Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    ... edit ....

I will now disappear from posting for another year ...

Oh don't disappear! And not to take the real concerns out of context ... more so on another topic but also with some ST items over the past couple of years there were a few problems with a person or two converting items without and/or against the permissions of the original modellers and giving them away with rights they did not have for themselves, let alone for to pass on. Worse, some were claiming that they were the creators ... well, it's a small world. May take awhile, but they get found out.

Don't have the link atm but there's a beautiful Enterprise in the works and its creator is hoping that Paramount will buy it for games or whatever ... don't think the computers are made yet that could handle it in a game. But it will certainly be a treasure if/when that day comes :-) A walk through room by room Enterprise, THE Enterprise ;-)

It's at Sci-fi meshes. I've been following it off and on myself:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?60485-USS-Enterprise-NCC1701-Deck-by-Deck

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    DavidGB said:
    ... edit ....

Oh don't disappear! And not to take the real concerns out of context ... more so on another topic but also with some ST items over the past couple of years there were a few problems with a person or two converting items without and/or against the permissions of the original modellers and giving them away with rights they did not have for themselves, let alone for to pass on. Worse, some were claiming that they were the creators ... well, it's a small world. May take awhile, but they get found out.

Don't have the link atm but there's a beautiful Enterprise in the works and its creator is hoping that Paramount will buy it for games or whatever ... don't think the computers are made yet that could handle it in a game. But it will certainly be a treasure if/when that day comes :-) A walk through room by room Enterprise, THE Enterprise ;-)

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?60485-USS-Enterprise-NCC1701-Deck-by-Deck

Yes that's it! Found it on the other forum first that he also refers to there, http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?175366-NCC-1701-USS-Enterprise-Deck-by-Deck-WIP

That's one massive amount of determination he's got. I tend to give up on projects that take more than a week. Sometimes I redo them "once or twice" ... okay for the Klingon sash, about 7 times. "one day" lol ... if the world doesn't end by the end of February or whatever, "Maybe" next year lol ...

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Deck By Deck! Now... one, that's bloody insane! Two... I'm actually shocked nobody's done it before...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Think he's been burning through a few computers there for the task ;-)

Also if anyone is interested:

As per Wiki: The brig Enterprise in the film Star Trek Generations was portrayed by the brig Lady Washington.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Washington [some nice large images suitable for private holodecks]

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

That's not the only appearance by Lady Washington... she was also in Pirates of the Caribean.

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

patrol

patrol2.jpg
    823 x 506 - 61K
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    DavidGB said:
    ... edit ....

Yes that's it! Found it on the other forum first that he also refers to there, http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?175366-NCC-1701-USS-Enterprise-Deck-by-Deck-WIP

That's one massive amount of determination he's got. I tend to give up on projects that take more than a week. Sometimes I redo them "once or twice" ... okay for the Klingon sash, about 7 times. "one day" lol ... if the world doesn't end by the end of February or whatever, "Maybe" next year lol ...

The Deck-by-Deck Enterprise is one of thoes Holy Grails of the 3D world. Folks often start out seeking to make it--because in theory, it should be so easy---after all, we DO have the deck-by-deck plans from Franz Joseph.

But pursuing the 3D Enterprise is much like the Arthurian quest---they all seem to end up playing the Joker in the next Batman movie....or Jason in the next Friday the Thirteenth.... :gulp:

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Ok, I have found a MUCH better Clydesdale model then the one I just converted so I wont be bothering with the first one. The newer one, which I have somehow over looked is by Raul Mamoru who also did the Spacedock and a few other fine models found only at Trekmeshes. It might be a few days before you all see it though cause I dont do as much conversion work during the week as I do on the weekend. So, hopefully soon.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Take your time Matty I am sure that the model will be worth the wait!

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

I think you mean this one:

i ran it through poseray a few months ago

clydesdale-5-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 278K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Yup, that one.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Did I imagine that I saw an updated Daedalus (maybe JJ version?) somewhere amongst the images that included the Ptolemy? I went back thru this thread and the ships of the line thread and cant seem to find it. Maybe I did imagine it...

David

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    MotoTsume said:

Yup, that one.

cant wait then - love that clydesdale, are you gonna match it sizewize to the spacedock like raul did?

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Not done with the Cardassian textures for the V4 bodysuit, but making progress. Should have them before the end of the week.

test.jpg
    496 x 714 - 79K
    edited December 1969

WOW that looks awesome! Do you plan on doing a Cardassian skin mat set as well?

edited November 2012

just a quick render

the clydesdale, I should have reduced its size a bit more I see now LOL

departing-spacedock-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 213K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    cant wait then - love that clydesdale, are you gonna match it sizewize to the spacedock like raul did?

Im going to scale it to be 5 or 6 meters unless I can find info that says otherwise. i dont remember if the Spacedock was to scale or not when I converted it.

Did I imagine that I saw an updated Daedalus (maybe JJ version?) somewhere amongst the images that included the Ptolemy? I went back thru this thread and the ships of the line thread and cant seem to find it. Maybe I did imagine it...

David

That you did - Daedalus Class Retrofit

Just waiting on permission for that one. I have not heard back via DeviantART so I will be looking for a working email for that person since they have two more items that I want to convert.

edited December 1969

Cool. Keep me posted when it becomes available. I like the design.

David

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

WOW that looks awesome! Do you plan on doing a Cardassian skin mat set as well?

Like this? Yes, but I won't release it until after the movie based on my webcomic (neither of which I've started) are finished. Then after that you can find it at a friend's website (the address of which I'm going to neglect to mention) where you'll have the choice of paying $76 or making 76 positive comments on my Innuyasha fanfic and tips on My Little Pony makeovers.... which is worth it, I think, because I really spent a lot of time on this last night....

Just kidding,guys... I can't get the neck ridges to match up yet. Will have this out as soon as I can figure that out. PM me if you'd like to beta test what I've got so far.

facetestB.jpg
    496 x 714 - 172K
    edited December 1969

Mylochka you have a PM from me.

edited December 1969

sent a pm

edited December 1969

Caretaker

caretaker-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 109K
  • willdialwilldial Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Well, I just got finished watching all seven seasons of Deep Space Nine. And my memory was indeed correct. I liked it better than TNG almost 15-20 years ago, and I still like it better today.

In my opinion (humble as it is), TNG hasn't really aged all that well. DS9, on the other hand, still seems as fresh today as it did when it originally aired. I found most of the "secondary" characters on the show (Rom, Nog, Dukat, Damar, Kai Winn, Vedek Bariel, etc.) to be far more enjoyable and entertaining than the entire casts of Voyager and Enterprise... COMBINED!

So... WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR DS9?!

I am with you on this one. I love DS9. I enjoyed TNG, TOS, VOY, and ENT. But, DS9 is still my favorite. I think DS9 had the best secondary characters of all the shows. We watched Nog and Rom grow to be full as a main character.

I thought DS9s villains were great. Dukat is my favorite villain. He is so good, he has fan sites. I read a star trek magazine calling Dukat the most complex villain in all of Star Trek.

You can keep the Enterprise. I'll be on the Defiant.

Thanks for letting me vent.

edited December 1969

is there a cardassian morph anywhere ?

as Mylochka's cardassian skin looks great on a v4 but without a cardassion morph it is missing something :(

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

Character idea - a race that's biochemistry is somewhat caustic and acidic. Their natural body oils, sweat, saliva, etc can cause anything from mild irritation to burns in other races and damage some materials over time. They wear uniforms made from reinforced cloth and gloves to protect others.

Alien7.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 138K
    edited December 1969

I like that idea Tim very creative and she has a very unique head morph. Great idea to have for a new race to the Federation

edited December 1969

What effect would their breath have? If their saliva causes irritation, wouldnt their breath do so as well?

David

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

Possibly, if someone gets too close.

thanks, Shadowhawk!

edited December 1969

Would they not then wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose to prevent it? I would think that if their breath causes irritation that it would also cause issues with equipment and such. For some reason I thought of Ensign Mendon and his breathing apparatus.

David

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited November 2012

i had a bit of time today so i converted blue beatles m4 cardassian textures and bunp maps to v4 then i toot the whole thing into the morph tools room and sculp5ted a bit of a morph to enhansw the effect of the bump maps

blue beatle pm me please

enjoy

cardy_chick.jpg
    823 x 506 - 21K
    Post edited by bluto on
This discussion has been closed.