tally be made?

19 has voted so far, and the final tally will be done on Wednesday, December 5 (I hope Bohemian3 will assist, just remembered I'm invited to a xmas late lunch with some friends and colleagues that day, will probably count like the Palm Springs vote tallies after that, but thats a good time to make wacky renders... ;-)

• adaceyadacey Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Bump, finally got my votes in. I prefer to keep them private but to each their own.

• Micky_3dMicky_3d Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

My vote :

Best
    1st Adacey #1
    2nd Sedor #2
    3rd Sasje #6
    4th Pixel8ted #3
    5th Estroyer #1

Fun
    1st Luci45#4
    2nd Barbult#4
    3rd Winterlace#4
    4th Pixel8ted#6
    5th Totte#6

& great work everyone :lol:

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 2012

Great contest. Fun to enter and fun to try to choose my favs from among all of the great entries.

Also, I'm thrilled to see my entry popped up a few times above. Thanks!

Post edited by warmblood on
    edited December 1969

OK Closed!

• adaceyadacey Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    OK Closed!

Looking forward to seeing the results from this one, there were tons of great entries.

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Me too! Thanks for all the positive comments on my pictures. I'm glad you liked them! :)

I really enjoyed seeing all the entries, some made me laugh so much, and others were just moving, and all were just great!

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Me three. :)

edited December 1969

Winners are announced in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12867/